[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

Is the ocean showing up when the terrain loads? The only time oceans have showed up in my scaled space exports is when there are oceans visible. If you want to raise or lower the terrain, I suggest using the offset variable.

Yes, I can see the ocean when the terrain loads. Thou I have not landed near the ocean yet so I'm not fully sure. Also, I want the ground to look like that of the Mun, but right now the ground is the sand dunes of Laythe

Edited by timandy1

Did you actually want an ocean in the planet? If not change the template to duna, if you did, adjust the heightmap offset to raise/lower the terrain to suit

But isn't Duna hardcoded with its atmosphere? Aeolus in my Odysseus planet pack has a template of Duna, and when ever terrain loads the entire moon goes red. But that was in the old Kopericus, and maybe that's changed in this version.

I tried using duna as a template, but when i updated the scaledspace the planet looked exactly like Duna! Also, my kerbals can walk right thru the ocean as if it wasent there

Here are my kittopia and kopernicus configs for bruno: (note my config is based on a tutorial config)

PlanetBruno

{

AdditionalData

{

Stock = False

AddAtmoFx = False

AddOceanFx = False

OceanLoadTextures = False

UnlitOcean = False

ModScaledAtmoShader = False

AddRings = False

AddParticles = False

DisableOrbitRenderer = False

}

CelestialBody

{

atmosphereContainsOxygen = False //self explanatory, allows jet engines to work

pressureMultiplier = 1 //how thick the atmosphere is at sea level

altitudeMultiplier = 1 //how quickly does the atmosphere get thinner with altitude (higher number = thicker)

atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier = 1 //does nothing, I think

atmosphereMultiplier = 1 //set this the same as pressureMultiplier

maxAtmosphereAltitude = 60000 //determines what the game says is the atmosphere height (in meters)

atmosphereScaleHeight = 5 //actually determines atmosphere height (Kerbin is 5, Duna is 3, Eve is 7. Decimals are allowed but not shown in game)

ocean = False //self explanatory

}

PQS

{

PQSMod_HeightColorMap

{

modEnabled = False

}

PQSCity

{

modEnabled = False

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightMap

{

heightMap = GameData/PlanetPack/Textures/Bruno_height.png //Replace this with your file path

heightMapDeformity = 4000 //how tall should the highest mountains be?

heightMapOffset = -800 //If your planet has oceans, set this to a negative number. Play around until you get it right

scaleDeformityByRadius = False

}

PQSMod_VertexColorMap

{

vertexColorMap = GameData/PlanetPack/Textures/Bruno_map.png //Replace this with your file path

}

PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeight

{

seed = 101274 //change this to any random number

deformity = 300 //how bumpy do you want the ground to be

octaves = 8 //how small do you want the bumps to be

persistence = 0.5 //don't know what these do, you can try changing them and see what happens

frequency = 12

}

PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute

{

seed = 637926 //change this to any random number

deformity = 100 //how bumpy do you want the ground to be

octaves = 3 //how small do you want the bumps to be

persistence = 0.5 //don't know what these do, you can try changing them and see what happens

frequency = 0.8

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise

{

deformity = 300 //Height of dunes or rolling hills on your planet. Looks good on Laythe or Kerbin like planets

}

PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightMap

{

modEnabled = False

}

PQSMod_QuadEnhanceCoast

{

modEnabled = False //if you want to, set this to true on an ocean planet. You don't need it otherwise

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightNoiseVertHeight

{

modEnabled = False //don't know exactly what this does. It is another type of small-scale terrain bumpiness

}

PQSMod_AltitudeAlpha

{

atmosphereDepth = 60000 //How tall the atmosphere looks, how quickly atmospheric color appears as you go down towards the surface

modEnabled = True

}

}

}

My kopernicus Config for the entire planet pack:

@Kopernicus

{

Body

{

name = Azuli //change to the name of your planet

flightGlobalsIndex = 1233 //change to any number, not too big. Avoid numbers used by other planet packs

Template

{

name = Jool //all gas giants use Jool as template

}

Properties

{

description = This planet has swirly clouds and rings. Nice to look at but explosive to try to land on! Change this text to whatever you want.

radius = 6000000 //Jool has radius 6000000

geeASL = 0.8 //surface gravity, Jool has 0.8. Keep in mind that since the planet is bigger, orbital velocity will be too.

ScienceValues //Higher values mean more science. Increase these for planets that are hard to reach.

