[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

Hi Kasper,

just to let you know the LV-NB has a problem on the pad still, it drops through the launch pad if it's supposed to rest on it.

It was mentioned on twitch that it was working, but i've put the 2.2 version in gamedata and still got the same issue on a new craft

Speaking of which, something that's been bugging me since I thought about it last night: since the LV-NB is basically the stock nuclear drive widened to 2.5m from 1m, shouldn't its output be something like 375 instead of 150 due to squaring? By Pi x r^2 where r is 1 and 2.5 respectively, that'd make the new exhaust area 6.25 times the output of the stock one, which is roughly about where the Mainsail sits compared to the LV-30 and 45 (though one has to take into account the Mainsail's extra length as well which doubtlessly affects its output further).

Is it possible for you to make an updated version of all the parts that were implemented to stock and thus removed?

I used all of them in my still ongoing missions, and since the meshes of several parts aren't the same replacing them through savefile editing won't work.

I required the old parts for my persistent save, so I edited them back in. It also includes the part strength edits by Taverius.

-link removed due to license violations-

Edited by KasperVld

Speaking of which, something that's been bugging me since I thought about it last night: since the LV-NB is basically the stock nuclear drive widened to 2.5m from 1m, shouldn't its output be something like 375 instead of 150 due to squaring? By Pi x r^2 where r is 1 and 2.5 respectively, that'd make the new exhaust area 6.25 times the output of the stock one, which is roughly about where the Mainsail sits compared to the LV-30 and 45 (though one has to take into account the Mainsail's extra length as well which doubtlessly affects its output further).

The size of the stock atomic engine is 1.25m not 1m. That would still give 240 thrust instead of 150, however.

I think the Mainsail also gives up a lot of ISP to achieve its TWR.

I required the old parts for my persistent save, so I edited them back in. It also includes the part strength edits by Taverius.

-link removed due to license violations-

hey thanks for updating this.

I don't know if your pack is the same as the one linked by KasperVld on the first page, but there's a little thing you could fix: the hexagonal probe core appears two times - that is because it is both in the Command and in the Control part folders.

Edited by KasperVld

Please do not redistribute this mod: the license is very clear about that. In fact, since KSPX never shipped with a license intellectual copyright laws apply and without permission from ClairaLyrae you cannot redistribute (a modified version of) KSPX.

@Francesco there is really only one copy of the Hex probe in the zip file so I suspect you put the other one there yourself.

Was the bottom attachment node location fixed in the LV NB motor?

It seems that when I try to decouple, the motor plodes cuz the node is too far up into the nozzle.

I put a bug report on it but it turns out that the part isnt stock but part of this mod.

First,

a big Thank you! to have the time to help us get back the greates mod ever =)

But one thing I would like to ask you. Could you provide a additonal download with the rest of the parts (who are now stock)? I need them because I don't want loose all my craft files. So in order to replace the old mod parts with the now stock parts I need them. Could you do that? That would be really really great =)

Linard

Anyone else have problems with the centering of the stack quad/tri/bi-adapter?

Mines are with the green input of the "bi/tri/quad" wrongly placed, they are too close to the center.

how to fix it?

Thanks.

Havent bothered to read through all this as most of it seems to be confusing. Is the spaceport mod 0.20 compatible now or not? Because it seems not?

You don't need to read through anything except the first post. It clearly says in bold letters that the spaceport version is outdated. Use the download link in the first post, just extract the .zip to the GameData folder (as with all new plugins that conform to the new plugin structure) so that you have a KSPX folder inside that GameData folder. Enjoy all the lovely modules :)

and what about planned features for 3.0 and stuff :/

It's likely that at some point, there'll be stock parts with those features.

I can't find the small omnilight anywhere, the white and red ones. Did you remove them, and if, why? They're the reason I downloaded this pack, among the small round batteries.

EDIT: Whoops! Big mistake.. I thought they were from this pack. Sorry! :)

Edited by Saku

I can't find the small omnilight anywhere, the white and red ones. Did you remove them, and if, why? They're the reason I downloaded this pack, among the small round batteries.

Those are part of the B9 pack, always have been.

KasperVld, thank you for the update and repost (particularly with permission - nicely done). I know you're not intending to do much continued development on the parts. However, I'm very curious if these earlier comments are current issues still and if they can be fixed with config edits:

i don't know if you fixed the node issues but here are the ones i found

* half-height 2m rcs tank

* quad coupler

* three segment gray fuel tank
Anyone else have problems with the centering of the stack quad/tri/bi-adapter?

Mines are with the green input of the "bi/tri/quad" wrongly placed, they are too close to the center.

how to fix it?

Thanks.

Also there was a post about this here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/30755-KSPX-incompatibility-with-v-0-20-quad-couplers

Perhaps this was fixed and just not noted in the thread/patch notes (or was never a problem with corrected fixed parts?) ...but I was left confused after reading the thread and thus I'm planning to take a look and see if this is an issue that exists and see if it could be fixed.

<EDIT> UPDATE: As also noted below, I have confirmed that these bugs do not in fact exist in the current download. I don't know why Scoppio was experiencing them.

Edited by Black-Talon
Update

[about bi/tri/quad coupler nodes]...

Perhaps this was fixed and just not noted in the thread/patch notes (or was never a problem with corrected fixed parts?)...

This looks fixed in this 0.2.2 KSPX rerelease, I just loaded them and looked at the configs. Taverius also fixed it earlier and included it with Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace, involving 'scale = 1' in those particular configs.

I'm not a modder by any means, so I really have no clue as to how to fix these issues. I assume it's another config edit so if anyone has fixed these issues in configs just bundle the configs (not the models/textures!) and upload them somewhere. I'll add a link in the first post :)

This looks fixed in this 0.2.2 KSPX rerelease, I just loaded them and looked at the configs. Taverius also fixed it earlier and included it with Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace, involving 'scale = 1' in those particular configs.

Thank you for the update and confirmation. I found the same, no issues with the nodes for these parts. =)

Taverius also fixed it earlier and included it with Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace, involving 'scale = 1' in those particular configs.

That's because the extras for KSPX included in Pizza are the same as the file KasperVLD linked in the OP :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.