[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

Hitokiri: Ah, I see. No, I don't believe there is such a thing, that'd be great. :)

Thomassino: That sounds like a bugged install. How did you install? Do you have Contract Configurator installed? Do you have the latest SXT installed? Do you have any mods beyond what RO and RP-0 require?

Trollception: Great! Left a few comments, but otherwise looks stellar! :)

Thomassino: That sounds like a bugged install. How did you install? Do you have Contract Configurator installed? Do you have the latest SXT installed? Do you have any mods beyond what RO and RP-0 require?

I installed RO and RSS via CKAN on a clean install. Then I installed RP-0 bundle (with Contract Configurator). My SXT was installed in RO bundle, and I installed it only yesterday, so that's probably not the case. Other mods I have are mostly graphical: RVE, Planetshine, Distant Object enhancements etc.

EDIT: It was RVE. I reinstalled whole KSP and without it, contracts appear normally.

Thanks again Nathan :)

Edited by Thomassino
Update

search for Realistic Progression.

In other news,

RP-0 v0.38 Bumper

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e77696b696d656469612e6f72672f77696b6970656469612f636f6d6d6f6e732f7468756d622f612f61352f42756d7065722e6a70672f32373070782d42756d7065722e6a7067

• Increase stock-contract rewards.
  • Fix contracts to not require home body is named Earth (RVE compatibility).
  • Fix issue where nodes could be unlocked with only one parent.
  • Fix bug with toggling avionics (thanks to kendfrey!)
  • SirKeplan: Add NK-15 and 15V configs, place the appropriate engines earlier in the tree. Same for RD-0110 vs RD-0124.
  • Fix missing Staged Combustion node, fix later-tree node placement (and the two-nodes-one-spot issue).
  • Fix Mk 1-2 Pod Avionics (thanks to Rabada!)
  • Cost batteries (thanks to BevoLJ!)
  • Fix Proc Battery costing.
  • Lower Able avionics allowed mass to 5 tons.
  • Place and price He 111 cockpit (thanks to Autochthon!)
  • SirKeplan: Fix RLA configs.
  • Support Taerobee parts (X-1, Bumper/A-4/V-2)

Photo via Wikipedia, from NASA.

Is there any way of creating an MM_config that will make it so the empty tech nodes are free to purchase? Also, I saw someone else asking this question in another thread, but it was about RP-0, and I've tried looking at the same thing, and that thing is docking nodes. Where exactly are they supposed to be? I have a few from other mods (common berthing mechanism [which i think is stock] and I use non-androgynous docking ports mod), but I don't believe I was able to find the stock clamp-o-tron docking ports (or the ven revamp versions).

So, I'm not 100% this is an issue with RP-0 (i.e. might be a dependency like RO or KCT), but I can't find any information on it anywhere. I'm having a problem where, when I go to launch a vessel, I get a message saying "<pilot name> refuses to work", after which the game seems to treat the pilot as a tourist (i.e. can't take crew reports, can't do EVA). Is this a "feature"? If so, can someone explain it to me? What are the conditions under which a Kerbal will refuse to work, and what will remedy the situation? I don't think it's a problem with the vessel, since if I assign a different Kerbal to the craft, everything works normally.

I get a message saying "<pilot name> refuses to work", after which the game seems to treat the pilot as a tourist (i.e. can't take crew reports, can't do EVA).

That sounds a bit like USI Life Support, which will set crew to be tourists instead of killing them. Definitely not KCT, as there's nothing like that in KCT. Are you sure you installed RP-0 from a clean install and didn't have any other mod folders hanging out in GameData from a previous mod setup?

Not sure if this is RO or RP-0 related, or maybe it's just the same issue with really small things heating up incorrectly. Either way, there's a part labeled as "Cubic Octagonal Strut Mk I". I had it on a satellite I was launching. Everything was fine while I had the launch fairing in place but as soon as I jettisoned the fairings, this part immediately overheated and exploded. My engines will still going but I was well over 150km so nothing really should have overheated this component.

That sounds a bit like USI Life Support, which will set crew to be tourists instead of killing them. Definitely not KCT, as there's nothing like that in KCT. Are you sure you installed RP-0 from a clean install and didn't have any other mod folders hanging out in GameData from a previous mod setup?

