KSP cost per hour

Captain Sierra

This question was asked in the chat while watching Kofey stream Space Engineers: how much is an hour of KSP worth for you?

Simple equation really.

purchase price / hours logged = cost per hour

My answer: I bought KSP when it was $23 USD and I just passed the 700 hour mark. An hour of KSP for me costs 3.3 cents.

Yall are welcome to post your answers in whatever currency you like, such as Euro, GBP, USD, but please state which currency its in so people can convert. I'm curious to see who has the cheapest cost of an hour of KSP.

I do not know and do not want to know. I have used several hundreds of hours since version 0.18.0. Cost per hour is nothing. They say that tere is not good and cheap things in this world, but I think that KSP is.

But let us hope that nobody here have divorced because KSP addicion. It would be very expensive fun.

You could make this a poll. Personally, I am very close to yours. I bought it at $25 (CAD) which at the time was about par with USD. I am about 685 hours in, so $0.0365 (CAD)

I figured the answers would be far too diverse to capture accurately in a finite quantity of choices so that is why I did not do a poll.

And nice. the CAD-USD exchange rate has been crazy since the last time I checked it so I had to look up exactly what that converted to. You're cheaper than me by almost half a cent. :D

€23 / 1884 = 0.012208067940552

€21.99 / 1884 = 0.011671974522293 (checked my steam invoices, turns out I payed a little less than I thought)

So basically, nearly free at this point.

Edited by pxi

Glad to see this thread. When I buy a Steam game, I judge whether or not it was worth it based on hours compared to cash spent. If I play for more than an hour for every dollar spent, it's worth it.

I bought KSP for 15$, and have about 200 hours since just before .24 (when I moved it to Steam), so it's obviously been worthwhile many times over.

Games are cheap, price-wise. With the exception of pay-per-month/time games like MMOPRGs and pay-to-win pay-per-perk models, they will usually compare favorably with other entertainment choices like movies.

But for COST you also need to consider opportunity cost - whether your KSP play time impinges on the time for other things you WANT to do (or SHOULD do!) is much harder to quantify.

i'm in the don't wanna know crowd. i was at 500 hrs when i stopped using the steam client to start (just use shortcut to folder for OpenGL). so my counter is still reading just shy of 500 hrs. i've easily logged as many hours since beta dropped.

Same. Less that a penny per hour I think.

Unless you got the game well before you joined the forum, that would mean you've played KSP at least 3 hours every single day since you got it. If that's the case... um, maybe you should play something else occasionally too? :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.