[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Thank you all for the answers; I'll try some Munar landings to see if I've got the translations down for now, but those future features sound lovely for my old-man-maths-bad head!

I love the mod, but I keep running into the problem that I usually can't stop the mapping system, which causes a lot of lag on take off. Can anybody help?

I love the mod, but I keep running into the problem that I usually can't stop the mapping system, which causes a lot of lag on take off. Can anybody help?

It's possible my exclusion of some scanning functions when scanning is turned of is faulty in 3.3.4, I'm not entirely sure as I haven't worked on 3.x code in ages after deciding to switch to a new source for the next version, if so, my apologies I'm trying not to get distracted fixing the old version instead of finishing the next one.

The anomaly scanning has been rewritten in my dev version and this bug doesn't apply any more in that.

Bottom left of the launchpad screen, you'll see a button with a drafting compass on it. Click that, then click the button on the panel that appears next marked "Map Drawing - On". That will toggle it off.

What button? I don't see a button.

Hey ISW -- I know it's probably low priority compared to redoing the underlying code... but is there any way you could come up with some new mapping dishes? The current one is pretty cool -- the tracking animation especially -- but it's awfully large and difficult to mount on a probe. Maybe some smaller dishes? Or maybe having the mapping ability be a module that can be added to any given part?

Glad to hear you're messing around with MapSat again, by the way!

It looks like you have the GPS unit, and not the MapSat mapper dish, installed. The button only shows up with the dish....

Turns out that I shouldn't be attaching both GPS and a dish to a craft, and attaching a GPS after attaching a dish gives you GPS controls rather than dish controls.

You need to open up your hilo.dat and add the line Eeloo;-500;3500 to the end. I use Notepad++ since I think notepad screws up the carriage returns.

Thanks for that Unistrut.

I have had a similar issue with mapsat mapping Eeloo as completly white and the altitudes listed as 0 and 0. Checking the Hilo.dat in Wordpad there was no entry for Eeloo so I have made the change you sugested.

I am running KSP V 0.19.1.54 and mapsat V 3.3.4. I had ended the flight of the satellite that was mapping Eeloo, I will send another and see if the change has had any affect

I can confirm that this worked for me. I did delete the false map files before remaping, I dont know what would happen if I left them but it seemed logical to remove them first.

Thanks for all the advice :D

Edited by Mick2
edited for completeness !

Hey, your KSP link isn't working for me, having to use mirror. IE9, win 7 64bit.

Love the mod!

Lost all my old maps in a raid 0 crash, time to start again lol

What does it look like? I installed this and can't find it from the parts :(

I installed this plugin, but I can't find the parts from list. What does they look like and where can I find them? There were nothing in Science section...

Edited by Navy4422

My buddy just tried to install the mod. He modified the category so it shows up in Science tab now, but he doesn't have the compass button even with the dish and only the dish installed. Any thoughts? Funny how the game can see the part in the VAB and when in flight, but doesn't have any functionality without that button.

My buddy just tried to install the mod. He modified the category so it shows up in Science tab now, but he doesn't have the compass button even with the dish and only the dish installed. Any thoughts? Funny how the game can see the part in the VAB and when in flight, but doesn't have any functionality without that button.

Possibly the mod is not completly installed correctly.It sounds like he has the parts in the correct game directory (and knows how to edit them so they show up in a different place ingame).

To me is sounds like he is missing the ISA_mapsat.dll file. The .dll file should be placed in the "game directory/Plugins" folder.

ie: game directory/Plugins/IsaMapsat.dll

There should also be a directory for the data collected (plugindata). The "PluginData" folder should be placed in the "game directory/Plugindata/ folder.

ie: game directory/Plugindata/IsaMapsat/hilo.dat (and mapgen files)

I think if the mapsat button is missing from your flights then its the dll file thats missing.I think if your maps are being created as all white then its the hilo file thats missing.

I could be wrong but that's what I'de try .. if it makes sense.

Is this the map your after ?

exactly what I wanted thank you much

I have noticed that the scanner still works when there is no power left in batteries. Would it be possible to fix that?

Well this mod was started before the resources were available and wasn't written to support them but Innsewerants has said people have requested it so he'll look into it.

I want to simply make sure I'm not doing something wrong here.

So is it correct that this only does mapping while I have the ship equipped with the mapping dish active?

If so, what are the possibilities of changing this. I sure would like to be doing other stuff, like building and launching other ships, while my satellites continue mapping whatever body they're orbiting. Having to sit there and watch the satellite do it's mapping is pretty tedious.

Still, very cool add-on, and thanks! =]

Well I don't think the game as currently designed would allow that. Anything further away than 2.5k unloads the ships model and puts it on rails.

Not if you use any of Razor's Parts/Plugins. That allows you to set it to "far" which is 95 km.