[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

The joints, I have arms and stuff attached to them that are supposed to deploy, but it cant launch deployed because of the procedural fairing.

What part is what I meant. And you mean just move the attachment node? Or actually control the movement of the part in VAB?

No kidding. I'm going to try my best to get the closed and open hinges out tonight to replace the old Damned Robotics version. Since there's such a demand for the parts and people a bit skittish to edit cfg's themselves I'm not willing to wait for all of them to be finished I'll just get them out as we can.

Ok, ill get finished on my pack of parts for it then, I am also getting hounded, it would be much simpler to just release it. I did ask permission to release the odl DR parts with our pack, or with some of my packs but that was over 3 months ago and I never got a response from the author :/

No kidding. I'm going to try my best to get the closed and open hinges out tonight to replace the old Damned Robotics version. Since there's such a demand for the parts and people a bit skittish to edit cfg's themselves I'm not willing to wait for all of them to be finished I'll just get them out as we can.

Can You blame us? We are after all Kerbonauts at heart. Half the time we start doing something it blows up in our face :D *Afraid to open fridge*

is it compatable with .21

Follow my signature for a newer version that I forked from Damned Robotics (now called Infernal Robotics). The old one is broken. If you want the parts to work from the damned robotics pack, follow the instructions from my signature.

What part is what I meant. And you mean just move the attachment node? Or actually control the movement of the part in VAB?

Ah, I am using the powered hinge. It is default in the VAB at 180 degrees from its attaching surface, I want to move it to 90 or whatever its max is in the VAB before launch.

Ah, I am using the powered hinge. It is default in the VAB at 180 degrees from its attaching surface, I want to move it to 90 or whatever its max is in the VAB before launch.

The good news is we will be released an opened hinge as well as a closed hinge for those that need either. Keep an eye on the Magic Smoke Industries thread. When each part is finished we are releasing them and not waiting for a pack. The sooner the better in my opinion!

I just started playing KSP a few weeks ago, but I've been having great fun playing around with really open ended parts from this pack like the hinge and rotatron to make folding stuff. I modified the part files for the hinge and the B9 8x8 plate to give them nodes to attach easier and finally was able to make a rough version of a movable folding runway, complete with explosive bolts+struts to keep the whole thing rigid during flight. Unfortunately the hinge part still sticks up a bit, but if closed hinges are coming soon then maybe those could fix it.

Edited by AncientGammoner

That's awesome! Can't wait to use that too! I'm already using your slider part. Do you have any plans on making an action group that can make it go directly to a predetermined angle/position?

It's on the todo list but unsure when we will have that done. Going to knock out th easy things first.

I just started playing KSP a few weeks ago, but I've been having great fun playing around with really open ended parts from this pack like the hinge and rotatron to make folding stuff. I modified the part files for the hinge and the B9 8x8 plate to give them nodes to attach easier and finally was able to make a rough version of a movable folding runway, complete with explosive bolts+struts to keep the whole thing rigid during flight:

http://youtu.be/LrmF8NXUzEM

Unfortunately the hinge part still sticks up a bit, but if closed hinges are coming soon then maybe those could fix it.

Thats by far the most epic Thing ive seen :D

did you use other mods too? Gotta get that to mun with some lights attached for the epic SSTO land way or sth...:D

I've got a bit of a problem with DR. I've built a crane for a base construction on Duna that uses a hinge, rototron, and hydraulic cylinder. The parts are not mapped to any keys, yet when I go to pitch my rocket (using the up and down arrow keys I've mapped the rocket to) all three DR parts start moving throughout their range of motion in exactly the same way they would if I was intentionally using them. This is causing phantom forces to be exerted on my rocket making it almost uncontrollable. The pod torque from the probe core, and both manned pods have been disabled and the only problem I can see is DR moving itself. Any way I could fix this?

Thats by far the most epic Thing ive seen :D

did you use other mods too? Gotta get that to mun with some lights attached for the epic SSTO land way or sth...:D

The rotatron and hinge are from DR, the 8x8 panels are from the B9 pack and the explosive bolts are from Nova. But like I said I had to modify the part files and add nodes for the panels and the hinge to fit properly:

2d2hmj4.png

I've got a bit of a problem with DR. I've built a crane for a base construction on Duna that uses a hinge, rototron, and hydraulic cylinder. The parts are not mapped to any keys, yet when I go to pitch my rocket (using the up and down arrow keys I've mapped the rocket to) all three DR parts start moving throughout their range of motion in exactly the same way they would if I was intentionally using them. This is causing phantom forces to be exerted on my rocket making it almost uncontrollable. The pod torque from the probe core, and both manned pods have been disabled and the only problem I can see is DR moving itself. Any way I could fix this?

Try going through the process of giving them a name and a function key, make sure they are different names.I recommend MSI rails and rotation. They are more stable. Aslo Sirkut/MSI are working on a new IR pack.

Edited by viperwolf

Try going through the process of giving them a name and a function key, make sure they are different names.I recommend MSI rails and rotation. They are more stable. Aslo Sirkut/MSI are working on a new IR pack.

Yeah DR has been abandoned and not updated since I think .19 so check our magic smoke industries and infernal robotics, I believe the new pack is out within the nest day or so.

If i got it right, sirkut will include (some) parts or new made, similar parts as there are in DR, right?

All new parts that will replace the old DR parts and here will be more choices in parts to use. One example is a new "door" hinge part. You will have two to pick from (maybe three) one open and another closed. The maybe is one set at 90 degrees.

One more question lol. Is IR included in the Magic Smoke docking washer download or do I need to download it separately from github?

Either way. The github zip contains the dll and the docking washers. The mediafire link has the washers too.

While taking a stroll in my 8 or 12 legged walkers, the rotatrons bearing the weight of the craft occasionally spontaneously disassemble unanimously. Many of them continue to work, but are off-axis. Is anyone familiar with this problem, or know of any fix? I'm sure its not the weight of the craft, it is very small and I've tested by putting a lot of weight on it without change, and changing the quantity of legs doesn't change anything either.

If you want to experiment with it, the design is very similar to the walker in the "Kerbals at War 2" video, only stripped down to the skeleton.

Edited by Astronut25
Elaboration on Tests

While taking a stroll in my 8 or 12 legged walkers, the rotatrons bearing the weight of the craft occasionally spontaneously disassemble unanimously. Many of them continue to work, but are off-axis. Is anyone familiar with this problem, or know of any fix? I'm sure its not the weight of the craft, it is very small and I've tested by putting a lot of weight on it without change, and changing the quantity of legs doesn't change anything either.

If you want to experiment with it, the design is very similar to the walker in the "Kerbals at War 2" video, only stripped down to the skeleton.

I would just wait for Sirkuts updated pack