[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

You might want to ask about the ISRU in the Realism Overhaul thread

And from there you'll be redirected to RealISRU dev thread.

Any help is appreciated. Especially some comprehensible photos of chemical reactors (Bosch, Haber-Bosch, Fisher-Tropsh and especially Sabatier) with description - what is where. I can't realistically model what I don't see or can't imagine in details.

Edited by Dr. Jet

Just to let you all know, I talked with pjf on irc and alerted him that RP-0 was coming up in CKAN as being 1.0.4 compatible. He appears to have fixed that and made it 0.90 only, so hopefully there won't be a bunch of reports about RP-0 not working properly in 1.0.4, especially after Scott Manley did a video today about RO and included RP-0 in it.

Just to let you all know, I talked with pjf on irc and alerted him that RP-0 was coming up in CKAN as being 1.0.4 compatible. He appears to have fixed that and made it 0.90 only, so hopefully there won't be a bunch of reports about RP-0 not working properly in 1.0.4, especially after Scott Manley did a video today about RO and included RP-0 in it.

Sorry about asking this, but, i'm following Scott, i know i won't be able to achieve anything with the mod suggestion he's doing, because i'm not THAT good of a player, but on topic, that thing you said means that this mod won't show on ckan because it is not ready to be played with 1.0.4, right?

Sorry about asking this, but, i'm following Scott, i know i won't be able to achieve anything with the mod suggestion he's doing, because i'm not THAT good of a player, but on topic, that thing you said means that this mod won't show on ckan because it is not ready to be played with 1.0.4, right?

Yep, thats what he said. RP-0 is not ready to be played yet.

The PART structure is indeed will be freed from meory, but KSP will still load textures and models, so You need, say, AutoPruner. Feel free to share Your tested .prnl's here ;-)

ah, damn :(

anyways I installed the autopruner.

But I find it a bit.. hm, too light or bulky?

When I was first installing RO I was wondering: First of all the opener thread (of RO) is very good and helpful in terms of which mods are required and which are recommended.

But then it says "choose at least some of those" part packages hm, okay so I chose some of them. I see it is still work in progress but it is rather chaoitc.

The thing is, a lot of parts are redundant and a lot I do not want to use. And sometimes the forum pages of the part mods are anit-proportionally informative to the quality of the parts

I always admire people just playing ksp on youtube having fun, while I spend 90% of the time installing stuff, bug-fixing, testing, repairing save files, looking for ways to reduce memory usage or futile attemps to find causes for crashes. Anyway some of the guys said, that they only add parts from mod they use and even only add high res textures for places they currently are at.

So the point is, installing even two or three of those part packages is too memory consuming for 32-victims.

What rp0 is doing is tweaking it to a good gameplay (yaaay!), but the components you have to pick out by yourself, which I find kind of odd. So you make you gameplay balance at the end. And then there are the gaps in the CCT, I'd really like to have them filled with at least something usefull and not buy them to only get one which has it as a requirement.

What I'd like to have is a part pack (or a list of mods plus a part pruner list (but only a single one pls), which combines only the needed parts of realistic part packs filling the cct (or another tech tree) to play with procedural parts not introducing redundancy and avoiding memory-heavy parts.

Is there something like this existing? If not I will go on install most mods and make a list of parts needed and a pruner list.

Actually what I like to have is do-it-all-yourself, which relies on procedural parts only.

Ok, at least you need engines, command pods and the utilities like sience experiments solar panels, i.e. every part wich has a functionality you cannot mimik with procedural parts.

But I dont want to have the all-in-one-part apollo/gemini pods, service modules, or landers, since it is my job to construct them. Or even the launch escape system: I could design one using SRBs and structural parts, then I must test it, that's the fun of the game is it not?

I think the gemini/apolla ect parts are more for nostalgic reasons, I dont want to use them in my carreer mode (but other people might see that differently).

Also I do not particularly like that the command pods have so much stuff installed already (so I cannot go without a co2 scrubber). As I know there was almost all equipment in the service module, in the pod itself only navigtion stuff. So use a service module (are thre procedural service modules/bays?) and put those things in there.

Best Regards

â–¼

Edited by nablabla

What rp0 is doing is tweaking it to a good gameplay (yaaay!), but the components you have to pick out by yourself, which I find kind of odd. So you make you gameplay balance at the end.

Indeed. A 'Realism Overhaul Directors Cut' approved by Master NathanKell himself would be awesome, after the important stuff is done. But with KAS, Infernal Robotics, USI Kolonization Systems and the Near Future Stuff would be awesome. And don't forget the graphics pr0n mods!

thanks, so what I think we need, is a mostly-fixed list of part mods and prune lists for the AutoPruner which remove the non-rp non-ro etc. parts. (or better only one prunlist, to make it easier to use) (or a similar mechanism).

