Warning Rant. Americans and stereotypes.

bandit4910

It\'s annoying when something claims to be set to English, such websites or spellcheck, when it\'s really american English and everything is spelled wrong and it thinks that you\'re spelling things wrong.

For example, chrome thinks that I spell 'colour' wrong and wants me to spell it 'color'.

Yes! that has to be one of the worst things about spell check. though a little off topic, chrome rocks hard!

I am tired of people thinking 90% of our population is some fat no life looser.

Yeah, there are some fat people that\'s about 50% of our population.

I\'m not fat. Say if someone where saying this about your country and it wasn\'t true what would you do?

Rage. If all Americans are fat no lifes how did we create the internet?

How did we get too the moon?

How did we manage to get more spacecraft then I can list into space?

You can\'t debunk a stereotype by saying \'some of us aren\'t like that\'.

One of the few things actually invented in America was spray on cheese.

Skip to 25:20

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7210015627953212186#

You can\'t debunk a stereotype by saying \'some of us aren\'t like that\'.

One of the few things actually invented in America was spray on cheese.

Skip to 25:20

YES NOW! jezza has always been a legend.

I\'m slightly overweight, and every time a european tourist comes along, be it a child or a fully grown, developed, mature man, all I hear is 'Wow, the stereo-types are true! Fatass!' or 'Lard-man!' Of course, then, I call the police for harassment. Then thay usually ask 'What?', and I respond 'Freedom of speech. And, seeing as you\'re not an american citizen, you don\'t have that freedom. Deal with it.'

Its called Human Rights.

Which, may I remind you, are not dictated by the World Police that is America, but by Geneva in Switzerland.

Hah. Mine doesn\'t. Go on Spell-Checker options on right click, and choose English (UK). That\'s the Chrome way, anyhoo.

Thanks, I never realized you could do that. I changed my spellcheck language to Canadian English. It sucks though that you can\'t change the language of chrome overall, just the spellcheck.

Thanks, I never realized you could do that. I changed my spellcheck language to Canadian English. It sucks though that you can\'t change the language of chrome overall, just the spellcheck.

Re-install it...

No, my Chrome is in Latvian... You can chose that while installing.

It lets me change it to Latvian, but not Canadian English. I guess it can\'t display all languages.

But I can use English UK, which is good enough.

What country is saying this, some country were at war with?

No some country we were at war with in the past.

The British are saying this.(Mostly them anyway.)

I have no problems with the British that aren\'t like this.

British Al-lu-min-ee-um

American A-lu-mi-num

I think Americans should stop claiming to speak English and say they speak American since its almost a different dilect.

Ever hear of American English?

As Jeremy Clarkson pointed out, we basically invented America. But you didn\'t like paying taxes for tea so you started throwing crates around.

As Jeremy Clarkson pointed out, we basically invented America. But you didn\'t like paying taxes for tea so you started throwing crates around.

Yeah, well, not my fault. Blame somebodys ancestors.

That was hundreds of years ago.

We won the country the British and us are allies.(For now I assume.)

Get over it.

I have no problems with the British that aren\'t like this.Ever hear of American English?

The British are saying this... Are we?

I\'m pretty sure that\'s just because we speak roughly the same language. I couldn\'t tell if someone insulted me all the time in Japanese. =P

Besides, we also have stereotypes of; The French, The Germans, The Indian, The Scottish, The Irish, The Welsh, The English, People From Cornwall, People From Devon, People From Down The Road, My Family, etc...

Oh, and ginger people.

That was hundreds of years ago.

We won the country the British and us are allies.(For now I assume.)

Get over it.

You won the country because it was on the other side of an ocean. Though I guess that\'s the risk we took when we did it in the first place.

But that\'s no excuse against me calling you lot \'splitters\'.

And its not so much an alliance as Prime Mininster after Prime Minister sucking up to Presidents.

You won the country because it was on the other side of an ocean. Though I guess that\'s the risk we took when we did it in the first place.

And its not so much an alliance as Prime Mininster after Prime Minister sucking up to Presidents.

True about the Prime minister thing...

Err splitters?

You guys do have the right to say we have bad schooling though.

I have no problem with that.

(I\'m home schooled now.)

\'Splitter\' is something a lot of left wing political parties call each other. The differences between the are small, but large enough that they form different factions over them. They want to be unitary but they can\'t seem to achieve it, so they get angry at each other.

Skip to 0:45.

CAUTION: SWEARING IN VIDEO

And I\'ll agree with you that America\'s school system doesn\'t seem very good. However, my view on that should be considered wholly irrelavent - it is based on bias and episodes of \'The Simpsons\'.

I\'m pretty sure the British invented the internet.

I talked to my Dad about this. The Department Of Defense, yes Americans, invented Internetworking, so therefore the Internet. That\'s computers talking to each other. The Internet is how you send eMails. The British invented the World Wide Web, which is where you get the \'www.\' part of a site address from. Without that, you would not be looking at this Forum.

I talked to my Dad about this. The Department Of Defense, yes Americans, invented Internetworking, so therefore the Internet. That\'s computers talking to each other. The Internet is how you send eMails. The British invented the World Wide Web, which is where you get the \'www.\' part of a site address from. Without that, you would not be looking at this Forum.

Yeah, I was just reading up on it. So it was a joint effort but it was mostly this guy that allowed for the internet we know and love today.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.