How to create a custom action?

• 2 months later...
To what extent? Is it something I type in to the .cfg file or is it something "worse"?

If i'm not mistaken (I haven't used infernal robotics in a while), Course Speed adjustment is supposed to be set during the building phase. The coding involved consists of exposing this function to the right click menu during flight as well, which shouldn't take a while lot.

If i'm not mistaken (I haven't used infernal robotics in a while), Course Speed adjustment is supposed to be set during the building phase. The coding involved consists of exposing this function to the right click menu during flight as well, which shouldn't take a while lot.

I'm not sure if I became any wiser and I'm no coder/modder and have no knowledge of how it's done. At this moment, I'm looking at the .cfg file for Mk2 Rotatron and can't find "Coarse Speed" anywhere, not in any of IR's parts. But that son of a ..... got to be somewhere or else it wouldn't show up in the game... this is a "pull my hair out"-moment..

...But that son of a ..... got to be somewhere or else it wouldn't show up in the game...

That 'somewhere' would be in the Infernal Robotics .dll. It's a programme. If you can programme you can mod it, or write your own KSP mod. If you can't then you really don't want to be poking sticks at it.

That 'somewhere' would be in the Infernal Robotics .dll. It's a programme. If you can programme you can mod it, or write your own KSP mod. If you can't then you really don't want to be poking sticks at it.

To elaborate on this, it's a .dll most likely mritten in C# (a.k.a. C sharp, a.k.a. Object C). If you read up on some basic C# syntax and the fundamentals of object oriented coding (in any language, really) you'll probably learn enough to alter someone elses code in a day or two.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.