Physics Games

Dogface

SPINTIRESâ„¢

Yeah, Spintires looks like a driving game, but its not. It is an open world physics simulation. And not just truck and mud simulation but everything, trees, rocks water. Its amazing. I was shocked when I saw a sapling get caught on the truck, bend over with truck and then as the truck past the sapling WHIPPED BACK. It also has a strategy element to it. There are a lot of different roads and trucks you could use and you have to find the best.

I stayed up until 4am playing the other night. I love this game!

on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263280/

SPINTIRESâ„¢ Trailer

What's the point of this game?

Is it just me or there have been tons of games lately which lack any meaning and are basically just Steam moneysuckers?

People always say the same thing to me about KSP. Give it a try, its great.

SpinTires Review - Never Been Happier To Be Stuck

the crane is now usable to load logs. the game is still in alpha.

Edited by Dogface

Yeah, because a detailed space flight simulator with an accent on physics, which is going towards a game with proper economy implementation is so identical to a game where you push vehicles through mud for the sake of pushing them through the mud.

I was not comparing KSP to ST. I was comparing small minded people.

Toribash is a physics based fighting game I've been playing on and off for quite a few years.

The best way to describe it is you can control your ragdoll character by putting its various joints in a few different states: Hold, Relax, Contract,extend, and the spine has rotate left/right)

You set up your joint movements and a ghost shows what your character will do with that set up. then time advances by 1/4 second, and you can alter the joints again.

Oh and its completely free. money only lets you customize your character, no gameplay benefits, everyone is equal.

Yeah, because a detailed space flight simulator with an accent on physics, which is going towards a game with proper economy implementation is so identical to a game where you push vehicles through mud for the sake of pushing them through the mud.

To be honest, you could take the whole economy thing out of KSP and I would not shed a tear. Give me engines, tanks and physics and I am a happy camper.

Another good physics (ish) game is Turbo Dismount. You have your sort of rag doll/crash test dummy thing and you smash it into stuff and through minefields and bowling pins and jump ramps and stuff. (Wow, I really love using the word "stuff".)It also is very Kerbal when your monster truck does a barrel roll, crashes through a tower, and hits a minefield :D. You could also try Beam.NG Drive, as it has some beautiful soft-body physics (though the game is still in alpha so that may be a bit screwy) and has planes and helicopters and stuff too

Another good physics (ish) game is Turbo Dismount. You have your sort of rag doll/crash test dummy thing and you smash it into stuff and through minefields and bowling pins and jump ramps and stuff. (Wow, I really love using the word "stuff".)It also is very Kerbal when your monster truck does a barrel roll, crashes through a tower, and hits a minefield :D. You could also try Beam.NG Drive, as it has some beautiful soft-body physics (though the game is still in alpha so that may be a bit screwy) and has planes and helicopters and stuff too

Really, turbo dismount is is awful game. The crashes are boring and repetitive, as every vehicle only has a couple of disconnect able points. Beamng drive is currently the most advanced crash simulator.

Turbo dismount:

ss_351e1e8457f5621f6b5a70b068a8f0f63e7853d6.600x338.jpg?t=1408774762

Beamng Drive:

beamng-crash.jpg

Edited by Kinglet

Really, turbo dismount is is awful game. The crashes are boring and repetitive

That's your opinion. I find that I can use the exact same vehicle, with the exact same obstacle setup, on the exact same track, and I don't ever get bored, and the exact same thing never happens twice.

P. S. And it has a great port to mobile.

Edited by Hobbes Novakoff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.