[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Hi all,

I\'ve just updated the mapper with an important fix, crashing on pause, or to be specific, unpause, should now be fixed.

I\'m sorry for the lack of updates or communication on the forum. Stuff in \'real\' life...

I\'m still working on new features ad improvements and dabbling with 2 more mod idea\'s, it\'s just going very slow atm but I felt that this fix could not wait that long though so a little intermediate update was in order.

I will backtrack the message on the forum soon, I\'m still overwhelmed at how it grows, thanks everyone for your interest in the mod.

-Innsewerants

I look forward to use it on Igel IV my ULO-Probe arround the Mun ;D

Just how LOW is 'Ultra-Low' to you? I managed to get a 'Commrelay' into a 2.5KM orbit of the Mun that actually lasted quite a while, until eventually gravity took over and it now exists as isolated pieces of debris on the Mun.

I just down loaded this plug-in today and I have to say it\'s fantastic. I\'ve got a survey satellite in low orbit around the moon as I post this.

I\'ll upload a .csv later, but for now here\'s some screens of the survey mission.

vr5PT.jpg

XM0To.jpg

Z3wpl.jpg

Las37.jpg

xha81.png

I\'ll upload a .csv later, but for now here\'s some screens of the survey mission.

You don\'t need to be that low. Anything below 200,000m will work. The higher you are the more spread you get on the mapping beam, also.

You don\'t need to be that low. Anything below 200,000m will work. The higher you are the more spread you get on the mapping beam, also.

Oh wow,

I\'ve just spent the past hour or so in a 3.6-4.0km polar orbit. I\'ve read most of this thread but I\'m still unsure of something.

What happens to the data file if you quit KSP and reload your game, does it pick up where you left of or start over ?

I left my game running for around 4 hours last night and only got a limited results. The images below show a generated map and my orbital information. I think my satellite may of gone over ground it had already scanned a few times.

I was wondering what the optimal orbit inclination would be ?

.CSV attached also.

Here\'s some results and info:

Vgj9t.png

y1mCY.png

What level of time compression where you running at?, if it was at 1x that what you got is probably right.

Are you using the most recent update? It gives you a wider scan area which speeds things up a bit as well.

Yeah I have the latest update and I\'ve been running at 1x warp at around 12km. I really want a high resolution/detailed scan but I\'m unsure of how high I can go before losing too much detail.

Viewer Application! :( I want to do this so bad.

Well, feel free to grab the plugin and collect some data. Maybe you can be my Mac guinea-pig. I\'ll send you a mac build of a mapping app I\'m (still) working on in a few days and you can tell me if it works.

For the guy with the incomplete map - go a bit higher. 30km or so. And change inclination to 86 or so.

I used this for the first time last night. Watched over it for several hours and all looked good. Hadn\'t touched a thing the whole time. Went to bed and woke up, anxious to see what happened - my ship crashed not 20 minutes after I turned off my monitor and went to bed. Go figure. It\'s like those little Kerbals knew exactly when to crash.

Just to check to see if other people are getting similar results: I run most o my Kerbin MapSats at around 70km as close to 90deg orbits as i can get without too much fiddling around. Running at 10x time compression i get about 25% corrupt data on the x-axis readings, either above 180 or below -180. Anyone else seeing anything similar?

I am running the same sat at 5x compression right now to see if i get the same results.