New Spaceplane parts reverting to old versions on launch.

So I've had this problem for the last two versions now where I'd go into the spaceplane hangar, use some of the funky new parts, launch and when it gets to the runway, the parts have reverted to older variations of similar parts. These older parts remain if I revert to the hangar too.

I had hoped that 0.9 would fix this problem so I could play the game again, but this problem is STILL here. I've updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, updated and nothing. In addition to this, I now have a listing of two of every older part in the parts window during hangar construction. I'm running a Windows 64bit system with the current 0.9 patch. The game doesn't crash so no long can be given, but here's a few screenshots showing what I mean:

Alright, everything looks good. Let's launch...

pmnAxI3.png

... Wot

eAjD3Cw.png

This bug was still there last patch too. Why has this not been fixed yet? It's not a small problem either.

Edited by Specula

This is symptomatic of having duplicate parts. If you installed updates over your pre-0.25 game, this can happen.

The simplest solution would be to back up your saves, delete the entire game, then reinstall it. Either extract the zip from the KSP store or verify game cache in steam.

The important part is to no longer have the old wing (etc.) parts.

The trouble lies in that up until .25 all parts had a config file named "part.cfg", but now ever part has a cvonfig file named " part name.cfg". The updater doesn't delete the old part.cfg resulting in duplicates.

I fixed it by doing a search for all files named part.cfg and the deleteing them, but a reinstall would be safer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.