Stock Ksp Panther II Tank with WORKING TURRET! Video + Download + STOCK ROTORS + TURRETS

Smallest tank to have a working turret!

Download for those who are lazy: http://www./download/qkkfa5lsemk9fek/M_A_N__Panther_II_Ausf_B.craft

The turret works with a whole bunch of landing gears fixing the turret spike into place, with two sets placed above and below a battery.

This allows simple rotation and elevation, however is ultimately flawed, as prolonged (and incorrect) use may cause the turret to jam or blow

out of its turret ring.

Edited by astecarmyman

:D But you should really thank my subscribers for sending it in to me, I once made a prototype of a turret, but I just could never get the gears to hold the turret long enough for practical usage.

But now that it's possible to put turrets on tanks maybe I should:

uQntYeD.png

Yup. Zekes Ratte. Maybe...

Hey man,

Sorry to say but there have been tanks made with rotating turrets posted on this forum for over a year now.

So not the first.

But you can try to be the best though!

I will be making my little bearing into a replica tank soon.

MJ

Hey man,

Sorry to say but there have been tanks made with rotating turrets posted on this forum for over a year now.

So not the first.

But you can try to be the best though!

I will be making my little bearing into a replica tank soon.

MJ

Well, it's the smallest tank with a turret :P

If you remember I created a panther suspension for you a while ago and used it on my panther, feel free to retro fit your design if you want

when my computer broke I probably lost it, how many parts is it? If it is within reasonable bounds I can try to fit it in

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the inspiration to make my own bearings, now i made a tank with a traverse, elevation, and best of all it doesnt pop out when shot at.

Now to finish me next tank, a gigantic turret mounted revolver that elevates and depresses, and rotated the ammunition when reloading (itll have 4-8 shots if it works.

Also, the turret i made is ALMOST as small as yours, and its actually somewhat enemy shototing resistant, here is some screwing with it on a very early for fun tank.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Note that the turret bearing is almost indestructible despite teh tank being flipped/exploded, and it doesnt get into those spazzy kraken attacks like other designs ive sen after being damaged.

Edited by panzer1b

I wish I could add it to my Amphibious tanks.

Snip

That first picture tho, how u do it?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the inspiration to make my own bearings, now i made a tank with a traverse, elevation, and best of all it doesnt pop out when shot at.

Now to finish me next tank, a gigantic turret mounted revolver that elevates and depresses, and rotated the ammunition when reloading (itll have 4-8 shots if it works.

Also, the turret i made is ALMOST as small as yours, and its actually somewhat enemy shototing resistant, here is some screwing with it on a very early for fun tank.

http://imgur.com/a/UWjZE

Note that the turret bearing is almost indestructible despite teh tank being flipped/exploded, and it doesnt get into those spazzy kraken attacks like other designs ive sen after being damaged.

I think I have you beat when it comes to aesthetics

dCALFRd.jpg

I think I have you beat when it comes to aesthetics

http://i.imgur.com/dCALFRd.jpg

1st of all thats entirely subjective.

2nd of all, i didnt design this to appear nice and pretty, im trying to make a COMBAT WORTHY turret, one that can actually be shot at, flipped over, driven off cliffs and still remain attached to teh tank (havet managed the last one yet, the tank always explodes when driven off cliffs, and after the whole tank exploded the turret kinda breaks apart).

Anyways, most of my craft that i make are a aesthetic-performance hybrid. I dont pretend to make the most combat effective, nto the best looking craft around, but i sure manage to get craft that dont look like crap (ok i cant stand those pancake rockets with lots of exposed tanks strapped all over), and at the same time are able to perform anywhere from well to reasonably well, all while minimizing part count.

Anyways, my newest turret bearing is 25 parts, at such a low part count (and with its resilience to enemy fire), i think its a success.

now to mount them on my capital ships, i finally get to have those cool looking turret things they have in sci-fi movies, minus the red lazor beams.

