Lander Parts Pack for MK1/MK2 Cans

-ctn-

I download lots of mods to try them out and then delete them when I am bored. This one will NOT be deleted!:D

One question, why does the Radial Fuel Tank require a fuel line?

I guess the fuel crossfeed isn't set up to work without the fuel line, but personally I think making it require a fuel line makes sense. It is just a fuel tank attached radially on a rack.

I download lots of mods to try them out and then delete them when I am bored. This one will NOT be deleted!:D

One question, why does the Radial Fuel Tank require a fuel line?

Yeah, it needs, LF/OX has different fuel flow mechanics. Unless you use something like CrosfeedEnabler, I guess.

I may increase the fuel capacity of the lander tank.

The radial tank, I wasn't quite sure how to NOT need a fuel line. It personally doesn't bug me but if someone could point out what to change in the .cfg file I would happily do so.

Thanks for all the compliments! I appreciate it! If anyone wants to take more screenshots of using the parts, please do! I love seeing them.

I may increase the fuel capacity of the lander tank.

The radial tank, I wasn't quite sure how to NOT need a fuel line. It personally doesn't bug me but if someone could point out what to change in the .cfg file I would happily do so.

Thanks for all the compliments! I appreciate it! If anyone wants to take more screenshots of using the parts, please do! I love seeing them.

It won't be possible to make by means of .cfg files only. But still it is awesome, I'll do some screens with ALCOR capsule soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, as for "gold foil look" and stockalike - the toroidal fuel tank has gold foil texture. Xenon tank also has something similar to foil covering.

I am using ProceduralParts, and I must say their gold foil texture fits very well within the stockalike design.

That engine from the previous post if from RLA. It is clearly modeled after Delta and Orion's Cryogenic Propulsion Stage's engine, don't remember its name.

Edited by sashan

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is great!

Not only adds beauty but also functionality to my two stages landers. Thanks to that recess in the bottom, I can turn one of tanks up side down and use the recess to hide the upper stage engine and make a more compact lander.

Nevertheless, the MK2 tank is not available on career mode for me despite I have complete all tech tree.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a "bug"?

Thank you very much for this mod and congratulation!!!

You can obviously edit which tech, but you need to add the line in green to the part.cfg:

TechRequired = heavyRocketry

cost = 1600

category = FuelTank

subcategory = 0

title = MK2 Lander Tank

manufacturer = KSC Space Museum

description = A fuel tank designed for larger landers. Flat sides make great attachment points for landing legs and other handy and probably necessary parts.

As an aside, basing it on the Mk2 Tank's capacity, I have found that having the Mk1 capacity set at around 75-85% of the half size 1.25m cylindrical stock tank makes it useful for other types of craft too, such as stubby docking craft for crew transfers and Station Scince mod experiments, etc.

• 1 month later...

Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues trying to attach engines to the underside for the Landing Module Resource Tank? I’ve tried monkeying around with the config file and also in KSP but alas no luck. I know in KSP 1.0.2 Squad changed how attachment points work, I’m wondering if that’s the issue I’m running into. It looks good and hope that the dev continues this mod as it fits a nice niche.

• 1 month later...

Invert the direction of the nodes.

node_attach = 0, -0.050327, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1

Here the first three are position, next three are direction vector, and the last is size. Invert the vector by changing the sign before its numbers to opposite.

• 2 months later...
Invert the direction of the nodes.

Here the first three are position, next three are direction vector, and the last is size. Invert the vector by changing the sign before its numbers to opposite.

Can you give a little clarification here? I tried copying this line right into the craft file and still had trouble. Is it just the sign that needs altering or do the values need changing as well?

The original line's numbers are all either 1, 0, or 0.5

Don't copy this line in your craft, but inside the .cfg of the part.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I'm erasing the line

node_attach = 0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

and putting

in instead.

Am I misunderstanding the fix?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.