{

flyingLowDataValue = 25 //big reward for flying low at a gas giant. Just a suggestion

flyingHighDataValue = 14

inSpaceLowDataValue = 12

inSpaceHighDataValue = 11

recoveryValue = 11

flyingAltitudeThreshold = 100000 //limit between "flying at TutGasGiant" and "TutGasGiant's upper atmosphere"

spaceAltitudeThreshold = 3500000 //limit between "space near TutGasGiant" and "space high above TutGasGiant"

}

}

Orbit

{

referenceBody = Sun //what body does it orbit? DO NOT write Kerbol, the sun is called Sun in game. All other bodies use their names.

inclination = 3.5 //inclination in degrees

eccentricity = 0.01 //set this very close to zero for gas giants.

semiMajorAxis = 68773560320 //how far the planet is from the sun. This number is Jool's

longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0 //change to whatever you want

argumentOfPeriapsis = 0 //change to whatever you want

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0 //Determines where the planet starts at day 0. Probably don't change

epoch = 0 //Determines where the planet starts at day 0. Probably don't change

color = 0.35,0.325,0.3,1.0 //RGB color of the orbit line

}

Atmosphere

{

ScaleHeight = 10 //same as Kittopia for all of these

ContainsOxygen = False

maxAltitude = 150000

Multiplier = 22

TemperatureMultiplier = 22

lightColor = 0.70, 0.675, 0.65, 1.00 //(1 divided by color) of the atmosphere at the surface. Lower numbers mean more of that color. RGB

ambientColor = 0.45, 0.525, 0.30, 1.00 //RGB of color the atmosphere shines on flying spaceships.

}

ScaledVersion

{

Material

{

texture = PlanetPack/Textures/Azuli_map //change to your file path. Don't include "GameData/" or ".png"

Gradient //atmospheric gradient in map view. 0.0 is surface, 1.0 is edge of space

{

0.0 = 0.35,0.325,0.30,1

0.6 = 0.09,0.08,0.07,1

1.0 = 0.02,0.015,0.01,1

}

rimPower = 3 //Higher for thicker atmospheres

rimBlend = 0.3 //don't change

}

}

}

Body

{

name = Bruno //change to the name of your planet

flightGlobalsIndex = 1234 //change to any number, not too big. Avoid numbers used by other planet packs

Template

{

name = Laythe //Don't change this! Duna and Eve have hard coded colors, so they make bad templates. Use Laythe even if your planet doesn't have oceans.

}

Properties

{

description = The description is what shows up in the information box in map view. Change this text to whatever you want.

radius = 500000 //How big is the planet? Laythe is 500000, keeping this number makes clouds easier to use

geeASL = 0.8 //Gravity at sea level. Kerbin is 1, of course

timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 60000 60000 60000 100000 200000 400000 800000 //altitudes that time warp can be used at, in meters. Time warps are x1, x5, x10, x50, x100, x1000, x10000, and x100000

ScienceValues //Higher values mean more science. Increase these for planets that are hard to reach or to land on, return from.

{

landedDataValue = 10 //Duna = 8, Laythe = 14

flyingLowDataValue = 9 //Duna = 5, Laythe = 11

flyingHighDataValue = 8.5 //Duna = 5, Laythe = 10

inSpaceLowDataValue = 8 //Duna = 7, Laythe = 9

inSpaceHighDataValue = 7.5 //Duna = 5, Laythe = 8

recoveryValue = 8

flyingAltitudeThreshold = 20000 //limit between "flying at TutPlanetAtmosphere" and "TutPlanetAtmosphere's upper atmosphere"

spaceAltitudeThreshold = 200000 //limit between "space near TutPlanetAtmosphere" and "space high above TutPlanetAtmosphere"

}

}

Orbit

{

referenceBody = Sun //what body does it orbit? DO NOT write Kerbol, the sun is called Sun in game. All other bodies use their names.

color = 0.5,0.5,0.5,1 //RGB color of the orbit line

inclination = 0.5 //inclination in degrees

eccentricity = 0.03 //eccentricity of orbit, don't set this higher than 0.1 especially for large planets

semiMajorAxis = 26599840256 //how far the planet is from the sun. This number is Kerbin's

longitudeOfAscendingNode = 60 //change to whatever you want

argumentOfPeriapsis = 25 //change to whatever you want

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0 //Determines where the planet starts at day 0. Probably don't change

}

ScaledVersion

{

Material

{

texture = PlanetPack/Textures/Bruno_map //change to your file path. Don't include "GameData/" or ".png"

normals = PlanetPack/Textures/Bruno_normal //change to your file path. Don't include "GameData/" or ".png"

Gradient //atmospheric gradient in map view. 0.0 is surface, 1.0 is edge of space

{

0.0 = 0.80,0.70,0.65,1

0.6 = 0.10,0.08,0.08,1

1.0 = 0.02,0.02,0.01,1

}

rimPower = 1 //Higher for thicker atmospheres

}

}

Atmosphere

{

ScaleHeight = 5 //same as in Kittopia

ContainsOxygen = False //same as in Kittopia

maxAltitude = 60000 //same as in Kittopia

Multiplier = 1 //same as in Kittopia

lightColor = 0.68, 0.70, 0.75, 1.00 //(1 divided by color) of the atmosphere at the surface. Lower numbers mean more of that color. RGB

ambientColor = 0.35, 0.325, 0.30, 1.00 //RGB of color the atmosphere shines on landed/flying spaceships.

