[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

I just installed this, and I'm having 0 luck getting it to work. The button is there in the VAB, but it does nothing.

Apparently, you have to reload the game to see the welded parts.

I have a question: Imagine I want to make a super-low part count satellite. Can I include multiples of, say, antenna or solar panels, as long as I don't mix up the types (panel, antenna, rcs)? OR, can I only add 1 solar panel, antenna, rcs per welded part?

Edited by TruthQuark

Apparently, you have to reload the game to see the welded parts.

I have a question: Imagine I want to make a super-low part count satellite. Can I include multiples of, say, antenna or solar panels, as long as I don't mix up the types (panel, antenna, rcs)? OR, can I only add 1 solar panel, antenna, rcs per welded part?

For many parts using one of each unique part will be okay - EXCEPT in cases where they used the same transform or animation name in both parts (which is quite a few stock parts). E.g. if the deploy animation for two antennas is both named 'deploy', only one of them will function. Or if two different solar panels use the same deploy animation name or the same suncatcher or pivot names, again only one will function. The best example I can think of is probably the two standard stock docking ports (regular and large); they both use the same default docking-node transform name, and only a single will function.

Generally I would just give it a go; the worst that could happen is that it doesn't work and you have to delete the part.

(Edit to note -- RCS ports generally work fine even with multiples, as the module that drives them is already multi-transform aware)

For many parts using one of each unique part will be okay - EXCEPT in cases where they used the same transform or animation name in both parts (which is quite a few stock parts). E.g. if the deploy animation for two antennas is both named 'deploy', only one of them will function. Or if two different solar panels use the same deploy animation name or the same suncatcher or pivot names, again only one will function. The best example I can think of is probably the two standard stock docking ports (regular and large); they both use the same default docking-node transform name, and only a single will function.

Generally I would just give it a go; the worst that could happen is that it doesn't work and you have to delete the part.

(Edit to note -- RCS ports generally work fine even with multiples, as the module that drives them is already multi-transform aware)

So, if I weld together 4 static solar panels, there shouldn't be a problem? And to confirm, 4 of the same type of antenna with the same transform will all deploy, but 2 of each will only deploy one type and not the other?

It doesn't create any parts, the parts folder isn't there, reloading the game won't show the parts because they where not created.

Please post a link to a ksp log after a welding. Then I can investigate it further.

So, if I weld together 4 static solar panels, there shouldn't be a problem? And to confirm, 4 of the same type of antenna with the same transform will all deploy, but 2 of each will only deploy one type and not the other?

Sadly that won't work, the solarpanels will only use the last part that was added as they use the same internal structures.

And the Antennas are animated, with the same modules, it will also not work.

Edited by Alewx

Negative, and negative. Go and read my post again.

Or..here are the relevant bits:

"For many parts using one of each unique part will be okay - EXCEPT in cases where they used the same transform or animation name in both parts (which is quite a few stock parts)." I guess I should have added the info to that exception that stated in those cases (of multi same-named transform/animation) that it will NOT work right (only one will function).

ONE of each unique part -might- work (e.g. one spot-light and one wide-angle light). Quite often though you will run into problems due to the model or module setup for those parts having conflicts (e.g. if those lights have their light-emitting object named the same, only one will work).

Two of each will NOT work properly (only one will function). Four of something will most definitely NOT work (again, only one will function).

Really though, I would just try it out and see what worked/did not work.

Negative, and negative. Go and read my post again.

Or..here are the relevant bits:

"For many parts using one of each unique part will be okay - EXCEPT in cases where they used the same transform or animation name in both parts (which is quite a few stock parts)." I guess I should have added the info to that exception that stated in those cases (of multi same-named transform/animation) that it will NOT work right (only one will function).

ONE of each unique part -might- work (e.g. one spot-light and one wide-angle light). Quite often though you will run into problems due to the model or module setup for those parts having conflicts (e.g. if those lights have their light-emitting object named the same, only one will work).

Two of each will NOT work properly (only one will function). Four of something will most definitely NOT work (again, only one will function).

Really though, I would just try it out and see what worked/did not work.

Thank you for the clarification.

I have version 2.2.0, archive date of the UbioWelding folder inside the archive is Aug, 5th, 2015, I downloaded it directly from the link in the OP...

I am running Manjaro Linux.

And I have to apologize, I meant the KWFlatAdapter3x1 not 2x1. Sorry for the typo.

I have taken an OctoPressurzedGirderAdapter from Near Future Construction as reference from which I know, that its dimensions do not get distorted after welding. Please have a look at the pictures (#1: Before welding, #2: after welding), On top of the reference is the FlatAdapter3x1, below a Chaka Crew Tunnel.

