[0.17] Multiversal Mechatronics - Munolith Research Division - 1.3

r4m0n

Muon Detector - 1.3

After extensive research on the mysterious Munoliths, Multiversal Mechatronics has found out they emit a continuous Muon radiation, and made this detector to help locating the anomalies.

FiMqx.png

0x6U5.jpg

Download here

Source code available here, GPL license

New products will become available as research proceeds.

Edited by r4m0n

Install it in a craft, activate it, and if there is a Munolith in range (there is a short and long range version) it will beep with a frequency proportional with the proximity of the nearest Munolith.

The long range version will also blink a green light if you are moving closer, or red if you are moving away from it.

This mod is awesome - not too easy that it takes away the fun and you still need to 'pinpoint' a landing area, and not too hard that it would take hours to be useful!

Sending my sat/rover recon mission:

screenshot196.png

Landed the rover near the pinpointed area, time to find the relic:

screenshot211c.png

Mission success!

screenshot214ca.png

I\'m kind of glad I never found the Munolith before this, it was actually a fun mission to do with the limited radar capabilities!

R4m0n - does this detector work on other KSP bases and anything else or only on Munoliths?

I\'ll find some munolits manually, then i\'ll use this. Looks fun, love the awacs-style dish. Could you release an other version that simply pinpoint vessels and debrits ?

Kind of a stupid question, but are the locations of the Munoliths hard-coded into the plugin, or do they actually act as a sort of homing-beacon? If not, that\'d actually be a really cool feature for Harv to add into the game. 'What the heck is causing such-and-such planet to emit all of this radiation from that oddly precise location?'

Hum, i don\'t think a Muon detector would work IRL.

According to Science et Vie Junior (a French magazine), Muon particles only lives 0.000 002 seconds, after that it disintegrates in Neutrinos and Electrons...

[quit ScienceFacts.exe] :P

Hum, i don\'t think a Muon detector would work IRL.

According to Science et Vie Junior (a French magazine), Muon particles only lives 0.000 002 seconds, after that it disintegrates in Neutrinos and Electrons...

[quit ScienceFacts.exe] :P

Well, when travelling at relativistic speeds they can live 'long' enough to travel long distances and to be detected. =P