Kerbin's biosphere

Zephram Kerman

I\'ve been thinking about the biosphere of planet Kerbin. If we all agree the Kerbals evolved from grass, that means they don\'t require oxygen but carbon dioxide, sunlight, water, and some minerals. This would explain why they are able to survive for many days in orbit. Their life support systems do not require any weighty oxygen, and can be replenished with just a little puff from a thruster. It also explains why they used to explode when landing on the dark side.

Anyway, since the Kerbal biosphere depends on plentiful CO2, the sudden appearance of a competing species (the noxious tree infestation) presents a dire emergency. Each tree consumes large amounts of CO2, which our Kerbals need to survive and is also a vital greenhouse gas which keeps our planet warm. If this trend continues, Kerbin will soon be depleted of CO2 and smothered under a heavy layer of suffocating oxygen. I need not remind you that excessive oxygen has already been blamed for destructive fires in the vicinity of our spacecraft landings.

As global cooling has already affected the polar regions, a strange white powdery material has blanketed thousands of square kilometers. Some scientists claim this white powder is crystallized water in solid form. This 'freeze' effect happens only at extreme cold temperatures, below zero degrees, which I need not remind you is the extreme lower limit of our measurement scale. Now we have to invent negative numbers, just in order to measure the effects of this phenomenon. This 'frozen' water falls from the sky, apparently having been removed from our oceans! As the ocean level drops, our intrepid Kerbanauts will find it more difficult to find safe deep-water landing sites.

I propose each and every one of us should do whatever we can to mitigate the global cooling crisis. Launch as many rockets as you can! Chop down a tree, or better yet burn it carefully. (Ideally, someone should invent a wood-burning rocket engine.) Breathe as little as possible. For every activity you do, consider your oxygen footprint.

Do it for the kerblings. Thank you.

The global cooling from to less CO2 made my day! :D ;D :D

And 'explode when landing on the dark side' remeber me of those good old days 8) that was before 0.10 wasn\'t it?

How does this account for the fact that the ocean level has visibly risen?

It hasn\'t. Its just so many Kerbonauts landed their ships on the Panachio islands that the entire archipelago just wore away to nothing.

How does this account for the fact that the ocean level has visibly risen?

Not really the fact that is rose, but more that the geographical features were less jumpy compared to the surrounding area; more flat land.

It destroyed many islands.