'MechJeb2 Loaded Incorrectly and will not run properly'

I am getting an error message that MechJeb 2 isn't loaded correctly, although all I did was put the file in the gamedata folder and unzip (extract) its contents. I do have Kerbal Engineer loaded also; is this the issue? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated for this non-techie type. Thanks!

I am getting an error message that MechJeb 2 isn't loaded correctly, although all I did was put the file in the gamedata folder and unzip (extract) its contents. I do have Kerbal Engineer loaded also; is this the issue? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated for this non-techie type. Thanks!

in your "gamedata" folder, do you see a folder for "MechJeb2" ? which should have 3 folders in it, for icons,parts and plugins ?

I *do* have a folder for MechJeb2, with icons, parts & plug ins. And I have MechJeb parts showing as available in the VAB, but haven't tried to use them yet. Guess I will - thanks! :) I don't care about the error message as long as it works, LOL. The thought of trying to land a spaceplane on a runway manually with my keyboard is pretty intimidating...

...The thought of trying to land a spaceplane on a runway manually with my keyboard is pretty intimidating...

"Hey, Jeb! You up for a challenge?"

Everything is intimidating the first time around. Remember your first landing on Minimus, or the Mun? If you can now do those without MechJeb, landing on the runway will be too someday.

you could also try moving the .zip out of that directory, into somewhere else. it might be that the program is spotting that zip and thinks it shouldn't be there, so gives you the error message, even though it works.

"Hey, Jeb! You up for a challenge?"

Everything is intimidating the first time around. Remember your first landing on Minimus, or the Mun? If you can now do those without MechJeb, landing on the runway will be too someday.

Well...I'm still pretty much a rookie. I've landed on the Mun once so far (no autopilot, of course), and it was white-knuckle all the way, but very satisfying to achieve. Tonight or tomorrow I hope to pull off orbital rendezvous for the 1st AND 2nd times in the same flight - one to rescue a Kerbal on EVA, and the other to dock with another capsule that's been in LKO for 16 game days :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.