}

}

Body

{

name = Aster

flightGlobalsIndex = 1235 //Don't forget to make this number different from your other planets!

Template

{

name = Tylo //keep this for any moon or planet with a heightmap and no atmosphere

}

Properties

{

description = TutLargeMoon could be a planet, too, if that planet didn't have an atmosphere. Change this text to whatever you want.

radius = 300000

geeASL = 0.5

ScienceValues

{

landedDataValue = 10

inSpaceLowDataValue = 9

inSpaceHighDataValue = 8.5

recoveryValue = 9

spaceAltitudeThreshold = 80000

}

}

Orbit

{

referenceBody = Azuli //you can have your moons orbiting your planets

color = 1,1,1,1

inclination = 0.3

eccentricity = 0.05

semiMajorAxis = 12000000 //this is the Mun's SMA

longitudeOfAscendingNode = 60

argumentOfPeriapsis = 25

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0

epoch = 0

}

ScaledVersion

{

Material

{

texture = PlanetPack/Textures/Aster_map

normals = PlanetPack/Textures/Aster_normal

}

}

}

Body

{

name = Bean

flightGlobalsIndex = 1236

Template

{

name = Gilly //keep this as is, other small moons (Minmus, Dres, Bop, Pol) use different height characteristics

}

Properties

{

description = If you squint really really hard in your telescope, you can see it. Change this text to whatever you want.

radius = 20000 //You can have a really tiny asteroid if you want. Kopernicus will still work if this number is as low as 100 meters

geeASL = 0.04 //don't set this too low, or the body will have an SOI that's too small. Gilly = 0.03

tidallyLocked = True //If the same side of the moon always faces the body it's orbiting, it's tidally locked. Examples include the Moon in real life, and the Mun in KSP.

ScienceValues

{

landedDataValue = 12

inSpaceLowDataValue = 10

inSpaceHighDataValue = 9.5

recoveryValue = 10

spaceAltitudeThreshold = 15000

}

}

Orbit

{

referenceBody = Azuli //You can also add moons to the stock planets, for example, Jool.

color = 0.9,0.8,0.7,1

inclination = 20 //Don't be afraid to set high inclinations or eccentricities for asteroids, this makes them more of a challenge to get to!

eccentricity = 0.1

semiMajorAxis = 150000000 //this is about twice Bop's SMA.

longitudeOfAscendingNode = 55

argumentOfPeriapsis = 0

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0

epoch = 0

}

ScaledVersion

{

Material

{

texture = PlanetPack/Textures/Bean_map

normals = PlanetPack/Textures/Bean_normal

}

}

}

}

Edited by timandy1

I can probably have a look at your config when I get home from work, see what the issue is. But next time please use a code or spoiler on the configs, as they take up a lot of space.

Looks like the person tried. There's a bracketed \spoiler and spoiler at the beginning and end of the log. To be fair. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also how compatible is this currently with 1.0.2?

Looks like the person tried. There's a bracketed \spoiler and spoiler at the beginning and end of the log. To be fair. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also how compatible is this currently with 1.0.2?

It works, however when playing career mode, I noticed that whenever I recovered a vessel it was always 957km away form KSC, effectively leaving it at only 54% value.;.;

• 2 weeks later...
It works, however when playing career mode, I noticed that whenever I recovered a vessel it was always 957km away form KSC, effectively leaving it at only 54% value.;.;

Mine are always 946.5 km away. Even with StageRecovery and/or other bases from KerbinSide, it's still the same spot.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to uninstall it, because my space station and all my commsats get deleted.

Edited by Shalashalska

Until Kopernicus adds an ingame UI for editing PQS components, this mod remains relevant. And the particle system thingy in KittopiaTech has yet to be integrated into Kopernicus, so that's one more reason this mod is still relevant.

Don't demoralise Gravitasi with sayings like that, as he is the only person to ever show an interest, and skill, in continuing my plugin.

i remember [h=2]KittopiaTech[/h] i have rings jool and particles on the sun i really like it so much i have it back 0.90

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, I'm making a small fanmade moonpack for CaptRobau's Outer Planets Mod, and everything seems to work, except for one thing:

When I get close enough to my moons for scaledspace to disappear, the moon disappears completely. Even stranger, the surface is still there, just completely transparent.

Other than that, everything works fine. Does anyone know what's causing the surface to go invisible?

