Soundtracks & Epic music

Hey guys!

The KSP soundtracks are quite little and short, and normally most background music are played in repetition.

I suggest that KSP play some songs during launch, flying about in Kerbin etc.

E.g. this song plays during re-entry:

Then, after re-entry is over, the songs slowly fade away.

Also, please add more songs to the KSP library, such as this:

Side note: The bird-chipping noise when you're at the kerbal space center is very outdated too!

Feel free to leave your opinions below!

In Space, near a vessel or about to dock

Flying in kerbin, nighttime

Re-entry in jool, laythe or duna

Roaming in deep space, SOI encounter

Re-entry

Roaming in deep space, escape trajectory

Roaming in space near a planet

Flying over kerbin's deserts

Edited by Rdivine

How about nooooooo!

Don't get me wrong I like guitar and screaming as much as the next guy but not in KSP.

Everything in this thread is beautiful and should be made stock. better still it is made by a forum goer.

I'd say that needs more instruments. It's a bit bare. Not a bad start, but needs to be developed more.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Everything in this thread is beautiful and should be made stock. better still it is made by a forum goer.

Aw, thanks r4pt0r! Yes, I am going to develop the music a bit more, although I don't want it to overtake the game instead of just supplement it.

Sorry for not getting more of these songs done by now. I've just had a lot of side projects going on.

• 1 year later...
On 18.12.2014 at 5:28 PM, StormKat said:

"Danger Zone" should be played during launch. Or at least just the opening guitar part repeated over and over.

Actually I have this song in my playlist when I play KSP :D

I also got a nice theme you might now for the final approach and landing:

But for real guys, ever heard of licensing? Music is art, art costs money, so unless you don't come up with open license music this is never gonna happen but feel free to use a brand new software called Winamp. Or iTunes. Or Rhythmbox or whatever and you can play whatever song you want.

The bad thing about these epic soundtracks is that they wind up very slowly, there are ambient tracks out there which were written specifically for background loop. The Top Gun Anthem is nice though.

I've posted before, maybe you'll pick something you like from this playlist:

You guys do realize music is property, right?  I'm pretty sure Kenny Loggins, Rush, and Ellie Goulding are likely out of the price range of Squad.

They can't just put music in at random, it has to be unlicensed or at the very least, for sale.

In the past I have suggested Liquid Cinema, you can hear several of their pieces on YouTube and they are a film music house, so their stuff is for sale.  Of course even that depends on whether Squad finds it worth spending money on.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.