[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

I think I might have found a bug.

I imported my old save from 0.19 to 0.20 and tried an old mapping probe I had orbitting Moho. (Which was launched with the old version of the addon.) It's in a circular orbit at 65 km. Every map update interval, it only draws one single scanline to the map, no matter what resolution I set it to. But if I accelerate time, I get full, filled in stretches of terrain drawn. If I increase time acceleration more an more, scanlines start to show up again, as expected.

I tried my old Eve orbiter, too, and it shows no such problem.

My laptop is really slow and old, but still, that behaviour seems unexpected, right? I don't have hyperedit installed, and don't really feel like launching another probe to Moho right now, so I'm sorry to say I can't really test it as cleanly as I should.

Mods installed: RemoteTech, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Deadly Reentry, Kerbal Engineer, Mechjeb2, Subassembly Loader.

I think I might have found a bug.

I imported my old save from 0.19 to 0.20 and tried an old mapping probe I had orbitting Moho. (Which was launched with the old version of the addon.) It's in a circular orbit at 65 km. Every map update interval, it only draws one single scanline to the map, no matter what resolution I set it to. But if I accelerate time, I get full, filled in stretches of terrain drawn. If I increase time acceleration more an more, scanlines start to show up again, as expected.

I tried my old Eve orbiter, too, and it shows no such problem.

My laptop is really slow and old, but still, that behaviour seems unexpected, right? I don't have hyperedit installed, and don't really feel like launching another probe to Moho right now, so I'm sorry to say I can't really test it as cleanly as I should.

Mods installed: RemoteTech, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Deadly Reentry, Kerbal Engineer, Mechjeb2, Subassembly Loader.

Are you sure it's not just that you're moving very slowly compared to the ground? 1 pixel in y on kerbin represents 1.84 km on the 2048x1024 maps. It might take a while if you are going very slowly compared to the ground for it to move enough to scan something that's represented by another pixel. It would explain why timewarp works.

Using old saves should be fine as long as it's fine with ksp itself. You can easily check this having the POS marker on and zooming in on it fully.

Hi Innsewerants, forgot to thank you for this great addon! :)

Here is a crop from a Moho polar map showing the problem. I started at the bottom left without timewarp and got only single lines each time the map updated. North of that at 5x timewarp everything was fine. Switched timewarp off again (gap), the cycled to a timewarp too high up to the northpole, leading to expected scanline gaps. Above the pole, there's a (blue/green) section without timewarp again, with a strip in the middle where I engaged timewarp again for two map updates.

NKq6nPP.png

Edit/PS: Here's a full ISA map of this. http://i.imgur.com/IOainR5.png

In think the map was updated in the display at the same interval, timewarp or not. But without timewarp only one line appeared, with higher timewarp the full distance since the last update was filled.

I also sent up a fresh Kerbin probe and the problem didn't appear. More than one pixel-line was filled each update without timewarp, so the problem would have been visible, but didn't appear.

I also have visual problems with the dish in .20, every other polygon seems to be differently shaded, but that might be because I have the textures set at half the resolution. Here's a screenshot:

KkBr9H7.png

Edited by Lexif
Added another picture

I am unable to even get it to work! Am I putting files in the wrong place or something?

be a bit more specific. are the parts not showing? the button not showing?

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for this fantastic mod! I just installed it for the first time last night, and it has completely changed my approach to my space program! Thank you for your time, effort, and an amazing contribution to the community. Keep up the great work!

Thanks again,

-George

be a bit more specific. are the parts not showing? the button not showing?

Can't speak for austin, but it's not working for me either. With 4.0 the parts show up, but I get no button or GUI. If I mouseover where the button -should be- and hit exactly the right spot, the "ISA MapSat" text pops up, but it's not clickable or anything.

also using Also using protractor 2.5.2, kerbal engineer redux 0.6.0.3, crew manifest 0.5.2.0 and mechjeb 1.9.8 & 2.0.8.0. No other mods.

Can't speak for austin, but it's not working for me either. With 4.0 the parts show up, but I get no button or GUI. If I mouseover where the button -should be- and hit exactly the right spot, the "ISA MapSat" text pops up, but it's not clickable or anything.

also using Also using protractor 2.5.2, kerbal engineer redux 0.6.0.3, crew manifest 0.5.2.0 and mechjeb 1.9.8 & 2.0.8.0. No other mods.

OSX i have no gui button either. Mechjeb 2.0.8 & RemoteTech.

Innsewerants, thank you for this great mod; undoubtedly the greatest mod of all times.

Oh and btw, that devbuild of yours, IT IS SUPER AWESOME. Though I don't like the buttons much, that's my own problem. And I have had not a single problem with it yet.

