Docking ports refuse to connect

I docked before

I'm doing everything right

I have electric charge on both ships

Both ships are manned

I have SAS off on both ships

both docking ports are right-side-up

my speed of approach is so slow it says 0.0m/s

yet no magnetic action, no docking, the ports just clip through one another. I think on my first contact they did a bit of magnetic action but didn't dock right so I tried over. No magnetic attraction since then.

Picture is a bit dark but you can see what I mean. They are basically kissing and nothing is happening. I barely got this pig of a fuel depot up to orbit with the tech I have unlocked, I really don't want to have to do it again...

6cLKltd.jpg

Edited by ROXunreal

I think on my first contact they did a bit of magnetic action but didn't dock right so I tried over. No magnetic attraction since then.

Move a decent distance away (like 20 meters say, to be safe - it doesn't need to be that much) then try again. Docking ports derp a bit if you try to redock without moving far enough away.

If backing away doesn't help, try to stay close, then quicksave and quickload. That should reset the ports if everything else is okay.

If that doesn't work (which it probably won't), then try this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/78863-FIX-Dock-Undocking-Bug-in-0-23-5

For ports that won't dock, it's a fairly straight forward fix. Let me know if you have questions.

Cheers,

-Claw

I have had this problem with docking adapters before where I couldn't get the docking to occur no matter how perfect I lined up. I would just bump off of it. Try this...

1. Go into the persistent.sfs file

2. Search for a line which says "state = Acquire"

3. Change to "state = Ready"

After finding the erzatz docking adapter and changing it's state, it worked perfectly.

If all else fails, this might be your issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.