[0.90] Kerbol Minor Bodies (1.3)

Nicholander

I haven't decided the pack's name, but it will only add 1 planet (Colas), which is a GP2, but with a sort of twist: It orbits between Duna and Jool, in an orbit similar to that of Dres, and it explains why there's no other bodies in Kerbol's asteroid belt. (They're all pulled into orbit around Colas) Colas itself will have some rings, and 3 or 4 moons.

EDIT: I think I'll release it sometime this week.

I'm running this with OPM and OP+. So far so good, all seems to be running smoothly and not too RAM heavy, which is good.

Are you planning any new bodies?

I was wondering about this too.

And also have you had any progress with giving Zem-Po a tail? There has been at least one planet mod... New Kerbol? Or something like that... that had a comet with a tail. It wasn't dynamic and didn't disappear at the Apkelion but it was really cool.

I know how to add a tail to Zem-Po.

You need to go in KittopiaTech, select Zem-Po, select "Add particle system".

Then, you choose the sun as target object, and you put a NEGATIVE speed scale. It will make the tail go away from the sun instead of going toward it.

I'm aware of KittopiaTech's particle system, but I'm just not that happy with it. First, it's a bit too complicated, with all these decays rates and particle amount settings that I don't understand, and, secondly, the tail will still be there even when Zem-Po is at it's apoapsis.

Instead of a super Moho, why not something that looks like Kepler 10b, with an entire ocean of lava on the sunward side (that is, if it is even possible to add an ocean to a world).