Also, that tank while i can see its a rather ok replica (pz3 most likely consider the number of bogeys and return rollers), doesnt quite seem solid combat wise (i think a kerbal could flip it via EVA pack :D).

Edited by panzer1b

1st of all thats entirely subjective.

2nd of all, i didnt design this to appear nice and pretty, im trying to make a COMBAT WORTHY turret, one that can actually be shot at, flipped over, driven off cliffs and still remain attached to teh tank (havet managed the last one yet, the tank always explodes when driven off cliffs, and after the whole tank exploded the turret kinda breaks apart).

Anyways, most of my craft that i make are a aesthetic-performance hybrid. I dont pretend to make the most combat effective, nto the best looking craft around, but i sure manage to get craft that dont look like crap (ok i cant stand those pancake rockets with lots of exposed tanks strapped all over), and at the same time are able to perform anywhere from well to reasonably well, all while minimizing part count.

Anyways, my newest turret bearing is 25 parts, at such a low part count (and with its resilience to enemy fire), i think its a success.

now to mount them on my capital ships, i finally get to have those cool looking turret things they have in sci-fi movies, minus the red lazor beams.

Also, that tank while i can see its a rather ok replica (pz3 most likely consider the number of bogeys and return rollers), doesnt quite seem solid combat wise (i think a kerbal could flip it via EVA pack :D).

:P that's a very detailed response. The purpose of the panzer 3 however is to be a replica of the panzer 3 with the 50mm gun. I'm curious to see the bearing you used! 26 parts and good reliability? Yes please :D I used majorjims bearing which is a significant 90 parts and quite frequently jams with too much activity. Think you can send me the turret subassembly ?

:P that's a very detailed response. The purpose of the panzer 3 however is to be a replica of the panzer 3 with the 50mm gun. I'm curious to see the bearing you used! 26 parts and good reliability? Yes please :D I used majorjims bearing which is a significant 90 parts and quite frequently jams with too much activity. Think you can send me the turret subassembly ?

Its um uploaded along with a tank on my comnpany page (click my signature).

Check the craft repository and it is if i am correct a subassembly as well under subassemblies, and ofc its also on the tank i have uploaded there Pz-850(e).

It is 23-25 (depending on variant) parts, and 18 extra for struts (they arent required, but it makes the thing alot more reliable and harder to damage). Its really as simple as a turret can get, just the 1x1 structural panels and a ibeam, it doesnt have super fluid motion though, so if you need that look elsewhere. It also wobbles liek 5 degrees up/down so you can use that as makeshift elevation control (although you are best off setting teh tank for general purpose range when level, and then turret allows you to increase/decrease this by a little bit).

Also, you are free to use it howver you want, im pretty sure im not the first one to utilize such a bearing, but i do seem to be teh first that im aware of to actually make a bearing that can 1 survive being flipped upside down, and at the same time be fairly resilient to enemy fire (not immune like anything, it can be destroyed, but its alot better then say the panther II bearing when under fire, altyhough im pretty sure the panther II was more of a for fun/showcase design, and wasnt 100% designed for combat purposes as it seems a little suceptible to anything hitting it square on).

The only issues i have now with teh bearing (and tanks in general) is that they will not survive falling off a cliff or a very high jump near KSC (like fly into one of those bumps near the launchpad at 40-60m/s).

Edited by panzer1b

• 1 month later...

Here is the AKS Technologies Panther Ausf.F:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It has its issues, but considering the turret refuses to fall off nomatter how hard i try (u basically need to obliterate the entire tank for turret to be destroyed), i think its a win.

Also, i did some firing tests, and although i need to make it much more phasing resistant (high velocity shells basically bypass the armor), ive YET to separate the turret from teh body with either gunfire, or collisions/ramming. I think armor wise this thing wins, not to mention it doesnt look all that terrible. Just need to overhaul the armorscheme, perhaps zamo could do that for me as he makes way better tanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.