OMICRON - Flying Space Car Development Thread

Climberfx

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Is that going to be a dock, or some sort of KAS pipe?  Or something else entirely?

It's like a dock. No need for other mods, just a simple small dock.  Retractable.

I don't know if i can have a dock that game don't allow crew transfer, but if yes, will be, other else, a simple small dock.

In my flights i miss a simpler way to connect to vessels, that don't have the larger dock that pass kerbals, when i use KAS cable in space, at some point the two vessels start to rolling and snap on each other (the way they move when docked via has cable is crazy, you can't click anything). So, just because that, i think i need a staple docking port. And compact one. I may do it compatible with the little stock dock.

Next i go back for the other parts this mod need, and the things on the list...

22 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

I don't know if i can have a dock that game don't allow crew transfer, but if yes, will be, other else, a simple small dock.

Not in stock; in stock you can transfer crew through anything.  With CLS installed, yes you can set it to disallow crew transfer.

18 hours ago, DStaal said:

Not in stock; in stock you can transfer crew through anything.  With CLS installed, yes you can set it to disallow crew transfer.

Well, so will be that way, but we can pretend that it won't pass kerbals, and i figure out how to block Kerbals with CLS.

:wink:

it's ready.

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 5.34.22 AM

Edited by Climberfx

Next update:

- Micro dock node, for exchange of resources between ships;

- Implementing refrigeration on the seats parts, and doing a new part, the refrigeration module (for heat exchange purposes);

- Intakes now have it's own air cooling/compress system, for engine use and reentering heat compensation;

- Cleaning example crafts from other mods other then the needed ones for Omicron, so anyone will be able to open then;

- Adjusting ModuleCargoBay for correct shield for what is inside it, when closed;

- Some minor tweaks/updates;

- Sound FX for movable parts and start using FSanimateGeneric to control animations, fixing the problem on parts with multiple animations and enabling revert animation on the fly;

- Tech Tree implemented;

- Add FSinfoPopup to cockpit;

Edited by Climberfx

Next part i'm starting modeling is an adapter of the format of Omicron (egg) to the size 2 (2.5 m)

For the mounts of Omicron with Rocket boosters and long trips.

It will be possible to use it with all kinds of backs from the package.

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 11.26.09 AM

2 hours ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

It would be cool if the solar panels looked a little like the ones on the SpaceX ITS

Screen%252BShot%252B2016-09-27%252Bat%25

Hey Tristonwilson12, i 'm not already decide how it will be, but for sure will open on the sides of Omicron, is the most logical solution yet.

This visual you suggest is super, and i think it could be the option i do.

Edited by Climberfx

3 hours ago, thomash said:

As much as I love this little thing, I find that docking is beyond difficult.  I hope you are planning on incorporating a docking camera.  Please, please, please incorporate one in your IVA.  Thx.

Yes, i am. Docking camera, IVA, functional control panels on cockpit...

:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.