- - - Updated - - -

I tried using duna as a template, but when i updated the scaledspace the planet looked exactly like Duna! Also, my kerbals can walk right thru the ocean as if it wasent there

Here are my kittopia and kopernicus configs for bruno: (note my config is based on a tutorial config)

PlanetBruno

{

AdditionalData

{

Stock = False

AddAtmoFx = False

AddOceanFx = False

OceanLoadTextures = False

UnlitOcean = False

ModScaledAtmoShader = False

AddRings = False

AddParticles = False

DisableOrbitRenderer = False

}

CelestialBody

{

atmosphereContainsOxygen = False //self explanatory, allows jet engines to work

pressureMultiplier = 1 //how thick the atmosphere is at sea level

altitudeMultiplier = 1 //how quickly does the atmosphere get thinner with altitude (higher number = thicker)

atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier = 1 //does nothing, I think

atmosphereMultiplier = 1 //set this the same as pressureMultiplier

maxAtmosphereAltitude = 60000 //determines what the game says is the atmosphere height (in meters)

atmosphereScaleHeight = 5 //actually determines atmosphere height (Kerbin is 5, Duna is 3, Eve is 7. Decimals are allowed but not shown in game)

ocean = False //self explanatory

}

PQS

{

PQSMod_HeightColorMap

{

modEnabled = False

}

PQSCity

{

modEnabled = False

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightMap

{

heightMap = GameData/PlanetPack/Textures/Bruno_height.png //Replace this with your file path

heightMapDeformity = 4000 //how tall should the highest mountains be?

heightMapOffset = -800 //If your planet has oceans, set this to a negative number. Play around until you get it right

scaleDeformityByRadius = False

}

PQSMod_VertexColorMap

{

vertexColorMap = GameData/PlanetPack/Textures/Bruno_map.png //Replace this with your file path

}

PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeight

{

seed = 101274 //change this to any random number

deformity = 300 //how bumpy do you want the ground to be

octaves = 8 //how small do you want the bumps to be

frequency = 12

}

PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute

{

seed = 637926 //change this to any random number

deformity = 100 //how bumpy do you want the ground to be

octaves = 3 //how small do you want the bumps to be

frequency = 0.8

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise

{

deformity = 300 //Height of dunes or rolling hills on your planet. Looks good on Laythe or Kerbin like planets

}

PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightMap

{

modEnabled = False

}

PQSMod_QuadEnhanceCoast

{

modEnabled = False //if you want to, set this to true on an ocean planet. You don't need it otherwise

}

PQSMod_VertexHeightNoiseVertHeight

{

modEnabled = False //don't know exactly what this does. It is another type of small-scale terrain bumpiness

}

PQSMod_AltitudeAlpha

{

atmosphereDepth = 60000 //How tall the atmosphere looks, how quickly atmospheric color appears as you go down towards the surface

modEnabled = True

}

}

}

My kopernicus Config for the entire planet pack:

@Kopernicus

{

Body

{

name = Azuli //change to the name of your planet

flightGlobalsIndex = 1233 //change to any number, not too big. Avoid numbers used by other planet packs

Template

{

name = Jool //all gas giants use Jool as template

}

Properties

{

description = This planet has swirly clouds and rings. Nice to look at but explosive to try to land on! Change this text to whatever you want.

radius = 6000000 //Jool has radius 6000000

geeASL = 0.8 //surface gravity, Jool has 0.8. Keep in mind that since the planet is bigger, orbital velocity will be too.

ScienceValues //Higher values mean more science. Increase these for planets that are hard to reach.

{

flyingLowDataValue = 25 //big reward for flying low at a gas giant. Just a suggestion

flyingHighDataValue = 14

inSpaceLowDataValue = 12

inSpaceHighDataValue = 11

recoveryValue = 11

flyingAltitudeThreshold = 100000 //limit between "flying at TutGasGiant" and "TutGasGiant's upper atmosphere"

spaceAltitudeThreshold = 3500000 //limit between "space near TutGasGiant" and "space high above TutGasGiant"

}

}

Orbit

{

inclination = 3.5 //inclination in degrees

eccentricity = 0.01 //set this very close to zero for gas giants.

semiMajorAxis = 68773560320 //how far the planet is from the sun. This number is Jool's

longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0 //change to whatever you want

argumentOfPeriapsis = 0 //change to whatever you want

color = 0.35,0.325,0.3,1.0 //RGB color of the orbit line

}

Atmosphere

{

ScaleHeight = 10 //same as Kittopia for all of these

ContainsOxygen = False

maxAltitude = 150000

Multiplier = 22

TemperatureMultiplier = 22

lightColor = 0.70, 0.675, 0.65, 1.00 //(1 divided by color) of the atmosphere at the surface. Lower numbers mean more of that color. RGB

ambientColor = 0.45, 0.525, 0.30, 1.00 //RGB of color the atmosphere shines on flying spaceships.

