Planes get torn apart, flew perfectly well before

Hello everyone,

So I'm having some troubles with my planes. In previous versions (0.23, didn't have time to fly planes in 0.24 and 0.25), my planes flew perfectly well, having no troubles midair. But now, it gets torn apart during their fligth, supposedly because of a structural failure between two parts of the fuselage (cockpit, fuel, cargo bay). I didn't change anything on my planes, except the wings, because the previous one were getting in the ground after the loading of the plane for the "launch" (but were still considered as being part of the plane). So what's the problem?

Also, my planes seem to take the entire runway for takeoff, even my lightest design, wich is unprecedented for this latter

Edited by rocket11

As I said before, two previous planes flew perfectly well before; I barely change something in term of CoM, CoL and Cot.

I made a plane from scratch; it was slow but it flew well just before the Big Rip

It's only a matter of when I reach a certain speed, a certain altitude OR even a certain time that my planes get ripped apart. I thought about a brutal movement, but it wasn't because it also get torn when I wasn't pressing any key

The intial symptoms sound like you're using FAR, but if your certain the install is stock, we need more info, specifically images.

Yes, I'm using FAR

Yes, I'm using FAR

That makes a WORLD of difference. FAR can (and, as you've found out, will) shatter aircraft due to aerodynamic stresses (but you probably already knew that).

Again, we need pictures with CoL and CoM visible to fully troubleshoot why FAR says you will not fly today.

As I said before, two previous planes flew perfectly well before; I barely change something in term of CoM, CoL and Cot.

That doesn't change the fact we need screenshots! But if you're using FAR and this is new, check the change log of FAR - it probably added some new effect your plane can't handle.

Easy fix: activate Dynamic Control Adjustment (DCA).

screenshot45.png

This feature is special-made for keyboard inputs that lack the precision of an analog flight stick. It dampens your control input based on your current airspeed, with higher speeds meaning more dampening. As a result, even if you hit the keys as hard as you can, your plane won't exceed a certain amount of stress on the fuselage. In practical application, 99% of the time I cannot get my planes to break up even if I intentionally try to force it by diving at high speed into the thick lower atmosphere and then weaving about as if trying to dogfight... and that's with flimsy 0.3 wing strength. While it will easily pull high g's, it still keeps the marker outside the red zone quite reliably.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.