[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Just downloaded this and started using it. The mod runs fine and all the parts work, but when I get up into orbit and start mapping the map screen itself doesn't show the progress for the ISA and Polar views, instead it just shows what I'm guessing is that unit of the map and then refreshes to the next piece and so on. But on Biome view it shows the 'snake' progress through as the satellite orbits around.

Thoughts on how to fix it so ISA and polar are operational?

That's the Kraken eating the maps and turning them into several pixel large question marks. Just open the plugin data folder and delete the broken maps. And make backups when you got a good map so that you'll not have to remap it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just discovered the game a few weeks ago and I'm having so much fun with the career mode. Exept for one thing... ISA MapSat isn't working x)

On my map, it looks like kerbin (or anything else) is not being scanned. Instead of the map, I have a big question mark. Here's a screen : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/18/1398897637-bug.png

I really hope you guys can help me.

Thanks a lot,

Haldir.

Hi everyone, I just discovered the game a few weeks ago and I'm having so much fun with the career mode. Exept for one thing... ISA MapSat isn't working x)

On my map, it looks like kerbin (or anything else) is not being scanned. Instead of the map, I have a big question mark. Here's a screen : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/18/1398897637-bug.png

I really hope you guys can help me.

Thanks a lot,

Haldir.

Hi (and welcome to the forum :)).

That issue with ISA MapSat is well known, but can't be cured without a bugfix (that only this mod author may legitly make). I found some facts about it (with this mod blog 2nd page), in short the biome map works, but not the other two (files for those are saved as *ISA__topo.png and *_polar_topo.png, * stands for the planet scanned). What you have in your image is a generic background that is drawn, but normally is hidden behind the content of those files. If the mod gets "confused" about something (e.g. the satellite position doesn't match with the map) it seems it can't correctly reference where to put what is scanned in those files, and overwrites them with just what is being scanned at the moment. It should return to work by deleting those two files.

Please know about SCANsat, however. Has the same basic features of this mod, and more (plus, it is maintained).

Hi again, and thanks for the answer !

I managed to make it work by deleting all the mod files and reinstalling it.

And thanks for proposing me the second one, I'll try it out right now.

• 2 weeks later...

hey man, i loved it, one of the first "functional" mods i installed (the others are mostly cosmetic stuff) and really adds a lot of depth, can't wait to see what those misterious anomalies are (i started playing 2 days ago XD ). if i can make one request, seriously, being able to do something else while your probe is mapping would be great, i wonder if this isn't possible at all because of how the game works or is it something you are planning on add someday, bye and keep the great work :)

This mod is no longer being actively maintained. There is a similar mod called SCANSat that has fewer issues in 23.5 (as it was designed for .23). It also has the capability of scanning at rather high timewarp, and even when the satellite is not the focused vessel, providing you have any SCANSat part on the focused vessel. It's been linked in this thread before.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Based on the general lack of activity for several months, as well as the fact that Innsewerants himself hasn't posted on these forums in quite a long while, I'm going to say that this mod is most likely dead, and therefore I'll be locking this thread to keep people from bumping it back up. Should Innsewerants show up and wish to resume development, he can feel free to send a message to the moderation team and request the thread be reopened.