}

ScaledVersion

{

Material

{

texture = PlanetPack/Textures/Azuli_map //change to your file path. Don't include "GameData/" or ".png"

{

0.0 = 0.35,0.325,0.30,1

0.6 = 0.09,0.08,0.07,1

1.0 = 0.02,0.015,0.01,1

}

rimPower = 3 //Higher for thicker atmospheres

}

}

}

Body

{

name = Bruno //change to the name of your planet

flightGlobalsIndex = 1234 //change to any number, not too big. Avoid numbers used by other planet packs

Template

{

name = Laythe //Don't change this! Duna and Eve have hard coded colors, so they make bad templates. Use Laythe even if your planet doesn't have oceans.

}

Properties

{

description = The description is what shows up in the information box in map view. Change this text to whatever you want.

radius = 500000 //How big is the planet? Laythe is 500000, keeping this number makes clouds easier to use

geeASL = 0.8 //Gravity at sea level. Kerbin is 1, of course

timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 60000 60000 60000 100000 200000 400000 800000 //altitudes that time warp can be used at, in meters. Time warps are x1, x5, x10, x50, x100, x1000, x10000, and x100000

ScienceValues //Higher values mean more science. Increase these for planets that are hard to reach or to land on, return from.

{

landedDataValue = 10 //Duna = 8, Laythe = 14

flyingLowDataValue = 9 //Duna = 5, Laythe = 11

flyingHighDataValue = 8.5 //Duna = 5, Laythe = 10

inSpaceLowDataValue = 8 //Duna = 7, Laythe = 9

inSpaceHighDataValue = 7.5 //Duna = 5, Laythe = 8

recoveryValue = 8

flyingAltitudeThreshold = 20000 //limit between "flying at TutPlanetAtmosphere" and "TutPlanetAtmosphere's upper atmosphere"

spaceAltitudeThreshold = 200000 //limit between "space near TutPlanetAtmosphere" and "space high above TutPlanetAtmosphere"

}

}

Orbit

{

color = 0.5,0.5,0.5,1 //RGB color of the orbit line

inclination = 0.5 //inclination in degrees

eccentricity = 0.03 //eccentricity of orbit, don't set this higher than 0.1 especially for large planets

semiMajorAxis = 26599840256 //how far the planet is from the sun. This number is Kerbin's

longitudeOfAscendingNode = 60 //change to whatever you want

argumentOfPeriapsis = 25 //change to whatever you want

}

ScaledVersion

{

Material

{

texture = PlanetPack/Textures/Bruno_map //change to your file path. Don't include "GameData/" or ".png"

normals = PlanetPack/Textures/Bruno_normal //change to your file path. Don't include "GameData/" or ".png"

{

0.0 = 0.80,0.70,0.65,1

0.6 = 0.10,0.08,0.08,1

1.0 = 0.02,0.02,0.01,1

}

rimPower = 1 //Higher for thicker atmospheres

}

}

Atmosphere

{

ScaleHeight = 5 //same as in Kittopia

ContainsOxygen = False //same as in Kittopia

maxAltitude = 60000 //same as in Kittopia

Multiplier = 1 //same as in Kittopia

lightColor = 0.68, 0.70, 0.75, 1.00 //(1 divided by color) of the atmosphere at the surface. Lower numbers mean more of that color. RGB

ambientColor = 0.35, 0.325, 0.30, 1.00 //RGB of color the atmosphere shines on landed/flying spaceships.

}

}

Body

{

name = Aster

flightGlobalsIndex = 1235 //Don't forget to make this number different from your other planets!

Template

{

name = Tylo //keep this for any moon or planet with a heightmap and no atmosphere

}

Properties

{

description = TutLargeMoon could be a planet, too, if that planet didn't have an atmosphere. Change this text to whatever you want.

radius = 300000

geeASL = 0.5

ScienceValues

{

landedDataValue = 10

inSpaceLowDataValue = 9

inSpaceHighDataValue = 8.5

recoveryValue = 9

spaceAltitudeThreshold = 80000

}

}

Orbit

{

referenceBody = Azuli //you can have your moons orbiting your planets

color = 1,1,1,1

inclination = 0.3

eccentricity = 0.05

semiMajorAxis = 12000000 //this is the Mun's SMA

longitudeOfAscendingNode = 60

argumentOfPeriapsis = 25

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0

epoch = 0

}

ScaledVersion

{

Material

{

texture = PlanetPack/Textures/Aster_map

normals = PlanetPack/Textures/Aster_normal

}

}

}

Body

{

name = Bean

flightGlobalsIndex = 1236

Template

{

name = Gilly //keep this as is, other small moons (Minmus, Dres, Bop, Pol) use different height characteristics

}

Properties

{

description = If you squint really really hard in your telescope, you can see it. Change this text to whatever you want.

radius = 20000 //You can have a really tiny asteroid if you want. Kopernicus will still work if this number is as low as 100 meters

geeASL = 0.04 //don't set this too low, or the body will have an SOI that's too small. Gilly = 0.03

tidallyLocked = True //If the same side of the moon always faces the body it's orbiting, it's tidally locked. Examples include the Moon in real life, and the Mun in KSP.

