[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

43 minutes ago, Crzyrndm said:

After 1.1, FE features are going to be heavily re-evaluated with changes really depending on how much KSP changes. I would like to bring back the removal functionality, but only if I can make a more stable implementation (and if it does come back, it will be much more tightly controlled...)

Well, I would hope )
By the way, the filter 'type = name' still works strange. With some mods works, with some - not.

You are using the actual part name field (name = "   " in the .cfg), not the ingame title? Also name type is an exact match, it'll only pick up one part. The title type uses the ingame name and works on partial matches so it may be more suited to what you're doing.

Edited by Crzyrndm

Yes, of course, I'm talking about the part name.

Filter 'type = title' works fine. And 'type = name' and 'type = moduleName' work well with stock parts, but the mods works with 50%. In 50% of cases ordinarily ignore the target. I have found no relation. But most of the parts available to me, I was able to move only a 'type = title', other methods have not worked. Although, when you want to move only one item, it would be logical to specify a name. Otherwise you have to write additional filters to eliminate unnecessary details that match the title.

Edited by Helmut

Ok. I recheck on a clean game. FilterExtension is installed "from the box". Other mods are tested in rotation. For example:

USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (0.31.12)
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588

File MK3_Akademy.cfg. Part name = MK3_Akademy. Filter 'type = name; value = MK3_Akademy' does not work to remove from the category of "Science" with 'invert = true'. And it does not work to adding to the category  "Engines" (or other). Filter 'type = title; value = UKS Training Akademy' works fine.

Most of the other parts in this mod works similarly. In other mods too.

It is not a conflict of filters. If you remove all filters and categories from FilterExtension (that's what I did, then to do as I like), the result will be exactly the same.

PS: bug with filter 'type = moduleName' is not found now, maybe it was in the old versionOr I do not remember where I saw it. If I see one more time - I say.

Edited by Helmut

On 13.1.2016 at 9:32 PM, Helmut said:

Yeah, I really wanted to do it. As a result, I have just downloaded the source of USI_Tools, KIS and InfernalRobotics mods and removed the function that creates subcategories 'Robotic Parts', 'Eva Items', 'Freight' and 'Kolonization'.

But it is very bad and inconvenient way. It would be nice to do it somehow easier.

If you need ithere my edited USITools.dll v0.5.4 without creating unnecessary categories 'Freight', 'Kolonization', 'Rover' e.t.c. Do not forget to fix the parts cfg 'category = none' to something else.

really nice thx!!

I think I found your issue with the names @Helmut. If I'm right, every part which it doesn't work for has underscores in its name field (KSP pulled a fast one and did a little extra processing I didn't notice...). Any parts that failed that don't have underscores?

PS

It should work if you replace underscores with a period in the check. eg. Mk3.Akademy

Edited by Crzyrndm

Yes, it looks like the truth. But the replacement names in cfg can be a problem. Some of the names are used in several cfg (as a function of checking other mods, for example). If they are many, will not be easy to track each.

In addition, if moduleName fails for the same reason, then there is nothing to do.

Edited by Helmut

Thank you. I download and try to do it all over again. If there are problems, I will write.

PS: By the way, the removal of categories created by other mods, it may be less necessary if the FilterExtensions will be able to manage the contents of them. Depending on what is easier to do.

PPS: Although the replacement space on the '?' It has long been used, probably also the exchange underscores not cause new inconveniences. In any case, thank you.

Edited by Helmut

• 3 weeks later...

For the past couple of weeks I've been getting crashes on startup when it loads the icons.  I've described the issue and posted logs HERE.  

I suspect the issue is either some sort of mod incompatibility, or something got updated in Ubuntu linux that started breaking things.  Because the crash did not happen every time I started KSP (only about 90% of the time eventually) I was unable to properly troubleshoot what, if anything, was causing the problem.  

This morning I decided to see if converting the icons from PNG to DDS would solve the problem, even though I know it had been mentioned earlier in the thread that KSP would not load the icons as DDS.  I used xnconvert to batch convert all the icons, and replaced the PNG files with the DDS ones.  

Imagine my surprise when the game loaded with no problems, and the icons were showing up nearly perfectly (I forgot to flip vertically the first attempt.)  There were only 5 icons that are not displaying correctly; RCS, Hydrogen, Food, Oxygen, and KSPI Radiators.  These all look corrupted, but since I do not know enough about images to figure it out, I will leave that to someone else. :kiss:

Here is a zip of the converted icons in case you want to include them.

On 2/3/2016 at 8:47 PM, armegeddon said:

For the past couple of weeks I've been getting crashes on startup when it loads the icons.  I've described the issue and posted logs HERE.  

I suspect the issue is either some sort of mod incompatibility, or something got updated in Ubuntu linux that started breaking things.  Because the crash did not happen every time I started KSP (only about 90% of the time eventually) I was unable to properly troubleshoot what, if anything, was causing the problem.  

This morning I decided to see if converting the icons from PNG to DDS would solve the problem, even though I know it had been mentioned earlier in the thread that KSP would not load the icons as DDS.  I used xnconvert to batch convert all the icons, and replaced the PNG files with the DDS ones.  

Imagine my surprise when the game loaded with no problems, and the icons were showing up nearly perfectly (I forgot to flip vertically the first attempt.)  There were only 5 icons that are not displaying correctly; RCS, Hydrogen, Food, Oxygen, and KSPI Radiators.  These all look corrupted, but since I do not know enough about images to figure it out, I will leave that to someone else. :kiss:

Here is a zip of the converted icons in case you want to include them.

I was having the same issue, fresh install of ubuntu and ksp, though I had a few issues with ckan. I ended up removing the mod for now and it starts up fine.