The original config files have the following lines:

#1: KWRocetry KWFlatadapter3x1

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFlatadapter3x1/KW_Struct_FlatAdapter31
scale = 0.66666, 0.66666, 0.66666
}
scale = 0.66666

#2: Chaka crew tunnel

MODEL
{
model = CMES/Structural/Kosmos_Balka_1_Tunnel/model
scale = 2.2, 1.5, 2.2
}

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

If I look into the cfg file from the welded part, all I see is a global "rescaleFactor = 1" in the part section. If look into the model descrption, I see only:

MODEL
{
position = 0, 3.408, 0
}
MODEL
{
position = 0, -1.116, 0
}

But it should read

MODEL
{
position = 0, 3.408, 0
}
MODEL
{
scale = 2.2, 1.5, 2.2
position = 0, -1.116, 0
}

When I alter the config file from the welded part manually to the said corrections, the welded part does not look distorted any more. Everything is fine.

Here are the pics:

zVWypwS.jpg

GB5XfgJ.jpg

Edited by Carraux

1. The welded part don't appear in carreer mode (AllowCarreerMode<true> in config file).

2. when I weld multi air intake or air intake and fuel tank, the welded part is like this. Are these bug, sir?

tW7HsPegPXXMwZ4NtXRzgojHJvIFSRuu31NzjqC-M275OPxQN4RgcZ_lchi7iQKTRWJlN7TqRQNTizEcly8PaVaQf0gmqHsABTAkoUCI7XdCI4_9_2i1osDetMKk2683EnByQrtDcYINgxFWlthmm3nQH0pa0HKc0bWVAIVEvN2lGaPlgOZYjMo7nUyFOIw1UdAw55nrFnaU_hv1JfDwKI9QZyaV_a6LqNJ4wHsrVxPUtGUP7zYt8jhSQMOgzXtyNiCdEY1hOXvZ9oYGTY4anwoDP11jHK8Kwk_GZQoEC1rH213opUOs8oxkKawfYzlVzVktWi9qbrXNOsJhe1j1UMPjd3HDSsoCYEMuv8JYsLEqabvA_mDLcfG5rgB99wZiNLkVLqH-1yhnoOewaWDiZQrTgWFmUfRzWZL7C9yQFkuSLvXSiPhv9ka8wl_lNWeZMWSxZQMtmkVpb51vhaWjDdqXOEl7PGGXuIFvvEwNASkbHLsx64-yauK_4RM5C8ksx7LY4WARoqwQg1866RPDXbsHVKFuYyIL1mOYB6FkvMg=w1679-h944-no

Hi,

I think your posted icon is broken.

The appearance of the welded part is depending on its assigned tech.

AllowCarreerMode<true> puh man that is really old stuff, will need to look that up after the RSS stuff.

The original config files have the following lines:

#1: KWRocetry KWFlatadapter3x1

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
}
scale = 0.66666

#2: Chaka crew tunnel

MODEL
{
scale = 2.2, 1.5, 2.2
}

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

If I look into the cfg file from the welded part, all I see is a global "rescaleFactor = 1" in the part section. If look into the model descrption, I see only:

MODEL
{
position = 0, 3.408, 0
}
MODEL
{
position = 0, -1.116, 0
}

But it should read

MODEL
{
position = 0, 3.408, 0
}
MODEL
{
scale = 2.2, 1.5, 2.2
position = 0, -1.116, 0
}

When I alter the config file from the welded part manually to the said corrections, the welded part does not look distorted any more. Everything is fine.

Here are the pics:

http://i.imgur.com/zVWypwS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GB5XfgJ.jpg

THANK YOU. So much. This is exactly the bug I was coming to see if there was a solution to - I realize this is one of those outside-the-box mods that's bug prone, but I'm very happy for what it does to my part counts so far! But I was having this very issue with a stock Mk1 Structural Fuselage. I had been trying different root parts and re-making the thing to no avail.

I'm not afraid of tweaking configs, but without your post here I wouldn't have known what to look for. So following this example I was able to find the scale line in Squad's part file, and apply it manually to the instances of that part in my weld.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Just curious, are those docking ports welded? You can only have one docking port in a welded part.

Nope. The center section and 1:3 adapters are a large weld, all the docking ports were tacked onto the weld after; since its general purpose is to dock tons of stuff to it, that's kindof unavoidable, but I do read the warnings about what NOT to use UbioWelding for. :)

I can make the option that is currently causing problems optional in the settings, as a temporary fix.

If you mean that adding the "scale" prefix to the config please do.

Thanks for the continuation of this mod.

So, I've just started trying this mod out, and hit an issue. I've read thru the first 15 pgs, and the last few of this thread, and cant find anything similar to my issue. I'm kind of at a loss...

I AM running heavily modded, but I've double checked the OP for incompatabilities, and I (think) I understand what can/can not be welded.

Anyway, I've welded a station core together (mostly just pods, modules, & adapters to join them)...When I load the part, the right-click menu disappears (as in no longer shows up at all), until I leave the VAB, then comes back when I re-enter...

Does this sound familiar to anyone?...This is v2.2.0, and I'm running KSP 1.0.4 Linux 64bit...

EDIT: Oh, and struts dont seem to save with the weldments for me?

Edited by Stone Blue