ScienceValues

{

landedDataValue = 12

inSpaceLowDataValue = 10

inSpaceHighDataValue = 9.5

recoveryValue = 10

spaceAltitudeThreshold = 15000

}

}

Orbit

{

referenceBody = Azuli //You can also add moons to the stock planets, for example, Jool.

color = 0.9,0.8,0.7,1

inclination = 20 //Don't be afraid to set high inclinations or eccentricities for asteroids, this makes them more of a challenge to get to!

eccentricity = 0.1

semiMajorAxis = 150000000 //this is about twice Bop's SMA.

longitudeOfAscendingNode = 55

argumentOfPeriapsis = 0

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0

epoch = 0

}

ScaledVersion

{

Material

{

texture = PlanetPack/Textures/Bean_map

normals = PlanetPack/Textures/Bean_normal

}

}

}

}

I'm not sure if your question has been answered already, but if not, here is the answer:

I've tried making a desert planet too, and logically used Duna as a template, which resulted in the same problem you're having with your planet.

Solution: Duna is a bad template. Use Tylo instead.

Everyone should be using this version of Kittopia if you are running the latest Kopernicus. It doesn't have full config saving yet, but has other features that the version in this thread does not, such as realtime Material editing, and file browser for adding textures to PQS mods.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129186-WIP-KittopiaTech-a-Kopernicus-Visual-Editor

@timandy1

Could I just mention that you shouldn't use Kittopia - EVER.

I learned that when I started my planet pack, since stuff didn't appear correctly.

Also, use the recent Kopernicus Update, and here's a better config structure, which doesn't require Kittopia and is somewhat more organized:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
Body
{
name = Oceania
flightGlobalsIndex = 888
Template
{
name = Laythe
removeOcean = true
removeAllPQSMods = true
}

Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sawob
semiMajorAxis = 56000000
inclination = 0
eccentricity = 0.05
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 89
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
color = 0.75,0.4,0.5,1
}
Properties
{
description = Insert description.
radius = 250000
geeASL = 0.45
rotationPeriod = 20000
rotates = true
tidallyLocked = false
initialRotation = 0
timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 30000 30000 60000 100000 300000 600000 800000

ScienceValues
{
landedDataValue = 18
flyingLowDataValue = 17
flyingHighDataValue = 17
splashedDataValue = 19
inSpaceLowDataValue = 15.3
inSpaceHighDataValue = 14.6
recoveryValue = 18.2
flyingAltitudeThreshold = 80000
spaceAltitudeThreshold = 1000000
}
}
ScaledVersion
{
type = Atmospheric
fadeStart = 0
fadeEnd = 0

Material
{
texture = Astro'sPlanets/Yof-SawobSystem/Sawob/SawobMuns/Oceania/Textures/Oceania_color
normals = Astro'sPlanets/Yof-SawobSystem/Sawob/SawobMuns/Oceania/Textures/Oceania_normal
shininess = 0
specular = 0.0,0.0,0.0,0

rimPower = 2.06
rimBlend = 0.3

Gradient
{
0.0 = 0.80,0.20,0.0,2
0.6 = 0.70,0.10,0.0,1.5
1.0 = 0.0196,0.0196,0.0196,1
}
}
}
Atmosphere
{
// effectively the ambient lighting color for all objects on the ground of this body (provides a slight tint)
ambientColor = 0.306,0.187,0.235,1

//
// shader.invWaveLength = Color( 1 / r^4, 1 / g^4, 1 / b^4, 0.5);
//
lightColor = 0.509,0.588,0.643,0

