POLL: What would you like Added/improved?

Which would you choose to be added/improved?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose to be added/improved?

• New planets/star systems
    • Imrpoved water landings
    • More kerbal jobs
    • More space station parts
    • Better/more auto pilot controls
    • More science parts
    • Rebalance admin building
    • Mining Facilities

None of the options provided.

Instrumentation. We need to be able to see what we're doing.

Something equivalent to Kerbal Flight Data. Ideally, we'd get a stockified Raster Prop Monitor​ as well.

It was "if you had to choose one of these" ;)

Got to call mining. In-situ refuelling as an early-ish option allows you to turn the science gain right down (and thus gives reason to explore the whole solar system), because you stop needing massive fuel tanks and nuclear rockets to go places (and come back), and makes things like a Duna base desirable for logistics purposes :)

Although I would also like to see more planets and stars too, if implemented sensibly within the bounds of the game engine. The obvious, if cheesy, option is to 'find' a honking big stargate around the back of Mun that can dial you out to multiple systems. Avoids the need for stock warp drives (no really, I like the 70s tech) and should mean you only have to have 1 system loaded at a time, thus not ballooning the memory footprint - and it's pretty expandable in future without breaking stuff :)

Dream wish list:

* Completely reworked tech-tree

* Meaningful contracts (i.e. not just 'test something somewhere', but why should I do it, not just 'place a satellite' but why... and why should I keep it there)

* Aerodynamics

* Populated Kerbin

* Kerbin TV / Newspapers

* MOAR Rover parts!

I voted for more science parts. An implemententation of scansat would be awesome.

My second would be having a valid reason for having space stations - such as "keep X kerbonauts in orbit of planet Y for Z time"-contracts. Maybe some special parts could be incorporated into this.

Memory usage needs to be adressed in the beta phase as well.

Expanded biomes, like on Kerbin itself...

AFAIK with 0.90 all planets/moons have an expanded set of Biomes.

As for my choice:

More planets/moons

but I´d also love to have the Astronomers Visual Pack integrated into KSP (i.e. Clouds & City lights) and maybe cities for the surface of Kerbin

I dont know how many times i've said this, but Gas Planet 2. though i do want bug fixes, more station/base/science parts to give them a purpose, and a better tech tree.and a new contract system. but ignore all these, just GP2.

With fairings of standars size you are stopping the fun do you know right? And since KSP is a GAME than a simulator wouldn't be good for people who like to make crazy contraptions on top of their rockets

Bug fixes, balance, deltaV display, improved water physics and general game polish/finishing. They wanna say the game is in Beta, and those are the things that should be done in beta... Plus mods can't improve the water or bug fix the game, so I'd consider that high priority.

Really? I'm out of the loop, is that a 64-bit fix, or unloading stuff when you're not actually using it?

apparently, It's going to straighten up the problems with 64 bit.. atleast that's the word on the forum.

apparently, It's going to straighten up the problems with 64 bit.. atleast that's the word on the forum.

Nice. Finally a use for my 32gb of memory (other than supporting Chrome when it decides to just haemorrhage memory for no reason) :) Probably would help if KSP/Unity was a bit more selective about what was loaded though, so's to help people with lower spec systems. Given that it never fluctuates (at least not downwards) it seems likely that the entire game, every model, every texture, is in memory all the time. That's just not necessary! Not even in the VAB; just needs the game to render a few static thumbnails first time you go in there.

Nice. Finally a use for my 32gb of memory (other than supporting Chrome when it decides to just haemorrhage memory for no reason) :) Probably would help if KSP/Unity was a bit more selective about what was loaded though, so's to help people with lower spec systems. Given that it never fluctuates (at least not downwards) it seems likely that the entire game, every model, every texture, is in memory all the time. That's just not necessary! Not even in the VAB; just needs the game to render a few static thumbnails first time you go in there.

Meh, I dunno about the Vab. waiting for each piece to load in when you click it might be annoying.. even if it does only take a second or 2.. lol

Each individual piece should take fractions of a second - you'll never have all of them on one ship (or if you do, you're a bit mental and doing it for the lulz) so it should be fine. That'd be my approach to optimising, anyway. Can't say for sure it would work without proper knowledge of the game code, but based on how it acts and feels, it seems wide open to improvements of this sort :)

Voted more science part. I rather love the science spamming the game offers... But it needs a stock spectrometer or w/e that one is from the interstellar mod.

Most of the stuff on the list is nice tho... A part for safer water landing would be nice (flotation landing legs like on a seaplane?), mining and new planet are a given for everyone (where's my Uranus or Saturn analog?). Not sure we really need new kerbal jobs, new pilot function could be "Hold horizon" = no loss of altitude from flying, only from terrain. Don't use admin building much, and don't care much for station pieces even tho that would be nice

From not in the list : Engineer displaying delta-V (I mean why isn't that in already ? this should be level 1 even before repairing wheels), and most importantly, a stable KSP 64 bits in unity-5 (both of which are beyond squad control for now)

It comes to a tie between improved aerodynamics/hydrodynamics and more/better planets. I am physically incapable of playing KSP without FAR installed, as stock aerodynamics make my head hurt. But... I've been everywhere. Most of the planets look pretty much uniform across their surfaces, so exploration is usually kind of boring. Either of these would be great, though.

What I'd really like to see is more tweakables (stock tweakableEverything, tweakScale, and replacing one fuel type with another (and you won't be able to rescale command pods though, and only unlockable after certain tiers of the R&D are upgraded)).

That would really improve gameplay. But if I was to choose from the poll, I'd pick "new planets".

Edited by NeatCrown

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.