[Idiots] Sorry but I have to share this...

montyben101

That thread is hilarious.

Understanding orbital mechanics: Fail.

Understanding perspective: Fail.

Understanding time-lapse: Fail.

All on page 1...

Jeez.

OTOH, I once had a grown adult ask me: Given a conveyor belt, powered by an electric motor (traveling uphill too FWIW), why can't you just put a generator on the other end and get some free power?

The people I have to work with :rolleyes:.

Edited by steve_v

The Earth is flat... it's just texture mapped quite nicely onto a sphere..... without even pinching at the poles! ;)

Yep. Or else the poles would have severe terrain anomalies. (This is actually the case in KSP, where mun has a pyramids at the poles!)

These people are so ignorant that they do not deserve the ability to communicate. One of them asks why the launchpad is lit long after the launch on a long-exposure photo...

Edited by Kinglet

"The flat earth society" :sticktongue:

Duh, and the comments, now i want to make a troll account and post on these forums .-.

Edit: Just browsing around these forums: (Some of these are from admins/mods)

"Satellites do not exist. Space travel and orbiting are impossible."

"Nuclear Weapons Do Not Exist"

"Satellite phones are just regular phones with stronger signal generators and better receivers"

"Stars are what they look like, little points of light in the sky. Planets are like the same, little points in the sky. Mars lander is a hoax, as the Apollo missions."

On a foucault pendulum thread all the flatearthers (Or whatever they are named) tried to "get away" and get the thread closed, duh :P

Cheers!

Edited by tajampi

Yeah, it is hard to tell if everybody there is trolling, some pretending to be flat-Earthers and some laughing at them, or if the OP is actually posting in earnest. Poe's Law at its finest.

There was a real flat earth society, and the original members were very much sincere. Whether any of them are involved with that website, or if they even still exist, is much less clear.