// General atmosphere settings
enabled = true
oxygen = true
altitude = 55000.0

// Atmosphere Pressure
// pressure (in atm) = multipler * e ^ -(altitude / (scaleHeight * 1000))
pressureCurve
{
key = 0 1.31086407 0 -0.000108275
key = 2000 1.094314833 -0.000108275 -9.04189E-05
key = 4000 0.913477137 -9.04189E-05 -7.5503E-05
key = 6000 0.762471051 -7.5503E-05 -6.30438E-05
key = 8000 0.636383366 -6.30438E-05 -5.32594E-05
key = 10000 0.529864639 -5.32594E-05 -4.43606E-05
key = 12000 0.441143425 -4.43606E-05 -3.69463E-05
key = 14000 0.367250922 -3.69463E-05 -3.07691E-05
key = 16000 0.305712815 -3.07691E-05 -2.56229E-05
key = 18000 0.254467007 -2.56229E-05 -2.26947E-05
key = 20000 0.209077683 -2.26947E-05 -1.86702E-05
key = 22000 0.171737343 -1.86702E-05 -1.53558E-05
key = 24000 0.141025797 -1.53558E-05 -1.26267E-05
key = 26000 0.115772385 -1.26267E-05 -1.03801E-05
key = 28000 0.095012209 -1.03801E-05 -9.06244E-06
key = 30000 0.076887315 -9.06244E-06 -7.34005E-06
key = 32000 0.062207227 -7.34005E-06 -5.94393E-06
key = 34000 0.050319373 -5.94393E-06 -4.81247E-06
key = 36000 0.04069443 -4.81247E-06 -3.89564E-06
key = 38000 0.032903146 -3.89564E-06 -3.33082E-06
key = 40000 0.026241503 -3.33082E-06 -2.65869E-06
key = 42000 0.020924119 -2.65869E-06 -2.12179E-06
key = 44000 0.016680547 -2.12179E-06 -1.69298E-06
key = 46000 0.01329459 -1.69298E-06 -1.35056E-06
key = 48000 0.010593468 -1.35056E-06 -1.13852E-06
key = 50000 0.008316437 -1.13852E-06 -8.94325E-07
key = 52000 0.006527787 -8.94325E-07 -7.02404E-07
key = 54000 0.005122979 -7.02404E-07 -5.51586E-07
key = 55000 0 0 0
}
temperatureCurve
{
key = 0 221.2 0 -0.0009
key = 2000 219.4 -0.0009 -0.0009
key = 4000 217.6 -0.0009 -0.0009
key = 6000 215.8 -0.0009 -0.0009
key = 8000 214 -0.0009 -0.0009
key = 10000 212.2 -0.0009 -0.0009
key = 12000 210.4 -0.0009 -0.0009
key = 14000 208.6 -0.0009 -0.0009
key = 16000 206.8 -0.0009 -0.0009
key = 18000 205 -0.0009 -0.00167
key = 20000 201.66 -0.00167 -0.00167
key = 22000 198.32 -0.00167 -0.00167
key = 24000 194.98 -0.00167 -0.00167
key = 26000 191.64 -0.00167 -0.00167
key = 28000 188.3 -0.00167 -0.00133
key = 30000 185.64 -0.00133 -0.00133
key = 32000 182.98 -0.00133 -0.00133
key = 34000 180.32 -0.00133 -0.00133
key = 36000 177.66 -0.00133 -0.00133
key = 38000 175 -0.00133 -0.00126
key = 40000 172.48 -0.00126 -0.00126
key = 42000 169.96 -0.00126 -0.00126
key = 44000 167.44 -0.00126 -0.00126
key = 46000 164.92 -0.00126 -0.00126
key = 48000 162.4 -0.00126 -0.00102
key = 50000 160.36 -0.00102 -0.00102
key = 52000 158.32 -0.00102 -0.00102
key = 54000 156.28 -0.00102 -0.00102
key = 55000 273.15 0.00103 0
}

// Atmosphere Temperature
temperatureMultiplier = 1.0
}

PQS
{
maxQuadLengthsPerFrame = 0.03
minLevel = 2
maxLevel = 12
minDetailDistance = 8

materialType = AtmosphericOptimized
Material
{
saturation = 1
contrast = 1.8
tintColor = 0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000

powerNear = 0.6
powerFar = 0.5

groundTexStart = 0
groundTexEnd = 1000

steepPower = 1.25
steepTexStart = 0
steepTexEnd = 50000
steepTex = BUILTIN/terrain_rock00
steepBumpMap = BUILTIN/RockyGround2
steepNearTiling = 100
steepTiling = 60

lowTex = BUILTIN/RockyGround
lowBumpMap = BUILTIN/quiet
lowNearTiling = 2000
lowMultiFactor = 100
lowBumpNearTiling = 2000
lowBumpFarTiling = 4000

midTex = BUILTIN/RockyGround
midBumpMap = BUILTIN/SandyGround
midNearTiling = 4000
midMultiFactor = 100
midBumpNearTiling = 4000
midBumpFarTiling = 4000

highTex = BUILTIN/RockyGround
highBumpMap = BUILTIN/quiet
highNearTiling = 4000
highMultiFactor = 100
highBumpNearTiling = 8000
highBumpFarTiling = 4000

lowStart = 0
lowEnd = 0.3
highStart = 0.8
highEnd = 1

globalDensity = 0
fogColorRamp = BUILTIN/desert_atmogradient
}

Mods
{
VertexColorMap
{
map = Astro'sPlanets/Yof-SawobSystem/Sawob/SawobMuns/Oceania/Textures/Oceania_color.png
blend = 1.0
order = 9999993
modEnabled = True
}

