[0.25] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2

Astronomer

Which features do you like the most?  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Which features do you like the most?

• Semi-Procedural Auroras
    • Clouds for Eve & Jool
    • 29MB Lightning
    • Lens Flare
    • Snow
    • Sandstorms and Surface Dust
    • Atmospheric Scattering
    • Interstellar Music Replacement
    • New Sun
    • Surface Glow

For those who have issues about crashing in loading screen/wrong cloud textures, try running stock KSP with ATM in OpenGL mode once THEN run it again with this mod installed (OpenGL also), fixed the overflow/bad cache problem. After that you can play the game in d3d9/11 and so far I have not encountered a problem so far.

Dear @SoloSynth1 congrats on your first post. Secondly, all respect due, one of the... uh... setbacks with OSX is that you cannot really use OpenGL or d3d9/11 (Properly to my knowledge. If there is a will, there is a way). That is if you were hinting at moi. I understand that I am just one of the many users of this addon but your suggestion won't work for every budding kerbonaut. Danke mein freund (Thank you my friend)

Are people able to achieve this lens flare with .90? I can't seem to be able to get it working, using the "updated" version. Granted, it's only for .25.X...

I presume that is "Space Engine Hexagonal"?

i posted the updated sunflare file a few pages back http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102145-0-25-Astronomer-s-Visual-Pack-Interstellar-V2?p=1622021&viewfull=1#post1622021

How I managed to get the mod working mostly ok with some instability with default 32 bit version with ATM. First I deleted the whole texture cache of ATM, then launched 64 bit version with all the mods installed, which compressed the textures. After the compression was done I just started with 32 bit and everything worked correctly. I've got this and couple other mods installed and I run the normal 32 bit without OpenGL since it lowers the performance so much for me. There's some instability and some crashed now and then but alas, it's working.

Waiting for updates for this lovely project.

How I managed to get the mod working mostly ok with some instability with default 32 bit version with ATM. First I deleted the whole texture cache of ATM, then launched 64 bit version with all the mods installed, which compressed the textures. After the compression was done I just started with 32 bit and everything worked correctly. I've got this and couple other mods installed and I run the normal 32 bit without OpenGL since it lowers the performance so much for me. There's some instability and some crashed now and then but alas, it's working.

Waiting for updates for this lovely project.

64bit unity is inhertly unstable so the 64bit ksp is unstable. i had no problems getting it to work on 32 bit. as a matter of fact ive combined this pack and the rensance pack without much problem.

I have a mac book, and even though I followed the instructions in the visual pack, nothing changed in my game. Everything is still stock. I am confused and I really want to have this pack.

Please help!

DMSP

I have a mac book, and even though I followed the instructions in the visual pack, nothing changed in my game. Everything is still stock. I am confused and I really want to have this pack.

Please help!

DMSP

Did you install this before installing the visual pack?

Nope. Trying now.

I'll report back. In a while... I accidentally deleted everything...

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I downloaded the environmental pack alone, and it did not work.

I tried putting in the "Gamedata" folder, and the two separate folders, but it still looks like stock KSP.

Anyone have/had this problem?

How do you fix it?

Is there a way I can fix it?

DMSP.

- - - Updated - - -

Help?

Anyone?

Please help!

DMSP

@DMSP I had problems on my mac book too with AVP(See below)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It eventually worked when I individually installed each part. Does this help?

Edit: What I meant is that I installed each step individually then ran the game. I use basic ATM.

Edited by TheGamingNoobster

i hope it does too! Post the results.

yes!!!

Step one worked!

- - - Updated - - -

Step 2: Great!

- - - Updated - - -

Question for step 3, should I use chatterer and planet shine? Do I have to?

- - - Updated - - -

Never-mind, everything is good, takes a while to load but KSP is now incredible. Thanks for the help guys!

Hello , I hope that can update soon the mod for version 0.90 because in my case, work almost everything except the lightning. the lens flare sun work fine with a update that download from here for 0.90 just waithing for the lighning. Thanks, the mod gives you an incredible realism. Good work.

Can someone make a step by step guide on how to install this? I've tried several different solutions without luck.

I have EVE installed -working

also have ATM

Playing on 32b version

Have enough ram

Not that many mods -none part heavy

Tried installing without citylights - makes eve work but not astro.

Someone told me to install a firespitter.dll but that only went crashing.

yes!!!

Step one worked!

- - - Updated - - -

Step 2: Great!

- - - Updated - - -

Question for step 3, should I use chatterer and planet shine? Do I have to?

- - - Updated - - -

Never-mind, everything is good, takes a while to load but KSP is now incredible. Thanks for the help guys!

No problem DMSP. Personally, I use planetshine. When I load up my game, the first time will always crash, the rest won't.

- - - Updated - - -

@EasyAce & @JID00Gaming

Probably follow the prior steps I told DMSP. Start with a fresh install, with atm basic (aggressive didn't work for me). You can use Planetshine and DOE too. Install each step individually. Between each step (added extras) load up KSP. Voila!

Jool seems to have white clouds.... how do i get rid of them? Im using distant objects as well if thats any use.

No idea, my game would crash on load up when I installed them. I'll try again to see if there is a result.

Update: Like a computer michael jordan of the computer world, I got nothing but crash. Sorry about that.

Edited by TheGamingNoobster

Jool seems to have white clouds.... how do i get rid of them? Im using distant objects as well if thats any use.

jool1.png and joolLayers1.png are white clouds. You could color shift them. Try different shades of green.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that. True blue champ!

Paint.net can be used to make the compressed dtx files. It's deffinetly a bit on the involved side of things as you can end up with flipped textures and such.

Something for Astronomer to consider. The default loader also leaks as I hear it, so that's another reason to do it, but it is work.