Jimmy G's Commercial Aerospace pack Development (Very Early WIP) (First Mod)

jarratt51

Backed up by some friends, I've had an idea for a cool mod. When making aircraft, I am annoyed by the small size and underpower/unrealism of the engines. I do alot my Ksp based around Commercial flying using the Kerbinside mod. I've started work on a potential pack, adding new engines and commercial linking parts

I've used Gmax to whip up some ideal models. I've started off with a KSP replica of a Boeing 777 engine, desinged for bigger aircraft, Hoping to include animations and a reverser feature.

Feel free to post thoughts and suggestions as this is my first mod, and I need to know where to take this next.

(Model Not to Scale Yet)

035WFDO.png

thanks alot :)

-James

looking good, and looking forward to tring a working model!

Cheers :) It will be a while until I get a good stable result, but the feedback is definitely motivation :)

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE

Done the textures. I need to get 3dmax working so I can export it (This was created in Gmax). Need to read up on how the animations work too :)

jaanlvJ.png

-James

You mentioned only engines, but you said you like commercial flight in general so I'll make the suggestion anyway...

There's something I've also been annoyed for a long time. It's landing gear for big planes. We have amazing options for fighter-sized craft and medium-sized airplanes, which come in B9, or the even greater Adjustable Landing Gears by BahamutoD. But there's nothing adequate for BIG airplanes, like landing gears for a 747, or for cargo planes. I always end up having to use hover wheels and it just looks ridiculous... Resizing said gears forcefully works (rescaleFactor, or creating a TweakScale for it), but they just don't look "right" for the size of these airplanes. Landing gears for these things look completely different and tougher.

Would you perhaps be interested in creating landing gears like that? Just a suggestion.

I totally agree with you. Since this is my first mod development will be slow, after these engine I will focus on stuff like widened fuselages and eventually gear to suit them

Cheers for the suggestion :)

To give an idea of the engine size, I'm thinking of having a 1.5m diameter one and a 2m diameter one to replicate b777s.

-James

Edited by jarratt51

Cheers :)

Is there anyway I can export gmax to blender or straight to a unity file with animations and uv mapping?

I'll get 3dmax working, maybe that time has come where I wipe my entire pc clean and start fresh (keeping the engine don't worry :))

-James

Edited by jarratt51

Whilst copying my files for back (all 983gb of it) for when I reset my pc, which will hopefully do many good things including making 3dmax work :),

I thought I'd make a cool livery :)

Me and My friend (Jules/Firebreather) are collaberating for this mod, he's thinking of creating some cockpits.

YjtLq6R.png

Edited by jarratt51

I have reformatted my PC, and I have copied the files across. Exporting from Gmax to 3dsmax wasn't as easy as I thought, so some remodeling is taking place. Feel free to request any fictional KSP airline textures that I can include, or any features :)

-James :)

Edited by jarratt51

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Feel free to request any fictional KSP airline textures that I can include

For a kerbal versin of united Airlines, you could do KerbNited Skyways (I know i just put kerbal an united together then changed airlines to skyways but is sounds cool SO WHO CARES)

For a kerbal versin of united Airlines, you could do KerbNited Skyways (I know i just put kerbal an united together then changed airlines to skyways but is sounds cool SO WHO CARES)

Sorry I haven't been keeping on top of this project for a while, I've been heavily revising for GSCEs. A standardisation would be quite good. I'm thinking of creating a b737-100/200 style engine low in the tech tree, in Kerbal United airways. I'm just wondering if anyone would like to go ahead and make some livery ideas in GIMP or photoshop which I can be inspired from :)

Edited by jarratt51

I'm just wondering if anyone would like to go ahead and make some livery ideas in GIMP or photoshop which I can be inspired from :)

Sure, I will whip up a few then PM them to you if you dont mind, but if you cant for some reason acces your PMs then I make them publicly visible right here on the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

just one thing though, it will be in something like MS Paint or Paint.NET because my Photoshop skills are rubbish and i cant get GIMP to work on windows 8.1

• 3 weeks later...
Sure, I will whip up a few then PM them to you if you dont mind, but if you cant for some reason acces your PMs then I make them publicly visible right here on the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

just one thing though, it will be in something like MS Paint or Paint.NET because my Photoshop skills are rubbish and i cant get GIMP to work on windows 8.1

cool, look forward to it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.