[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

I want to make my own biome maps of Minimus!

Pretty please with sugar on top, can this mod be made .23-compatible?

Its compatible, but were is no bioms of Minmus at all. I scan Mun and Kerbin in 0.23 for bioms OK, but cant scan any bioms of minmus at all ((((

For compatible you need to do some changes inside "part" files of details.

Its compatible, but were is no biomEs of Minmus at all. I scan Mun and Kerbin in 0.23 for biomEs OK, but cant scan any biomEs of minmus at all ((((

Darn, I've been looking for a good map of Minmus. The wiki lists the names of them but not the locations like it does for the Mun. You can guess from the names but the map is super handy.

You should be able to edit the cfg file to allow it's use in the career mode, that is, if it's compatible with .23 at all.
Its compatible, but were is no bioms of Minmus at all. I scan Mun and Kerbin in 0.23 for bioms OK, but cant scan any bioms of minmus at all ((((

Anyone knows or has any clues as to what to edit and what to write in it so we can have GPS and scan minmus for biomes?

Latest build caused massive memory leak in my ksp 0.23. Every time I clicked to revert flight, the memory did not flush properly thus accumulating until game crash. I'm not sure if this happens in older versions since this is the first I'm trying.

With ISA MapSat

1st Launch ~ 2800 MB

2nd Launch ~ 3200 MB

3rd Launch ~ 3750 MB Crash

Without

1st Launch ~ 2100 MB

2nd Launch ~ 2100 MB

Long dead? It's only been a month. Chill off, the guy will be back... Also, Scansat does have topography capability, so...

Your right, I'm sorry, that was a little harsh. I just get excited about these cools mods and get disapponted later. I think that is why so many modded a leave, people get impatient and rude (As I have just demonstrated) I apologize for that. :(

Any News from the ISA MapSat-front? I read in the changelog of the Devbuild 2 :

-GPS part temporarily disabled.

That sounds not good to me - the GPS part was the most important thing for me - i used this on all of my rovers to find anomalies. Without this part i can not do this... If I should wait for version 3 of the Devbuild, then i can not play for the next months, i think. Because Innsewerants updatet his Mod in really long intervalls...

I will try to use Scansat, but the Anomalieplaces are there not really exact i have heard...

Edit:

I have tryed to use the Devbuild Version X4r1 now with 0.23 and it semms to work yet nice! :)

Edited by KnutG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else not able to get mapset as a usable part in career mode? It keeps telling me the part requires an entry purchase in R&D, which I've done three times, and there are three duplicates of it shown in that part of the tech tree now. But I still can't build with it. This is the only modded part that I've had this issue with.

This mod is no longer being maintained. It has been replaced with This Mod.

Please speak for yourself. Even though there haven't been any updates for quite some time, build X4r2 still works just fine for me in sandbox, and in any event I would hardly call SCANSat a 'replacement'.

:)

Please speak for yourself. Even though there haven't been any updates for quite some time, build X4r2 still works just fine for me in sandbox, and in any event I would hardly call SCANSat a 'replacement'.

:)

Please speak for yourself lol and it does better then replace it for me, build x4r2 didn't work for me if, I wanted more then 1 sat up try to launch 2 and bad lag take 20 to 30 min to get to space or just lockup and big memory hog, I guess if you run just stock it would work maybe.

EDIT Well said LawnDartLeo

Edited by Mecripp2

scan sat uses a fratction of the ram mapsat does so its well worth it

The above statement is hereby, bumped...800megs of RAM Mapsat uses...it also has 2 other errors:

1) Cant see Kerbs in their chairs

2) Science node lines dissappear after a while

Tryin scansat now ...

cdr Zeta

• 3 weeks later...

Just downloaded this and started using it. The mod runs fine and all the parts work, but when I get up into orbit and start mapping the map screen itself doesn't show the progress for the ISA and Polar views, instead it just shows what I'm guessing is that unit of the map and then refreshes to the next piece and so on. But on Biome view it shows the 'snake' progress through as the satellite orbits around.

Thoughts on how to fix it so ISA and polar are operational?

Just downloaded this and started using it. The mod runs fine and all the parts work, but when I get up into orbit and start mapping the map screen itself doesn't show the progress for the ISA and Polar views, instead it just shows what I'm guessing is that unit of the map and then refreshes to the next piece and so on. But on Biome view it shows the 'snake' progress through as the satellite orbits around.

Thoughts on how to fix it so ISA and polar are operational?

I received the same issue. I like Mapsat a lot but I think I will try Scansat. If there is an update for this I would love to see it.