Build the biggest airplane (that can land)

I can see that those large wings are the only thing allowing it to fly so slow.

yeah .. did try do get alot of more load on the plane to see what it culd take .. it can liftof with almost 3 times tha mass it have now :) did need more engines tho :)

Ok than, I will set you in the leaderbords, congratulations.

Nice :) dont know exact how big it is but will try to make bigger later on :) its hard tho , the computer is limeting my plane size :)

P.s my nick is spelled Diio not DIOO ;>

Was able to slap some more wings onto it to form the Ultratanker 10000. It can grow in length, if need be.

15ojf.jpg

z9CYo.jpg

VO980.jpg

And can it land? Please pics of the landing. If it\'s not can land Diio will be 1st in the leaderbords and you will be second and not anymore first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel so impotent compared to the one above me. It lags too much to fly effectively but it IS stable and could land if I had the patience to do it. Here's my entry for what it's worth:

zbgW5.jpg

Will post the .craft file if anyone is interested in actually flying it.

Edited by Mindofscience3

Aha, a thread that finally meets my type of building criteria!

Now, I'm not one for weird design types. Masses of engines? No. Random shaped wings? No. I like my Aircraft to look like... aircraft.

My True Submission: (There are currently about 9 or 10 different variations of this model dotted around different oceanic Islands around Kerbin. This MK III slightly larger than the rest of my Phoenix Classes, but it doesn't have the best cruise altitude. Here it is. this model in particular will reach the other side of the planet, and it is the most stable because of the tail formation, especially in landings.)

61CE628628082B67ED2526F02ADE585B915520E6

8777518721C41C77EA72820171FC0CF94872AFA9

Landed here :D

CD55F5F4E93175D7D24968A68C5F82FB62A59C86

49BF49B5BEEE87A17C280FFD83C26067817692CB

As an added bonus, i tried to create this. Now this aircraft I think would work. Why? Because its exactly the same weight to lift ratio as the previous. Why can't I get it airborne? 1 FPS. But enjoy it anyway, I've created it so i may as well share it!

32FF98CA7CC6A3CAEC9B95235047E61551F412C4

3446FA8D57E40F6E59E25C2F7C95760BD30CE85F

Edited by Nuclear_Hamster
Forgot to Include a Landed Picture!

I feel so impotent compared to the one above me. It lags too much to fly effectively but it IS stable and could land if I had the patience to do it. Here's my entry for what it's worth:

-Snip-

Will post the .craft file if anyone is interested in actually flying it.

Not follow the rules, so no entry.

Aha, a thread that finally meets my type of building criteria!

Now, I'm not one for weird design types. Masses of engines? No. Random shaped wings? No. I like my Aircraft to look like... aircraft.

My True Submission: (There are currently about 9 or 10 different variations of this model dotted around different oceanic Islands around Kerbin. This MK III slightly larger than the rest of my Phoenix Classes, but it doesn't have the best cruise altitude. Here it is. this model in particular will reach the other side of the planet, and it is the most stable because of the tail formation, especially in landings.)

-snip-

-snip-

As an added bonus, i tried to create this. Now this aircraft I think would work. Why? Because its exactly the same weight to lift ratio as the previous. Why can't I get it airborne? 1 FPS. But enjoy it anyway, I've created it so i may as well share it!

-snip-

-snip-

Congratulations! Your number 2 on the leaderbords.

• 1 month later...

AS promised here are my two largest working planes, it all started trying to see how far I could fly buy lifting as much fuel / weight into the air as possible. The first one (The HP74) has had countless variations including a massive 5 winged model that was too laggy to effectively fly. It only just takes off before hitting the water, but is super easy to land. The first one had 9x LV-T30 motors and only hit 88 meters a second on takeoff, since then it's been modified to run less engines "with more power" for less laggy performance on my computer.

The other plane was to see just how big I could make a plane (The HP1974) it weighs 100's of units "no idea how you guys figure out weight in pounds or size in feet etc" Im pretty sure it has to have the widest wingspan ever to fly, which by the way is quite unnerving to maneuver with:sealed:. It takes off and flys much better then the smaller HP74, but is harder to land, I'll play tonight and upload a landed shot of it.

When these were built I was unaware of this forum or anyone else's biggest planes it amuses me how differently I approached this problem with no idea on how to go about doing it:cool:.

HP74

810.jpg

it_fly10.jpg

landed10.jpg

HP1974

610.jpg

310.jpg

untitl10.jpg

Edited by Hammer Bridges
SP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.