For engines and other must-be-in parts like in fasa and soviet engines. I think the later tech can be optional but near future and oks/mks would be great as well.

But I just made a reinstall and realized that rp0 is not yet even at 1.0.4 and there are still a lot of problems in the RO framework :/

Edited by nablabla

thanks, so what I think we need, is a mostly-fixed list of part mods and prune lists for the AutoPruner which remove the non-rp non-ro etc. parts. (or better only one prunlist, to make it easier to use) (or a similar mechanism).

For engines and other must-be-in parts like in fasa and soviet engines. I think the later tech can be optional but near future and oks/mks would be great as well.

But I just made a reinstall and realized that rp0 is not yet even at 1.0.4 and there are still a lot of problems in the RO framework :/

Yup, RP-0 very much does not work in 1.0.x. Keep a eye on the Github though.

NathanKell just released an RP0-Prerelease: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/releases

I have no idea whether it works, but thought people might want to know. Nathan has a few times released something in the Github without telling the forum, so it might be intended to be tested. It could also be that it is not intend for testing. (But why then the release?)

Have Fun + Thanks a lot to Nathan !!

It's for testing and in a bit I'll release another. Thanks to some truly excellent volunteering by folks (and a...rather late night last night) we're actually nearing ready, check out how many checked checkboxes there are! :)https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/issues/154

However, we remain in dire need of science text! And all that takes is the ability to write a little bit! (And google what the results should be) :)

We're good for the Geiger Counter in Earth space low, but otherwise we need logs.

http://goo.gl/Pd0Qs2

And see https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/issues/156 for a description and a list of the top-priority instruments.

However, we remain in dire need of science text! And all that takes is the ability to write a little bit! (And google what the results should be) :)

We're good for the Geiger Counter in Earth space low, but otherwise we need logs.

http://goo.gl/Pd0Qs2

And see https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/issues/156 for a description and a list of the top-priority instruments.

Would you like us to put in the same text for multiple biomes if it fits or is someone going to go through it and do that? It just takes a long time for us to do that in the google form because you can't just select multiple biomes.

And also, I think it is sensible to write pluto reports based on the New Horizons data, assuming that they will make sense when the textures are updated.

EDIT: just saw that that you can select no biome. Would that be good as indication that it is meant for all?

Awesome news about the nearing release and the pre-release. Super excited, thx a lot.

Edited by Warp11

I added descriptions for a Pluto camera (forgot what biome/situation) (says no craters) , Uranus crew report from high space (joke about "Uranus"), and Io surface sample from Volcanic Hotspots (recent eruption).

Got a couple questions relating to the eventual 1.0x release of RP-0.

1) Will there be more contracts available? Last time I played RP-0, I always felt a little light on available contracts. Especially later in my career when I was trying to plan larger, more expensive flights. Any chance we'll get contracts that recreate real life launches? Even simple stuff like putting up comm, spy/military and gps satellites into more or less real orbits?

2) Will the new tree include room for more modern and even near future (not the mod but things like Ares, SLS, Vulcan and SpaceX) tech advances?

Even without the above, I'm really looking forward to this release. I've been holding off playing RO until RP-0 was ready because I like doing the career progression but I have to say, I really miss the realism factor.

Aw, thanks!

1. Yes, we'll have a bunch of custom contracts now.

2. There's plenty of _room_. It's just that since we had to redo the tree due to 1.0 changes, we're back to supporting little past 1965 right now.

I'd like to see RP-0 eventually get to near future. I'd really love to work up to a legitimate (as much as possible, anyway) Mars mission based on existing and planned concepts. I know I could do that basically "out of the box" with RO, but building up to that in career mode really interests me. :)

so, I got RO for the latest squad release, and got RP-0 Pre-8 for 1.0x, only to find an outdated dependency that is critical! Please help me! I want this so bad.

Mod: Tech Manager

[edit] I do realize it is still in development. but shouldn't I be able to test it?

Edited by RoketMan

The current dependency list is here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/blob/master/README.md

(copied: )

Requirements:

• Realism Overhaul and all its required mods
  • Community Tech Tree (and Tech Manager, to load it)
  • Lack's SXT (although only the engines have RO configs as of yet)
  • Ven's Stock Parts Revamp
  • Contract Configurator
  • Custom Barn Kit
  • Deadly Reentry (RO only recommends it. We require it.)

Recommended:

• Procedural Fairings
  • Procedural Parts
  • B9 Procedural Wings
  • Kerbal Construction Time

In Progress

• DMagic's Orbital Science
  • Universal Storage
  • FASA
  • TestFlight

Note that as of KSP 1.0, KSP natively supports modded tech trees.

Community Tech Tree (and Tech Manager, to load it)

Note that as of KSP 1.0, KSP natively supports modded tech trees.

I believe there was some confusion as to the necessity of Tech Manager. If Stock supports modded tech trees, then Tech Manager shouldn't be required, correct?