Zooming in the VAB?

Hmm that's strange, they should work, maybe we should try to find out why they are broken for you as there are no other controls available.

What usually happens is the bindings get messed up, and deleting the settings.cfg will cause KSP to generate a new one, resetting all the values including the controls.

If that does not help then maybe something is taking keyboard focus and preventing shift or + and - from working in the editor.

Are you using a Mac? Apple keyboards are a little strange, also different language settings could be a cause, I hear a lot of players have trouble with Azerty keyboards.

Well I think with Macs, the function keys and others are set to work a bit differently to a Windows or Linux PC, don't you have to toggle them so they act as F1 to F12? This may be why the - and + keys are not working but shouldn't be true for the Shift key.

I suggest you try rebinding the scroll_view_up and scroll_view_down keys in the Input settings, Shift does not appear to be rebindable in the editor.

Hi,

I'm running on a Mac as well. Vanilla install, no mods, so all the key bindings should be on default. I'll have a poke around tonight and see if I can help. In the meantime it sounds like we're using the same keyboard, but what mouse are you using?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.