[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

Waypoint Manager displays heading to waypoint, and MechJeb's various autopilot options use the same heading number to orient its direction. I already copy that number manually and have had great success. I've no idea what it would take to automate that, but I wouldn't expect it be too hard to integrate on that level (I could be wrong, of course).

That works for atmospheric craft or rovers to a degree. However the initial heading is correct but changes, great circles. Think of going from from a spot in the northern hemisphere on one side of the planet to a similar spot on the other side. The inital heading would be to head north as that is the shortest path. However once you reach the north pole north is no longer the correct heading or even a valid heading.

This doesn't work at all for orbital craft. If I could see the lat long for it I could use that for the landing guidance module.

• 2 weeks later...
Any plans in future for ability to read in a config file that would have waypoints and all associated info in it?????

Would be very, very handy.....

cheers, and thanks for this nice mod..

No plans for that type of functionality. There's two ways that you can sort of get that, depending on what you're looking at:

1. Contract Configurator has the WaypoingGenerator behaviour to generate waypoints (via a file). However, the waypoints must be part of a contract.
  2. WaypointManager stores the custom waypoints in a text format in the save file. You could edit them directly there if you're careful.

What is your specific use case? Are either of those options "good enough"?

Thanks for the reply.

1. I don't use the Contract Configurator, so that won't help.

2. I had found the points in the save file. I was just 'looking' for a clean, easy way to be able to import the waypoints. While it can be done by messing with the save file,any mistake will render the save useless and cause much problem(s).

I was hoping that a simple "import waypoint.cfg" option might be in the works down the road.

Thanks anyway.

So I have this very strange problem with the mod: When I create a new waypoint, all appears to work fine but upon switching to map view, the waypoint kind of 'spazzes out' and then disappears. That makes any kind of orbital hopping extremely hard because I can't predict where I'd land. Any idea?

Extra info: Waypoint Manager is apparently also spamming the KSP log with the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

FinePrint.WaypointManager.OnPreCull ()

Maybe related.

Edited by OmegaT

So I have this very strange problem with the mod: When I create a new waypoint, all appears to work fine but upon switching to map view, the waypoint kind of 'spazzes out' and then disappears. That makes any kind of orbital hopping extremely hard because I can't predict where I'd land. Any idea?

Extra info: Waypoint Manager is apparently also spamming the KSP log with the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

FinePrint.WaypointManager.OnPreCull ()

Maybe related.

Can you send the full log? The error is a stock one, I need to see further up what is actually causing it.

I can't tell for sure from the log, but it looks like you're running an older version. Please update to the latest, and try again. Also, I'd suggest KSP-AVC to get notified on updates.

Downloaded 2.1.6 from the Github link on this post, still getting the problem. Included a GIF demonstrating it.

40UgjVO.gif

Can you post a new log along with a save this time? Not sure what's causing it, but that should shed some light (since you mentioned it only started happening after you added the custom waypoint.

Other things you can check for me:

1) Does it happen on a new save?

2) Does it still happen in 2.1.6 if you clear out the custom waypoint(s) and recreate it/them?

Here you go. Drive folder with the log and the save:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-5CWqmRp_yXfjhfd0doazZISGJBQXdRcFJ3b0k4Tk9ZWi1qQzRKYWxRQ051ZHBjZWFBamM&usp=sharing

To answer your questions:

1) This is a new save, sandbox mode.

2) The save was created with 2.1.6 installed. Game restarted after reinstall, deleted old sandbox and made new one, the works.

Will gladly provide other info.

Thank you for responsiveness and support so far!

Confirmed. Waypoint Manager works fine in sandbox, but the stock half of the equation (rendering in map view) does not. Raised [#30] to investigate. Not sure how difficult the fix will be - there's a possibility a little hack here and there will do, but there's a possibility that it just can't be done and I'd have to do the rendering myself, which I'm not too keen to do. :(

Here's hoping for a fix. I play with a friend on a DMP server and we're on Science mode which has the same bug. Guess for now I'll have to eyeball/math my anomaly scout parties.

Thanks again for your quick responses and kind support!

Curious, I see in some of the screenshots, theres an icon for an arch, on for a pyramid, and one for a monolith? How do you get those icons to show up, I don't have them? I have latest version.

Just a heads up, nightingale. The latest zip is named as 2.0.0 not 2.2.0.

Whoops, thanks for that. It's fixed now, but CKAN will probably be broken for an hour or so while it catches up with the change.

Curious, I see in some of the screenshots, theres an icon for an arch, on for a pyramid, and one for a monolith? How do you get those icons to show up, I don't have them? I have latest version.

Those are from the Anomaly Surveyor contract pack (link in my sig).

Hello,

First of all thanks for your awesome mods ! Waypoint Manager is very useful and I'm having much fun with the contract packs :D

However I wanted to report a small bug with custom waypoints :

IQuO5an.png

Whenever I set a custom waypoint to the KSC landing strip it seems to create a new instance of this waypoint each time I launch a new vessel. This persist even if I delete it. I've managed to get rid of it by re-installing the mod (to clear the list) but it happens again if I set a new one.

Tell me if you need more information I'll be glad to help.

And again thanks for the great job :wink:

Edited by Luskhen
need to learn how to forum