[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

Did you mean totally black? Or it still has some greyish hue? If it's the latter, it's most likely caused by PQSMod_VertexColorMap... Check it on the Kittopia GUI, does it has modEnabled checked?

Totally black. Yeah, it's enabled.

It happens to ALL Kopernicus planets, though, not just mine.

Edited by _Augustus_

I think my KittopiaTech cfg didn't work. I installed my 4 other bodies (2 of which are Gilly based, and didn't need RSS cfg, so why would they need KittopiaTech cfgs?), and it seems my maps which are used in map view didn't work. Phos and Zem-Po (Both Gilly Based) are PERFECTLY flat, there texture is still there, but they are perfect spheres. I don't know if there surface is still working, but in map view they're flat. And I noticed that the 3 other bodies I have which aren't Gilly based and have KittopiaTech cfgs seem to have the map view map (I think it's the bump map) of there base, such as Rafera looks more spherical than it should be, and looks like Dres, it's base. (Though It's texture is fine). So is there something wrong with my KittopiaTech cfg? Do ALL bodies need KittopiaTech cfgs?

I can test with atmospheric planets, and maybe a gas giant with rings once I figure that out. An example of custom atmosphere colors and oceans would be well appreciated. I can post examples if I get them all working, but I don't have tons of time so it may be a while. If anyone else figures it out, that would be great.

Also, Augustus, don't jump to conclusions and abandon your thread when this isn't exactly working yet. Though this looks very promising.

Okay, here's a quick, dirty way to modify a KittopiaTech config, so that it will work on your planet (hopefully):

1. Pick a planet that has the same template as yours (check out the Kopernicus configuration).

2. Copy its config to a new file that has the same name as your planet.

2. Change the header on the very top of the config file, to your planet name.

PlanetSomething
{
AdditionalData
{

3. Change the image path on PQSMod_VertexHeightMap (if it exists) and PQSMod_VertexHeightMap.

Sorry guys, I have some important RL matters to do.... So I'm afraid I have to log out now. Just keep experimenting, and good luck with the planets. :)

I found the bump maps for Phos and Zem-Po, added them and re-added the KittopiaTech cfg. It worked, but I think the map views still don't have the bump maps I have. Look here, at my Rafera with KopernicusTech:

5quLMc1.png

Now look at Dres:

yPNH2Yz.png

Now, go to the 4th image in this album, it has Rafera in Kopernicus 1.4.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Is it me, or does Rafera now have the same bump map as Dres? So, is my KittopiaTech cfg actually doing what it's supposed to do? If not, how do I fix it?

(Or I may just have bad judgement skills. :P)

Okay, here's a quick, dirty way to modify a KittopiaTech config, so that it will work on your planet (hopefully):

1. Pick a planet that has the same template as yours (check out the Kopernicus configuration).

2. Copy its config to a new file that has the same name as your planet.

2. Change the header on the very top of the config file, to your planet name.

PlanetSomething
{
AdditionalData
{

3. Change the image path on PQSMod_VertexHeightMap (if it exists) and PQSMod_VertexHeightMap.

Sorry guys, I have some important RL matters to do.... So I'm afraid I have to log out now. Just keep experimenting, and good luck with the planets. :)

Thanks for all the time you already put into the KT. Hope we can all help it grow into something amazing.

I'd like to help. I'm new to the planet making. I've already has success with an asteroid planet and a tiny planet with a small atmosphere and no clouds. I use Space Engine for textures and all, and I'm working on adding a nice warm terra planet to the game. How do I add clouds to the config? Also, how do I create those atmosphere rimColorRamp .png(s)?

Edited by Lillz

Okay, I get the blackness bug on all non-atmospheric bodies made by Kopernicus, including Trans-Keptunian. It says nothing in the logs.

Help?

On the bright side, everything WITH an atmosphere works fine, so I resurrected Sentar, Skelton, and Erin.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by _Augustus_

Ever since I updated from the Kopernicuscore from early yesterday to this version my planets that were previously working no longer work. The config files are exactly the same.... Is there something I'm supposed to change?

edit: looking over how trans-keptunian is laid out.... this seems like A LOT more work to make planets.......

Edited by Lillz

I'd like to help. I'm new to the planet making. I've already has success with an asteroid planet and a tiny planet with a small atmosphere and no clouds. I use Space Engine for textures and all, and I'm working on adding a nice warm terra planet to the game. How do I add clouds to the config? Also, how do I create those atmosphere rimColorRamp .png(s)?

[...]

edit: looking over how trans-keptunian is laid out.... this seems like A LOT more work to make planets.......

This mod doesn't do clouds. You'll need to use the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements mod for that.

I think when you get the hang of it'll be straightforward enough. The advantages of KT seem to outweigh the extra work. Once you or other people have a few working planet/moon types you can easily copy those and use them as a template for new planets or moons.

Okay, I get the blackness bug on all non-atmospheric bodies made by Kopernicus, including Trans-Keptunian. It says nothing in the logs.

Help?

On the bright side, everything WITH an atmosphere works fine, so I resurrected Sentar, Skelton, and Erin.

http://imgur.com/a/CYSx8

Haven't noticed any blackness. Could you post a pic?

Edited by CaptRobau

This mod doesn't do clouds. You'll need to use the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements mod for that.

I think when you get the hang of it'll be straightforward enough. The advantages of KT seem to outweigh the extra work. Once you or other people have a few working planet/moon types you can easily copy those and use them as a template for new planets or moons.

Haven't noticed any blackness. Could you post a pic?

Yah I'm getting there. The Kopernicus files were easy enough, but the files in GameData\KittopiaSpace\SaveLoad and GameData\KittopiaSpace\ScaledSpace don't make much sense. A tutorial is definitely needed.

I'd still love it if someone would answer how to get those atmosphere rim .png(s)....

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I finally got my planets to work in this. However, Burlap, a planet with a very small atmosphere, has a blue ring around it in map view (idk about when you're actually there, hyperedit doesnt work for me -- just explodes my vessel when I try to select an orbit).

Burlap config: http://pastebin.com/KqpBkEdz

xmnADpf.jpg

Edit: Figured out Hyperedit. Burlap has the heightmap I wanted and texture in map view that I wanted, but in vessel mode, it's texture looks like duna's (the template I chose).... What's up with that?

Changing template for Burlap from Duna makes my planets disappear from the game. Knowing what those bin files are in the KittopiaTech for Trans-Kep mod would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed map view. Changed some setting in my atmosphere that lets me zoom in normally and the blue outline isn't there. Good

How do we get proper scaled space? How did you make those bin files in your neptune planet pack? Is that why my planet has the same texture colors as Duna when a vessel is close to it? How do I get the planet to look like it does in map view, even when up close?

Edited by Lillz