A little request though, could you make overlays for you maps? Like an ISArithmic (lol!), a map showing acclivity which would be usefull to choose a place to build a base, an option that shows the vertical exaggeration between two points would be impressive, and it would be usefull to find a place to start an interplanetary airport, with a flat piece of land as airstrip and a mountainless approach, preferably around the equator and parallel to it. I guess it might be within the scope of the project, at least I hope so.

Edited by MennoLente

Notice

I have been working on a new Mapsat for a while as many might be aware, .........

I have launch three satellites with ISA radar,they are all about 60Km high.I want to know when I am in the map view,are all of the three satellites mapping?

I have launch three satellites with ISA radar,they are all about 60Km high.I want to know when I am in the map view,are all of the three satellites mapping?

Nope. Only the one you currently control can map. Everything else is "on rails".

I know it's still a dev build, but I haven't seen anyone else mention this (I might have missed it): I notice a large FPS drop when roving around on a planet (with the GPS part installed) and turn on Anomalies. With Anomalies turned off the FPS drop disappears. What's more, the FPS drop seems more pronounced the farther I zoom in the map.

OSX i have no gui button either. Mechjeb 2.0.8 & RemoteTech.

No gui button here either, I'm not using RemoteTech, but i do have MechJeb 2.0.8 and and a Kethane Scanner on my probe. Running Windows 7. I completely removed all traces of the old ISA Mapsat mod and installed the dev build in the gamedata folder the same way my other 0.20 mods are.

I noticed when I hover my mouse near the bottom where the map button should be, it still shows tooltip text that says "ISA MapSat", but when I click it, an empty GUI comes up with no buttons, and the map does not render. This happens with both new launches and exiting probes that I already had orbiting from the old version of the mod. The only thing I haven't tried yet is creating a completely fresh save to test this in.

Here's a screenshot showing the issue:

http://i.imgur.com/NrGk52O.jpg

No gui button here either, I'm not using RemoteTech, but i do have MechJeb 2.0.8 and and a Kethane Scanner on my probe. Running Windows 7. I completely removed all traces of the old ISA Mapsat mod and installed the dev build in the gamedata folder the same way my other 0.20 mods are.

I noticed when I hover my mouse near the bottom where the map button should be, it still shows tooltip text that says "ISA MapSat", but when I click it, an empty GUI comes up with no buttons, and the map does not render. This happens with both new launches and exiting probes that I already had orbiting from the old version of the mod. The only thing I haven't tried yet is creating a completely fresh save to test this in.

Here's a screenshot showing the issue:

http://i.imgur.com/NrGk52O.jpg

Yes, that's the same exact issue I'm having (though I struggled to even get the GUI to open, just the tooltip)

Is anyone able to get this to work who is running MechJeb? I can't really test without MJ because that part is installed on pretty much every ship in my fleet and VAB.

Works fine with mechjeb. There's a post somewhere further back in the thread (if I recall correctly) with some info about missing icons. Have a quick look where you have it all installed, should be in a subfolder of gamedata.

Have a quick look where you have it all installed, should be in a subfolder of gamedata.

For reference, it works for me with this directory structure in Win7:

kknlsTc.png

Thought about case sensitive operating systems like OSX and Linux, but I think I saw someone with Win7 report the problem as well?

A Fix ( of sorts ) for Low FPS while mapping..

replaced artifacts.dat with a blank file from the zip.... Am now back to mapping the terrain at 30 fps instead of 3 fps. at 50x speed.

may have to re- replaced if Fps slows again, But for now i want the terrain more than the artifacts..

Let me know if it works for you :)

Happy Smoke Trails!

Edited by Grathtarg

For reference, it works for me with this directory structure in Win7:

kknlsTc.png

Thought about case sensitive operating systems like OSX and Linux, but I think I saw someone with Win7 report the problem as well?

I need to check this. I'm using mod manager so it could be a modmanager compatibility issue. If so, could we get a mod manager compatible version? pretty please?

Thats the exact same directory structure I have on mine, and I'm still getting the problem. The only difference might be that I'm running the steam version?

I don't use Steam.

Hey, I got it to work on mine, and yes it appears Mod Manager was the culprit. I disabled it in MM, then manually installed it by copying the entire Innsewerants Space Agency folder to "G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Innsewerants Space Agency\" and now it works fine.

I'm using steam and MechJeb2 on Windows 7 x64

I'm having an issue where if I load any vessel that has ISA, about 3/4 of the time the game locks up completely (program bit responding) and I have to use the task manager to force quit. I'm running Windows 7, have the latest dev build of ISA for .20 installed along with the needy versions if mechjeb, lazer systems and remotetech. I did a fresh install of KSP, so I know there are no old plugins or parts installed.