What is "Project V"?

Parkaboy

I'm going to stay with "Project Valentina" - we know that it's an important name; short of "Yuri" or possibly "Alan" there's few names as important. We should have one Girlbal in an orange suit - Valentina - and all the others in grey suits. No more, no less. No funny colours or anything to make them different.

Just like everybody else!

- - - Updated - - -

(And their skin should be green and the hair black, just because, well... green and black IS kerbal)

It's the worst suggestion about girbals i've heard.

not necessarily. In The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Female orcs generally have a lighter green skin than their male counterparts.

Quite a few birds such as Pheasants, Peacocks, Mallards, and also many different fish all exhibit sexual dimorphisim in the form of coloring/ornimental differences. Nothing says female kerbals have to look the same as the males.

I think Kerbals having sexual dimorphism would be very interesting. It could be their color or their size. I dont think psychological and behavioral differentiation would fit the scope of the game, but differing appearences would be interesting.

Are kerbals similar to most reptiles, where the females are larger? How do they attract mates? How do they reproduce?

In no species are both sexes the same.

Edited by r4pt0r

not necessarily. In The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Female orcs generally have a lighter green skin than their male counterparts.

Quite a few birds such as Pheasants, Peacocks, Mallards, and also many different fish all exhibit sexual dimorphisim in the form of coloring/ornimental differences. Nothing says female kerbals have to look the same as the males.

I think Kerbals having sexual dimorphism would be very interesting. It could be their color or their size. I dont think psychological and behavioral differentiation would fit the scope of the game, but differing appearences would be interesting.

Are kerbals similar to most reptiles, where the females are larger? How do they attract mates? How do they reproduce?

Why can't they just not attract males and just stick to being lovable idiots who go to other planets and nothing more?

Jeez, it was just a suggestion, no need for hate comments here. And trust me, I've heard worse

I'm giving my honest opinion on the matter. There really is no need to get defensive.

@r4ptor I'm not against dimorphism in colour, but pink? I think that that will be poorly received by women, as well a men who don't like casual sexism. (like me!)

@r4ptor I'm not against dimorphism in colour, but pink? I think that that will be poorly received by women, as well a men who don't like casual sexism. (like me!)

yeah, pink would be bad(any percived sexisim aside, it would just look gaudy lol), shades of green would be preferred.

<face palm>

Never thought that Squad would cave to the ridiculous public pressure to have "females" of an alien species that could have been hermaphrodites for all we know.

Cheers to the community for pressuring Squad to waste their time on a non issue. Personally, I was hoping for the Van Allen radiation belt to be implemented in some way, but I guess we get "Valentina" instead :P

Edited by FlowerChild

Excellent, good call by Squad! It's right and proper that they're in the game, and frankly the alien species can be whatever they want to define, because it's their game. Judgement is still reserved until I see the models, of course

Never thought that Squad would cave to the ridiculous public pressure to have "females" of an alien species that could have been hermaphrodites for all we know.
The names, though made-up mishmashes, have all been distinctly male and of English origin. That's good evidence the Kerbals we've had are intended as male.