Diablo 3

Mojavi-Viper

Are you going to play Diablo 3?  

2,032 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to play Diablo 3?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have never step foot off Kerbin, I am not aware of this sorcery you speak of.

I am sure I am not the only one excited about Diablo 3 coming out May 15. I played a TON of Diablo 2, probably more hours in that game than WOW and SWTOR combined. I loved playing the Necromancer. I played the open beta over the weekend and I was afraid that it would not deliver the same enjoyment of Diablo 2, but after playing a couple of hours, I now see the light. I simply cannot wait for this game to come out, anyone else?

I can\'t believe its actually coming out at long last. I am very eager to see what the newest version will look like. It\'s odd, but I\'ve never considered it a ground breaking game, or even a particularly great game, but something about it is just amazingly fun (and no I am not calling the Diablo games \'bad\' or anything like that, that\'s crazy talk).

I too started with a necromancer (in fact my original character was named Randox, and I keep using the name to carry on the line, sort of like my own personal Enterprise). My true class though are the Barbarians.

Also, since D3 won\'t have the necromancer class, I might not name any of my characters Randox anymore. Randox has always been the name bestowed to my best necromancer. Might make a witch doctor named Parandox though, in honor of the old legacy.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I will wait for it to be out. What sets this game out from the other diablo\'s? Will I like it? Will there be any major backlash to it? Will the Real ID thing get solved? All questions need to be answered before I will buy it (I never preorder anything unless 1. I have played a demo of it or 2. This game has been released and any problems solved or 3. it doesn\'t appear on the game sites I watch (gamersgate, Steam and GOG, or the brick and mortar EB Games, but only that in the case that Steam or GamersGate doesn\'t have it).

My heart says Yes!

My poverty-stricken wallet says No!

No it is.

I am actually in pretty much the same boat you are in. I want to get it but to be honest I might not be able to afford it for a while.

I will wait for it to be out. What sets this game out from the other diablo\'s? Will I like it? Will there be any major backlash to it? Will the Real ID thing get solved? All questions need to be answered before I will buy it (I never preorder anything unless 1. I have played a demo of it or 2. This game has been released and any problems solved or 3. it doesn\'t appear on the game sites I watch (gamersgate, Steam and GOG, or the brick and mortar EB Games, but only that in the case that Steam or GamersGate doesn\'t have it).

Does battle.net not work in Europe? (I\'m a stupid American =P)

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Does battle.net not work in Europe? (I\'m a stupid American =P)

I would have no idea, as I am a New Zealander (thus, on the other side of the world, and I don\'t usually play Silicon & Synapse games.

• 3 weeks later...

Most games with this popularity have issues like this at launch. Could it have been better? Yes. Could it have been worse? Hell yes. People really don\'t realize what launching a game of this magnitude is like. I\'ve been on hand, as staff mind you, for a few big name game launches and they all had issues in one way or another. It\'s just when you have massive player base, the number of people experiencing issues seems larger but it\'s the same percentage wise. Most people don\'t say anything when it\'s working, only when they experience issues.

I\'ve been having a blast playing solo and with my buddy. Yes, we\'ve run into login issues, I got kicked out of our game last night and my buddy didn\'t, then I couldn\'t log back in. No biggie, we both went on to do something else and will get back to it tonight. I\'ve complete confidence that Blizzard will tweak and patch the game to alleviate any issues.

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

I know blizzard will release a quality game, its blizzard. It is just aggravating to wait on servers for a single player game, thats all. I have been having fun playing with my buddies. Right now I am waiting for the servers to restart, only reason I am here right now, haha.

Not interested in D3 for quite a few reasons:

-RealID

-Always-on DRM

-Need to be able to connect to their servers to play even single-player

-No LAN support

-RMT AH (which existed unofficially in D1/D2, although Blizzard didn\'t get a cut and there was a chance of being cheated out of your money/items)

-No modding allowed

-Costs $60

Yeah. I just pre-ordered Torchlight 2, which doesn\'t have any of those problems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.