Attitude Controls locked up

Switched to a long dormant probe tonight as it's nearing it's destination and found I couldn't induce it to, well, move. At first I thought it was battery drain and I could just wait for the gigantors to fill the battery back up, but the battery was full. Could do everything else on the probe...retract the panels, use the science instruments, fire up the ion drive, etc, but not even a twitch when I tried to steer it, though the indicators on the lower left did react to inputs.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Edited by Captain Vlad

What probe core are you using? A couple of the smaller probe cores don't actually have any torque -- while they do have SAS, they'll need a dedicated reaction wheel part in order to be able to rotate the ship at all.

What probe core are you using? A couple of the smaller probe cores don't actually have any torque -- while they do have SAS, they'll need a dedicated reaction wheel part in order to be able to rotate the ship at all.

The Okto that doesn't have any torque, apparently. Did that change in the most recent patch? I never had any trouble steering the thing before; it was sluggish, but it'd turn.

No, I'm fairly sure that one has torque... unless you mean the OKTO2 -- the new, flatter version of the OKTO, which doesn't have torque. The only other one I know for sure doesn't have torque is the tiny rectangular one.

I was out of time warp, but thanks. I do that a lot too, along with not realizing I'd left a rover's brakes on.;)

I knew the Stayputnik had lost its torque. Didn't know about the Okto2. The probe had been on its way to Duna before .90 dropped, and I was just now nearing the encounter when I went to check on it. So false alarm as far as a game technical problem is concerned. Sorry about that.

Periapsis was 412 K. So it was at least close enough for some cool screenshots.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.