Parts: 1300+

(Real Shuttle)

Gross Weight: 2000 tonnes on launch

Cargo to LEO: 30 tonnes

Shuttle Cost/ Launch: $450 million

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q0czosqwhgpcghj/STS-+Mk2A.craft

WATCH THIS VIDEO TO SEE HOW IT FLIES!

Gallery

I suggest looking at these images in full resolution to enjoy the majesty of size and pixels!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edited by zekes

dear lord...

I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into this. I would love to try this thing out, but my computer started whimpering when I scrolled down to the part count. However, if it performs near as good as it looks, it is a true masterpiece. Well done!

I have found an issue: Do not press "X" then "Z" in rapid succession repeatedly.

Thing has so many parts it made a WHOOSH sound when it exploded, maybe it imploded?

It's because the 3 SSMEs are built on an I-beam cross on the end of the orbiter.... I've never had them break but they do move a lot when you throttle quickly.... if you went fro X to Z it probably just crushed the internal fuel, broke the mounts, and went straight through the rear of the shuttle :P

I really need to make a video or a user manual for this thing.

Err, you DO realize that Kerbals and everything they build is at least a few times smaller than real life, right? Which means...

No, I know - but the part diameters are correct - so the rocket is "correct"

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Radial_size

See picture below - the space shuttle's main boosters are made out of the largest part - and that's 3.71meters (kerbals are what, 1/2 a meter high?)

524px-Radial_size_comparison.png

Edited by zekes

So in other words, the shuttle is correctly sized for humans but not Kerbals.

But mein Gott that's a big craft! My computer stumbled briefly over the Imgur album, I'd hate to have to actually load that beast. It'd probably liquefy my computer just loading it into the VAB!

So in other words, the shuttle is correctly sized for humans but not Kerbals.

But mein Gott that's a big craft! My computer stumbled briefly over the Imgur album, I'd hate to have to actually load that beast. It'd probably liquefy my computer just loading it into the VAB!

Haha, yeah :P I've had worse (1600 part Laythe base)...

By the way has anyone flown it yet? I'd love to know if people have tried it..... mabye some of you can make it fly. Either way, a fully detailed user manual will be ready within a few hours.

Zeke. wow. this has epic thread written all over it. here's a post. :) let's get this thread into the 100 post response count!

I'm writing the manual right now, so with that in hand everyone should be able to use it :D and yes, 100 posts would be awesome :D it's already gotten 66 downloads (though I bet significantly less launches)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.