It was a clean install, but I do have some other mods besides RP-0, including TAC-LS and some USI stuff. The craft in question had plenty of life support supplies, as evidenced by the fact that switching pilots solved the problem (i.e. re-load a savegame with the rocket still on the pad and re-launching using a different pilot). That was why I though maybe there was something going on with RP-0 or KCT. If it's an issue of TAC and USI fighting each other, then it's really weird that it would be tied to specific Kerbals, rather than vessels...

If it's an issue of TAC and USI fighting each other, then it's really weird that it would be tied to specific Kerbals, rather than vessels...

Yeah, I don't know. I just knew that USI life support operated in a similar manner. I unfortunately don't know of any other mods that might have that "feature", but hopefully someone else can shed some light on the situation for you.

Btw, if you revert to the VAB then it'll set the save state back to the point where the craft is still sitting on the pad, so you don't have to manually make saves before launching. I'm not sure if people are aware of that, but it's intentionally set up that way :)

Hello. I'm curious why stock radiators are listed as NO-RP0.

Just checked the tree.yml from github and see they haven't even been assigned a node yet. Likely this is due to the part not having a proper cost, as is usually the reason. They are likely over/underpowered if listed as NO-RP0.

Not sure if this is RO or RP-0 related, or maybe it's just the same issue with really small things heating up incorrectly. Either way, there's a part labeled as "Cubic Octagonal Strut Mk I". I had it on a satellite I was launching. Everything was fine while I had the launch fairing in place but as soon as I jettisoned the fairings, this part immediately overheated and exploded. My engines will still going but I was well over 150km so nothing really should have overheated this component.

Stock heating problem to be fixed in 1.1

StockyAtlas.jpg

Craft File

One more, a kinda-sorta Atlas from stock parts. Not so sure about displaying good building practices, and it's certainly not easy to fly, but...

Well, you know, the first time I played RP-0 (or RSS for that matter) the engine descriptions painted a clear picture of how the Atlas worked. I had never heard of that before and would have liked to to it myself, but couldn't figure out how to make a detachable engine without fuel lines. Eventually I settled for a far simpler (and more powerful) design with two radial boosters, and felt like a cheat for using such advanced construction techniques.

Yesterday, I had an idea of how to do that staging with fairing bases, so I gave it a shot.

In my opinion, the Atlas isn't something you really use. It's a curiosity, you try it a few times (at most!) before moving on to designs that are a lot easier to handle. Still, I think it should be included among the stock vessels, if only so that everyone can share the experience.

(side note: whenever I load that craft, I find the upper interstage fairing base has slipped up into the capsule. This occasionally happens to my interstages, I don't know why.)

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't tried, but can't imagine them serving a purpose in RSS. Maybe on a mission to Mercury, certainly not to keep your LH2 from evaporating.

Just want to report that I'm getting negative reputation since the last update.

My math seems to show that i'm getting the value in the parentheses instead of the value in green for contracts as shown bellow.

Well you should be getting negative reputation for that mission. Your administration policies are taking away too much reputation. Can they be set for over 100% reputation loss in the administrative building?

- - - Updated - - -

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by federicoaa viewpost-right.png

I haven't tried, but can't imagine them serving a purpose in RSS. Maybe on a mission to Mercury, certainly not to keep your LH2 from evaporating.

Wouldn't they be needed for Nuclear engines or reactors in Near Future once it is implemented? NERVA is in RP-0 already (i thought...) so not sure how that should be cooled without radiators.

shoe7ess: I'm not aware of any way to do that, since MM can't know in advance what parts are in what nodes.

The first docking ports are in Flight Control.

federicoaa: No one has placed/priced them yet, as shoe7ess says. Wanna try? :)

arisian: RP-0 is the closest thing to a Total Conversion that KSP has. I highly, highly recommend sticking to only the mods we require and the mods we support, otherwise you'll get all sorts of weirdness (as you found). RO 'recommends' TACLS, which means it installs by default; we most certainly do not 'recommend', or even suggest, USI.

chrisl: Heating bug. Get Claw's heating fix.

Laie: Great work! How do you have it working without fuel lines?

Trollception: Great! I'd suggest linking it from the issue you created. But it might also be worth linking it from the PR too.

RoketMan: Uh...the same way you installed KSP. Via steam update or by going to the store page you got it from and downloading it again.

federicoaa: Awesome! If you check back a couple pages, either here or on the RO thread, I describe how. :)