VertexHeightMap
{
map = Astro'sPlanets/Yof-SawobSystem/Sawob/SawobMuns/Oceania/PluginData/Oceania_height.png
offset = 0
deformity = 400.0
scaleDeformityByRadius = false
order = 20
enabled = true
}
VertexSimplexHeight
{
seed = 98374
deformity = 400.0
octaves = 8.0
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 4.0
enabled = true
order = 59
}
VertexHeightOffset
{
offset = 0
modEnabled = true
order = 100
}
VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
{
seed = 4447895
deformity = 500
octaves = 8
persistence = 0.5
frequency = 24
enabled = true
order = 50
}
VertexHeightNoise
{
noiseType = RiggedMultifractal
deformity = 100
seed = 1238999936
frequency = 25
lacunarity = 1.5
persistance = 0.75
octaves = 10
mode = Low
enabled = True
order = 19
}
VertexHeightNoiseVertHeightCurve2
{
deformity = 500
ridgedAddSeed = 1530393216
ridgedAddFrequency = 12
ridgedAddLacunarity = 2
ridgedAddOctaves = 4
ridgedSubSeed = 1212096256
ridgedSubFrequency = 12
ridgedSubLacunarity = 2
ridgedSubOctaves = 4
ridgedMode = Low
simplexHeightStart = 0
simplexHeightEnd = 9000
simplexSeed = 1909396224
simplexOctaves = 6
simplexPersistence = 0.699999988079071
simplexFrequency = 4
enabled = true
order = 100
}
HeightColorMap
{
blend = 0.7
order = 201
enabled = true
LandClasses
{
Class
{
name = AbyPl
altitudeStart = 0.0
altitudeEnd = 0.5
color = 0.0,0.0,0.0,1.0
lerpToNext = true
}
Class
{
name = Beach
altitudeStart = 0.5
altitudeEnd = 0.55
color = 0.164179087,0.164179087,0.164179087,1.0
lerpToNext = true
}
Class
{
name = Beach2
altitudeStart = 0.55
altitudeEnd = 1.0
color = 0.373134315,0.373134315,0.373134315,1.0
lerpToNext = false
}
}
}
}
}
Ocean
{
oceanColor = 1.0,0.4,0.0,1.0
}
Mods
{
AerialPerspectiveMaterial
{
globalDensity = -0.00001
heightFalloff = 6.75
atmosphereDepth = 150000
DEBUG_SetEveryFrame = true
cameraAlt = 0
cameraAtmosAlt = 0
heightDensAtViewer = 0
enabled = true
order = 100
}

OceanFX
{
enabled = true
order = 100
}
}
}
}
}

Also, always use a Laythe template for Ocean and *most* Atmospheric worlds.

• 3 months later...

I'm new to the forum, but not to Kerbal Space Program modding. After months of grueling coding, game crashes, mutant planets, and stranded kerbals, I have finally gotten the hang of Kopernicus Tech. I've made a planet pack via K-Tech called the Othrys Planet Pack. As of right now, there are 4 planets and 6 moons this mod adds, but in the future there will (probably) be around 2 dozen! Each planet is unique and created by a LOT of effort. I will post some development screenshots in a few days and eventually create a forum page just for the mod.

BTW this mod is in KSP 0.90 because I got the game off of the official KSP website and I cannot figure out how to update it. So to anyone who wants to experience this mod but has a game version past 0.90 beta, sorry.

Kopernicus Tech is highly outdated. You are advised to use Kopernicus, which has a stable 1.0.4 build.

You can download a new copy of the game in the store, at the same place where you got 0.90. The KSP-Store Updater is a bit buggy, at the moment.

I'm planning to get KSP via Steam soon, and I once tried to do regular Kopernicus (before I realized it was for 1.0:P), so I somewhat understand how to use it in later versions. In fact, the planets (part of the Kerbal Frontiers mod I used to make) actually loaded up in the tracking station, yet my ships randomly exploded when I launched them. Also, is there any way I can update my download of KSP via the KSP store, and is that new copy you mentioned free or not?

Also, is there a Kittopia PQSMod that enhances a planet's texture when you get closer? My planet textures are somewhat blurry (especially the mountains) and very pyramid-like in some areas, so it is making my planets (such as Krios) unrealistic looking. I will post a screenshot in a bit with the pyramid mountains of my moon Krios.

Kopernicus Tech is highly outdated. You are advised to use Kopernicus, which has a stable 1.0.4 build.

You can download a new copy of the game in the store, at the same place where you got 0.90. The KSP-Store Updater is a bit buggy, at the moment.

I'm planning to get KSP via Steam soon, and I once tried to do regular Kopernicus (before I realized it was for 1.0:P), so I somewhat understand how to use it in later versions. In fact, the planets (part of the Kerbal Frontiers mod I used to make) actually loaded up in the tracking station, yet my ships randomly exploded when I launched them. Also, is there any way I can update my download of KSP via the KSP store, and is that new copy you mentioned free or not?

Also, is there a Kittopia PQSMod that enhances a planet's texture when you get closer? My planet textures are somewhat blurry (especially the mountains) and very pyramid-like in some areas, so it is making my planets (such as Krios) unrealistic looking. I will post a screenshot in a bit with the pyramid mountains of my moon Krios.

- - - Updated - - -