Warning Rant. Americans and stereotypes.

bandit4910

I am tired of people thinking 90% of our population is some fat no life looser.

Yeah, there are some fat people that\'s about 50% of our population.

I\'m not fat. Say if someone where saying this about your country and it wasn\'t true what would you do?

Rage. If all Americans are fat no lifes how did we create the internet?

How did we get too the moon?

How did we manage to get more spacecraft then I can list into space?

I am tired of people thinking 90% of our population is some fat no life looser.

Yeah, there are some fat people that\'s about 50% of our population.

I\'m not fat. Say if someone where saying this about your country and it wasn\'t true what would you do?

How did we get too the moon?

How did we manage to get more spacecraft then I can list into space?

Times have changed considerably since the space program was actually publicly successful.

As far as stereotypes, they\'re not exactly that far off the mark, and that\'s where stereotypes come from in the first place. Enough people fit the stereotype to promote it, and promote it they do. The most vocal part of any group is never going to be fully representative, and in the US, the vocal minority is very vocal and not exactly a very small minority.

I actually find the American stereotype is more of just a fat idiot;

Just over 1/3 of the American population is obese, although illiteracy rates are only 1%, so Obesity is a problem, although illiteracy isn\'t.

Then again, idiocy is not directly linked to illiteracy...

Well, these stereotypes generated around 90s-95s, after landing on Moon and after making internet.

Think again on the internet quote.

My god, you\'re right. How, if all Americans are fat idiots, did a British man working in Switzerland invent the internet?

Here\'s a stereotype for you; taking credit for other people\'s achievements.

well i was in america last year (orlando, stereo typical tourist\'s ;P ) didnt see to many fat people. but those that were fat, god they had their own gravitational fields. and yet, a stero typical englishman from many americans (still) is as follows: lives on an estate, sits and has tea and crumpets, and a butler. i was rageing when i head that they will be showing downton abby in america, as that would re-inforce the sterotype. so as long as most americans belive in the english steroype, i still belive in the american sterotype.

my 2 pennys.

My god, you\'re right. How, if all Americans are fat idiots, did a British man working in Switzerland invent the internet?

Here\'s a stereotype for you; taking credit for other people\'s achievements.

I\'m not taking credit, the US millitary created the internet as far as I\'ve heard.

I\'m slightly overweight, and every time a european tourist comes along, be it a child or a fully grown, developed, mature man, all I hear is 'Wow, the stereo-types are true! Fatass!' or 'Lard-man!' Of course, then, I call the police for harassment. Then thay usually ask 'What?', and I respond 'Freedom of speech. And, seeing as you\'re not an american citizen, you don\'t have that freedom. Deal with it.'

I\'m slightly overweight, and every time a european tourist comes along, be it a child or a fully grown, developed, mature man, all I hear is 'Wow, the stereo-types are true! Fatass!' or 'Lard-man!' Of course, then, I call the police for harassment. Then thay usually ask 'What?', and I respond 'Freedom of speech. And, seeing as you\'re not an american citizen, you don\'t have that freedom. Deal with it.'

im overweight, but im British. though people from america get a shock when they come here and find we are just like them, but speak ENGLISH and the weather is worse. i personally love that last bit.

Edit:

I thought it more followed this;

totalbiscuit-logo.jpg

yes, that. but that is usually associated with what i said before.

The US military helped fund the creation of the internet , but it was mainly people in europe who actually made it.

Depends on what you consider internet if it\'s the world wide web then it was the British but if you mean an interconnected system of computer then the US military developed that back in the 60\'s

Anyway us Americans are the ones who caused these stereotypes by being ignorant, obese, and constantly bringing up how we save your butts in yada yada yada. Of course this doesn\'t apply to everyone but these people are usually the most vocal about it.

With all the crap I give the world about pronouncing the word Aluminum, I guess they can call me fat. ;D

British Al-lu-min-ee-um

American A-lu-mi-num

I think Americans should stop claiming to speak English and say they speak American since its almost a different dilect.

I think Americans should stop claiming to speak English and say they speak American since its almost a different dilect.

It\'s annoying when something claims to be set to English, such websites or spellcheck, when it\'s really american English and everything is spelled wrong and it thinks that you\'re spelling things wrong.

For example, chrome thinks that I spell 'colour' wrong and wants me to spell it 'color'.

It\'s annoying when something claims to be set to English, such websites or spellcheck, when it\'s really american English and everything is spelled wrong and it thinks that you\'re spelling things wrong.

For example, chrome thinks that I spell 'colour' wrong and wants me to spell it 'color'.

Hah. Mine doesn\'t. Go on Spell-Checker options on right click, and choose English (UK). That\'s the Chrome way, anyhoo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.