Coming Soon from NOSTech

noonespecial

Announcement

I'm aware that I haven't been very active in progressing this mod recently. The reasons are due deteriorating health and frequently being sick, some requiring an ER visit. Well, after months of seeing doctors, tests tests and more tests, the results are in. A very minor problem, but one that will require surgery. The surgery is next week, then there will be a recovery period. I'm hoping to return to this project and complete it after I can actually comfortably sit in front of the computer again.

My apologies for this mod taking much longer than it should to complete.

Regards,

-NoOneSpecial

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually haven't touched this recently. I've been working on (in order of priority): Chaka Monkey, SLS, and something from the Launchers Pack. I expect to be finished with SLS this within the next few weeks, at which time this will take priority.

FYI:

This will be in the JAXA release

klg3WHa.png?1

• 4 weeks later...

So, since "two piece" fairings apparently don't work with the new fairing/drag model system. Any idea how I might go about changing the fairings of this thing to be compatible with the new system?

P.S. That fairing is the only thing keeping this from being finished ;)

Actually, while I was configuring the Launchers Pack for 1.0, I realized that there's no real difference. Ok, you have to follow the prograde marker more carefully, but it makes launches more interesting and challenging. Alternatively, you could use the stock pfairings, though that makes detailed textures difficult.

YAY, a HLV! :)

Why not use you own if you have already made them ?

If I have no alternative, then I will use them. However, I would like fairings that are more than simply decorative and serve the function for which they are intended. As is, they would only increase weight with no added benefit.

As posted before Starwaster has come up with away to help Zero Point Inline Fairings to be shielded and Kerbas_ad_astra has posted some to for mods

@PART[*****]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]]:NEEDS[AnimatedDecouplers]
{
@MODULE[ModuleDecouple],*
{
@name = ModuleAnimatedDecoupler
}

MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
{
DeployModuleIndex = 2
lookupCenter = 0,5,0
lookupRadius = 5
-nodeOuterAftID = unnecessary
-nodeInnerAftID = unnecessary
}
}

Don't know if you have to have his plugin or if you can just use the decoupler node for the fairings and why not procedural fairings it says it works with far and the stock aero and can they be set to a one sizes ?

Update:

I've had zero luck with the fairings, even with the AnimatedDecoupler. Where I stand right now: Everything is complete and in game, I'm just bug hunting through part.cfg files to make sure everything is working properly. Expect an alpha release (minus fairings) within the next day or two. :)

Well, that explains why I couldn't get it to work.

No, that won't work.... but I am working on a plugin that will allow the original fairings to work properly with aero. It's been slower going than I had anticipaetd but it is coming along.

(the problem with getting Animated Decouplers to work with the fairings is that it would only work for the cones. The side pieces wouldn't give coverage. What I'm working on will go into the fairing base and it will detect the fairing pieces and it will properly size the shielded area accordingly)

Side fairings don't work even with the plugin, only cones.

Submitted for your Approval

The JAXA HIIB - Alpha Release 0.01

Basically, just the models with copy and pasted config information - i.e. completely not balanced

P0fWrxMh.png

Recommended Mods

Reflective Plugin by Starwaster

Note: The craft files requires real chute, because I have a stock capsule and adapters under the fairings for demo purposes. If you don't have Real Chute, this mod will work fine. It doesn't require it.

Download

http://www./download/ldso335oedx334z/JaxaH2B-Alpha-0.1.zip

Until Further Notice: License is All Rights Reserved

Don't worry, this will change in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

TODO

* SRB Decoupler (the animation is being finicky)

* smokePoint/fx for the Engines

* thrustTransform adjustment and refinement

* Other little knickknacks

Please, feel free to leave comments/PM/Messenger Pigeon/Three Eyed Raven if you have any suggestions, comments, advice, or complaints. Your feedback is essential for the production of a quality product.

Edited by noonespecial

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.