Share your worst encounters with conspiracy theorists

VincentMcConnell

DURRR MEXICANS HAVE POISON TACOS DURRRR

Basically that?

No, not in a death sense, he just absolutely, downright hates Mexicans, and believes every one of them should be jailed or killed before they 'infect the rest of the world'. ???

No, not in a death sense, he just absolutely, downright hates Mexicans, and believes every one of them should be jailed or killed before they 'infect the rest of the world'. ???

I have a friend that believes this too. Its horrible.

I have two. One is funny, the other sad.

A few years ago one of my friends basically ran into my house so excited, he\'s a smart guy generally but completely lost when it comes to the natural sciences. He was so excited because he read that NASA was creating a second sun out of jupiter and found that pretty amazing. He\'d stumbled across a Project Lucifer conspiracy website (in short; the cassini probe was a ploy to nuke jupiter into becoming a 2nd sun, thus scorching half the earth in the initial blast, the perpetrators would be holed up in bunkers and emerge unto a perfect world with 2 suns..) and basically checked out in sci-fi glee after the first paragraph. It was quite the challenge for me to find out what he was actually on about and set him straight.

The other one was when I met a new roommate of a good friend of mine, he was a total nutcase, one of those people that have a shifty look all about them, a slightly sweaty head and that certain \'stare of faith\'. He almost immediately launched into a diatribe about some device with magnets that\'d create infinite power. I challenged him with some pretty basic arguments, after about half an hour of this he pauses, looks at me and spits out this gem: \'ah.. but you\'re one of those people that BELIEVES in thermodynamics! Now I understand why you\'re not open minded.\' I left the house soon after that one. It\'s sad because my good friend is now a total conspiracy nut himself, full on believing in hidden lizards and the end of the world, he\'s seriously looking for a sect somewhere to go live on a farm to escape the end.

I have two. One is funny, the other sad.

A few years ago one of my friends basically ran into my house so excited, he\'s a smart guy generally but completely lost when it comes to the natural sciences. He was so excited because he read that NASA was creating a second sun out of jupiter and found that pretty amazing. He\'d stumbled across a Project Lucifer conspiracy website (in short; the cassini probe was a ploy to nuke jupiter into becoming a 2nd sun, thus scorching half the earth in the initial blast, the perpetrators would be holed up in bunkers and emerge unto a perfect world with 2 suns..) and basically checked out in sci-fi glee after the first paragraph. It was quite the challenge for me to find out what he was actually on about and set him straight.

The other one was when I met a new roommate of a good friend of mine, he was a total nutcase, one of those people that have a shifty look all about them, a slightly sweaty head and that certain \'stare of faith\'. He almost immediately launched into a diatribe about some device with magnets that\'d create infinite power. I challenged him with some pretty basic arguments, after about half an hour of this he pauses, looks at me and spits out this gem: \'ah.. but you\'re one of those people that BELIEVES in thermodynamics! Now I understand why you\'re not open minded.\' I left the house soon after that one. It\'s sad because my good friend is now a total conspiracy nut himself, full on believing in hidden lizards and the end of the world, he\'s seriously looking for a sect somewhere to go live on a farm to escape the end.

I\'d like this one if the forum had an option.

He\'d stumbled across a Project Lucifer conspiracy website (in short; the cassini probe was a ploy to nuke jupiter into becoming a 2nd sun, thus scorching half the earth in the initial blast, the perpetrators would be holed up in bunkers and emerge unto a perfect world with 2 suns..)

Isn\'t that almost exactly the plot from 2010? It\'s even called Lucifer...

Once read a letter in a newspaper that said 'differentiating between moslems and terrorists is like differentiating between good and bad nazis' ???

Funny thing is that there even where few 'good nazis' (well there are far more good moslems of course)

He lives in Sydney and is pretty well known because of his injection into the Moon hoax theory. He came around in the last few years.

Interesting - I have my finger on the pulse and yet I\'ve never heard of him before. I came across an article from the Sydney Morning Herald about him, but it\'s pretty low level stuff.

Global warming deniers get much more air than lunar hoaxers here, but I\'m not sure that\'s in the same category (except to say both rely on a lot of pseudoscience).

Global warming deniers get much more air than lunar hoaxers here, but I\'m not sure that\'s in the same category (except to say both rely on a lot of pseudoscience).

There\'s crazy people on both sides of that argument. There\'s those who believe that we\'re going to warm up so much that all water is going to disappear, and there\'s those who absolutely deny any sort of climate change. I know that there is global warming, but I don\'t believe it\'s going to be an issue, nor does humanity need to freak out about the miniscule carbon emissions we create, compared to a smoldering volcano.

'Is', 'is.' 'is'—the idiocy of the word haunts me. If it were abolished, human thought might begin to make sense. I don\'t know what anything 'is'; I only know how it seems to me at this moment.

— Robert Anton Wilson, The Historical Illuminatus, as spoken by Sigismundo Celine.

Thinking is recommended, believing is best avoided.

Speaking of conspiracies I found this on a Project M video:

Nice send this to a planet to scare the hell out of it\'s inhabitants especially if it blows a fuse! Nice way to start a Galactic War NASA! Totally hilarious how we are being lied to how our money is being spilled on this bullshit. We already know aliens are on the moon and have visited so why send this thing to mars or the moon to look at dirt we? already have?

I have no clue on where to start on why he is wrong on so many levels.

Ever since the guy that get busted by Buzz Adrian was jailed , Jarrah White have become the most outspoken moon landing hoax on the tube,he even go as far to sue a few people quoting his video (which is basically a bunch of video from NASA edited to fit his claims.) to dispute his claim for copyrights violations, makes you wonder how he get all those money.

Ever since the guy that get busted by Buzz Adrian was jailed , Jarrah White have become the most outspoken moon landing hoax on the tube,he even go as far to sue a few people quoting his video (which is basically a bunch of video from NASA edited to fit his claims.) to dispute his claim for copyrights violations, makes you wonder how he get all those money.

I know. I\'m friends with Jarrah White and he\'s filing DMCA on some people who are also my friends. I hear about his justification for these actions all the time. I believe he is out of line.

It\'s fun to make up rubbish that you can then feed to conspiracy theorists and watch stuff happen as you laugh your head off.

I have to say that while they are annoying as XXXX, they do manage to make me laugh really hard.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.