[v1.3!] Silisko Industries Doughnut Research & Spacecraft Development

NovaSilisko

I've been experimenting with different engines and tanks. I put a stock LFR under your 2m tank with a CC and 1m-2m shroud and that sucker went to 38km and burned for 2:20 on about 75% power.

Note to self: nerf new parts

Is anyone else having problems with the 2 meter parts not loading correctly from saves?

To me it just says it's missing parts, but the part names all match up in the save file.

I've only tested it with the 2to1 and the 2meter fuel tank, my friend was also having the same problem.

Because I was wondering if anyone else here was having this problem, as in both our cases it's the same parts.

Holy hell, how much fuel did you pack into the 2m fuel tank?

I put one of Sunday's medium LFRs under it with a CC on top and it hit 132km at burnout 3:02 later. In the next 90 seconds it hit 478km, and it broke 1000K at 10:40.

:o

Yeah might tone that down...

Actually it's more the fault of the MedLFR, your tank burned twice as long as a stock tank w the Med LFR, but the MLFR went 46km on a stock tank. It's just insanely efficient.

Your tank is twice the Dia of the stock tank so it should have 4x the fuel not counting the increase in height as well (less a small amount)

Just for yucks I put 5 of them on top of Sunday's 3m quad LFR and it hit 55km at burnout T+2:15 and coasted another 100km in the next minute.

man, this is a great set of parts! awesome, really :D

may i add a quick suggestion - we could use a 2M-to-1M reverse adapter, so we can build rockets like these

keep up the good work, this one sure is a doosie! :cheers:

man, this is a great set of parts! awesome, really :D

may i add a quick suggestion - we could use a 2M-to-1M reverse adapter, so we can build rockets like these

keep up the good work, this one sure is a doosie! :cheers:

<3

Will do on the reverse adapter. Probably going to make a hollow, decoupling nosecone to cover up the capsule too.

39fccf107a0291541fc28f76d91b8572.png

What.

derp

Indeed, the Ares I was about exactly what I wanted the 2-1 for.

By the way, there's something weird about that larger SRB you made - the thrust seems to drop off dramatically shortly after launch, but well before burnout.

Also: Saturn V is now complete (mostly):

screenshot5tl.png

Is anyone else having problems with the 2 meter parts not loading correctly from saves?

To me it just says it's missing parts, but the part names all match up in the save file.

I've only tested it with the 2to1 and the 2meter fuel tank, my friend was also having the same problem.

Because I was wondering if anyone else here was having this problem, as in both our cases it's the same parts.

Myself and two friends have also been having this problem.

Also, I assume you plan to make a few 2 meter shroud decouplers? Would be pretty boss. Also, a 3 meter cluster of 5 small engines would be pretty neat, like the second stage on a Saturn V.

loading problems - check!

here too... no idea what could be causing it - maybe HarvesteR knows - it shows an error on the rocket-name thingy, then everything freezes ::)