I love this mod, but I'm having a hell of a time getting it to work the way I'd like it sometimes.  I know a lot is unknown about ksp 1.1 up overhaul, but do you  think there is a chance a future version might have in game editing, similar to how the stock custom filters work  but where you could select modules or bulkheads or whatever to filter against.

I wouldn't even object to a text box for manually entering it if there was a way to see real-time updates or at least being able to switch out of the vab and switch back for updates.

And being able to manually tag parts with custom bulkheads if the mod maker didn't account for it, in game, wold be amazing.

In the same sense that the filters are fairly general to envelope  multiple mods, it would be very nice to be able to blacklist or Whitelist a specific part into or out of a category even if it doesn't automatically filter it. Sometimes a category works for 99% of parts but just one part can sometimes not work. For example the DERP escape pod ends up automatically being put in categories that don't make any sense but I'm sure make sense at a code level. 

If we ever do get more subcategories, Id love to see bulkhead profiles more intergrated. I know you can now click engage sorting,  but for stuff like fuel tanks,  the size of the tank is always a consideration in addition to the fuel itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Time permitting, I'm planning on having another go at an editing UI once the dust has settled on 1.1 (meaning after all of my mods are fully functional and any new ones are settled in). FE has only one new feature planned for post-1.1 release (a part module for filtering purposes. At this stage I'm thinking I'll just keep it simple and have one field for inclusions and one for exclusions. That'll hopefully make things like adding bulkheads and working with difficult parts easier)

So while we wait, anyone feel like suggesting a mockup UI for editing filters? My previous attempt is here, and quite frankly that UI is a complete mess (even ignoring the lack of polish, the layout just doesn't work for me...).

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.6.4f1_99f88340878d]

KSP.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module KSP.exe at 0023:01141502.

Error occurred at 2016-02-23_174704.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Kait.
46% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [115 MB free].
Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

After an install of KSPI and recommended mods I am crashing randomly at different times and getting this in my crash log. What is this?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2016 at 5:51 PM, Waffle0blu said:

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.6.4f1_99f88340878d]

KSP.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module KSP.exe at 0023:01141502.

Error occurred at 2016-02-23_174704.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Kait.
46% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [115 MB free].
Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

After an install of KSPI and recommended mods I am crashing randomly at different times and getting this in my crash log. What is this?

That seems to be you running out of RAM... Lemme guess, you have 8GB of RAM installed?
You can find many  threads describing ways to optimize RAM usage for KSP here in the forums

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, eberkain said:

So, how exactly do I make this sort TAC items into the Life Support Category?  I tried creating the configs as suggested a ways back in the thread, did not work. 

@CATEGORY[Filter?by?Function]
{
 @SUBCATEGORIES
 {
   list = Life Support 
 }
}

SUBCATEGORY
{
 name = Life Support
 icon = // put something here
 FILTER
 {
   CHECK
   {
     type = path
     value = ThuderAerospace/TacLifeSupport/
   }
 }
}

Should put every part from a default TACLS install in a subcategory called Life Support in Filter by Function

7 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

@CATEGORY[Filter?by?Function]
{
 @SUBCATEGORIES
 {
   list = Life Support 
 }
}

SUBCATEGORY
{
 name = Life Support
 icon = // put something here
 FILTER
 {
   CHECK
   {
     type = path
     value = ThuderAerospace/TacLifeSupport/
   }
 }
}

Should put every part from a default TACLS install in a subcategory called Life Support in Filter by Function

Thanks so much for the help, I copied and pasted this into a new file

GameData/000_FilterExtensions Configs/SubCategories_LifeSuppport.cfg

no effect in-game.   I should clarify that I already have a Life Support button in Filter by Function that has a leaf icon, checking in sandbox, it has all of the Planetary base system wedge parts in that category.  I would like to move the TAC pieces out of Misc and put them into Life Support.    

oh, if you already have a Life Support subcategory that probably wouldn't do anything useful (in fact if it did anything I'd filing a bug report because something isn't working right...)

Moving all TAC parts out of Utility

@PART[*]:HAS[#category[Utility],#manufacturer[Thunder?Aerospace?Corporation]]
{
	@category = none
}

Adding them to the existing Life Support subcategory (note: the bit in the square brackets at the top should match the title of the existing subcat, just with the spaces replaced by '?' characters)

@SUBCATEGORY[Life?Support]
{
  FILTER
  {
    CHECK
    {
      type = manufacturer
      value = Thunder Aerospace Corporation
    }
    CHECK
    {
      type = category
      value = none
    }
  }
}

Edited by Crzyrndm

Kerbal stuff shut down and Github scares the crap out of me since i have no idea what im doing there. Is there an alternative link?

Just need something simple to help me figure out if parts are Stock or not.

Edited by bi99uns

Just now, bi99uns said:

Kerbal stuff shut down and Github scares the crap out of me since i have no idea what im doing there. Is there an alternative link?

Just need something simple to help me figure out if parts are Stock or not.

Stock means it is present in the game in its unmodded form. If it is a mod, it is not stock. You should be able to look at the parts in your game. If the part in question is not one of the ones you see, it is not stock.

As for the alternative link, there's a button at the very top of these forums that says "Get Mods!" This will link you to Curse, the current endorsed way to get mods. You can download them from there, easy-peasy.

Hi, is it possible to make filter for module thing? Like not the module, but the config of module...like some number or something in module in cfg....I really need it to define few parts, because many parts have that module and just some have in module some extra thing which I want filter out...

like I want filter z, in the module of part

MODULE
{
  name = xy

maxTurnRateDPS = z

}

Edited by Toonu