[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

It would be very good. Advanced Filter requires not very often, and each time have to close. To free up space on the screen (monitor 4:3).

In addition, when you create a custom category (file Categories_FilterbyFunction) somehow does not work filter by part ID (type = name).

Most importantly, in the custom category does not place the parts with category = none, because the whole point of what is lost.

Let me explain: I wanted to create a separate category and move all parts from the mod MKS and several others to unload cluttered stock category "Utility". It is logical that it takes to make a fix as "@PART [MK3_Akademy] {@category = none}, so that they no longer appear in the categories of utility, structural e.t.c.

Edited by Helmut

Hi

thanks for your mod, it's awesome, specially with lot of mods. Could you add just one option ?

I would like to hide parts I don't buy in research nodes. (In moderate, you have to research tech nodes, and to buy parts in each node to use them, unless they are in grey in VAB/SPH)

Dunno if it's possible

Thanks a lot

Is it possible, in principle, the creation of full-featured user categories?

For example, cfg specify:

name = newcategory

title = My Custom Category

icon = smile.png

And if cfg any part write "category = newcategory", it is automatically placed in the right category?

Given that the number of mods becomes much, and many of them are worthy of installation, such events would have been very relevant and promising.

And if cfg any part write "category = newcategory", it is automatically placed in the right category?

You cannot do it from a part unless I add support for PartModule based filtering. This is because parts don't store the string "category = blah", Squad instead converts it to an an enumeration (basically an integer ID) and anything other than their predefined categories looks like "category = none". PartModule filtering sounds like a great idea but will take a bit of work to implement (and this is the very first time I've thought of it so...)

On the other hand, the whole idea of the mod is creating completely customisable categories based on standard part parameters. Earlier you were talking about splitting Utility into multiple categories, and there is no reason you can't do that without any changes to parts. The Utility category is defined by this cfg entry here, there's no reason that can't be extended.

eg

SUBCATEGORY
{
name = Utility - Surface Attach
icon = stockIcon_utility

FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = category
value = Utility
}
CHECK
{
type = profile
value = srf
}
}
}
SUBCATEGORY
{
name = Utility - Stack Attach
icon = stockIcon_utility

FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = category
value = Utility
}
CHECK
{
type = profile
value = srf
invert = true
}
}
}

Add the two new Utility subcategories here (using unique numbers...) and you've split Utility into two categories, those parts that can be stack attached, and those parts that can be surface attached (NOTE: there's going to be some crossover with parts that are both surface and stack attachable)

Edited by Crzyrndm

v2.2.2

• [Plugin] Added new options "hideUnpurchased", "setAdvanced", and "debug". Names should be fairly self explanatory
  • [Plugin] Fixed a typo causing the settings file to not load correctly
  • Kerbas_ad_astra: [Configs] Replacement of stock "Filter by Cross-section" category supporting many profiles from other mods

Edited by Crzyrndm

So like 40 posts ago or so, someone DDS'd the icons for Filter Extensions and found out that some don't/won't work. Is there an appreciable difference in memory usage, or speed or performance from trying to find a way to get DDS icons to work with this?

Wow thanks a lot for accepting my request :)

Simple, useful suggestion, ofcourse I'd take 5 minutes to add it ;)

So like 40 posts ago or so, someone DDS'd the icons for Filter Extensions and found out that some don't/won't work. Is there an appreciable difference in memory usage, or speed or performance from trying to find a way to get DDS icons to work with this?

Not really. Memory impact was negligible to the point of insignificant in my testing for memory leaks (I had more variation of startup usage than that added by the icons) and the time to load the icons is just about nothing, and I can almost guarantee the issue is down to stock DDS Loading setting the textures to be unreadable which I can't get around without something like DDS Loader (Squad plz fix...)

Awesome mod! I was using it for some time, but now I encountered an issue:

Kerbal Inventory System inline storage doesn't show up in the utility. Only the inline one. It is still visible through "Filter by manufacturer", but not visible through "Filter by function". I modified the config quite a lot, so here is the download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!wEoWQBSL!BxQw4K7Q998gxL8JwOYv6CxDYzbo7oNm_9NYzsleW2o

Also, It may have something to do with other configs. I still use ones from pre-previous version (when they weren't separated from the mod folder).

I hope I've include everything for you to understand and reproduce this behaviour.

Awesome mod! I was using it for some time, but now I encountered an issue:

In a stock + KIS installation using that utility definition, the container shows up just fine (7th item when sorting by name). Could you upload a log please

Hello! I'm using the latest version of the mod from GitHub, and it seems that the TweakScale compatibility is a little broken. For stock and nonstock parts (stock batteries, Karbonite tanks) there seem to be many parts which only contribute their original capacity to the weldment, instead of the increased capacity if they'd been made larger. I think this can be fixed on a per case basis by editing the resulting cfg file, where the capacities are all the way at the end of the file, at least in the ones I looked at.

In a stock + KIS installation using that utility definition, the container shows up just fine (7th item when sorting by name). Could you upload a log please

No, I managed to get it to work. In the version 2.1.2 there was this config:

@SUBCATEGORY[Utility]:FOR[FilterExtension]{
@FILTER,0
{
CHECK
{
type = moduleName
value = ModuleKISItem
invert = true
}
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKISItem]]:FOR[FilterExtension]
{
@category = Utility
}

KIS inline storage has ModuleKISItem. Deleting that config solved the issue.

It would be awesome if you noted things like that in changelog, so people could transport configs from version to version without any issues.

Thank you for quick reply and Filter Extensions mod, it's just amazing.

That whole folder (IIRC, there was one for RealChute and IR as well) can be deleted now, part visibility is determined differently since 2.1.0.

I'll make sure to make better notes in future ;)