[0.9, Steam] Fullscreen ignores resolution setting, does not work properly

Brief:

Kerbal Space Program ignores screen width and height when set to fullscreen mode, instead incorrectly using the desktop resolution.

Details:

When set to fullscreen, KSP will launch in a "fullscreen-window" that is the same resolution as the desktop, not the resolution set in the config.

The game itself renders at the set resolution from the config and upscales to desktop resolution to match the fullscreen-window.

Tried all combinations of Unity -force and -screen flags to no avail. Not using -popupwindow.

Note the dimensions of this screenshot (Clickable link):

CrErA9Cl.png

The behaviour is identical regardless of if running the 64bit or 32bit version of KSP. Launching directly from the folder, via steam, or via launcher, does not make any difference either.

Game was running fine before, with fullscreen working as expected.

System specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8150 eight-core 3.65GHz

RAM: 32GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (Driver version 347.09)

Desktop res: 2560x1600

Single monitor

Edited by Jattenalle

Brief:

Kerbal Space Program ignores screen width and height when set to fullscreen mode, instead incorrectly using the dekstop resolution.

Details:

When set to fullscreen, KSP will launch in a "fullscreen-window" that is the same resolution as the desktop, not the resolution set in the config.

The game itself renders at the set resolution from the config and upscales to dekstop resolution to match the fullscreen-window.

Tried all combinations of Unity -force and -screen flags to no avail. Not using -popupwindow.

Note the dimensions of this screenshot (Clickable link):

http://i.imgur.com/CrErA9Cl.png

The behaviour is identical regardless of if running the 64bit or 32bit version of KSP. Launching directly from the folder, via steam, or via launcher, does not make any difference either.

Game was running fine before, with fullscreen working as expected.

System specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8150 eight-core 3.65GHz

RAM: 32GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (Driver version 347.09)

Desktop res: 2560x1600

Single monitor

I had this happen on restart after patch install, everything got fat. I had to use maximum resolution to get objects to render proportionally.

I had this happen on restart after patch install, everything got fat. I had to use maximum resolution to get objects to render proportionally.

Indeed, if you pick an ingame aspect ratio that is different from your desktop.. everything gets scaled and looks wonky as all hell.

• 2 weeks later...
So why was KSP updated to a broken version of Unity? And if this is a known issue shouldn't it be in the sticky?

So many questions, but mostly frustration at the poor performance of Unity's broken upscaling and bad rendering.

Because virtually every version of Unity (and every other piece of software for that matter) is broken in one way or another. In each version they fix some things and, invariably, break others...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.