Remodelling/Retexturing the Lander Leg (Blender specific)

Have any of you pro modelers run into trouble when trying to import/export the lander leg in Blender? Just a straight import/export doesn\'t work. It is behaving like a model that has no material assigned to it, ie: it appears in the list of parts that one can use in the VAB, but when selecting it it does not appear in the main view to be placed. I ran into that with basic parts not properly materialed. I suspect it has something to do with the colliders and anchors coming in as 'empty' objects, of which the four submodels are children.

Troubleshooting thus far:

Materials assignments to the meshes themselves.

Materials assignments to the meshes and the colliders/anchors.

Re-UV-mapping the meshes.

Deleting the parent empty objects (nodeCollider, nodeLegCollider, objAnchor, objLeg).

Recreating the parent empty objects.

Recreating the parent objects as meshes themselves.

Have you guys run into this? Is there a different object that should be used? Is this simply of Blender (2.6) having a compliance issue with COLLADA (as in the empty objects should be coming in as a standardized object for which Blender has no support yet)?

Any tips? Thanks.

So the preview for the part shows up in the menu, but when you grab it, its transparent in the main window?

First thing to check is your cfg file; make sure its part identifier is unique, the module type is 'LanderLeg' and the file names for the DAE and texture file are named correctly.

Also delete the mesh folder and let it rebuild from scratch.

If none of that works, feel free to send me a blend file and the part folder and I\'ll run it through the checklist, though it sounds like you were pretty thorough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.