[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

OMG i am laughing so hard right now.....

public void ExecuteTasks() {
foreach (KPSmapLocation task in tasks.Keys)
tasks[task](task);
foreach (KPSmapLocation task in taskstasks.Keys)
taskstasks[task](task);
taskstasks.Clear();
}

Clearly some tasks is about to be executed on the kps system somewhere :P

The main module part seems to be buggy in 0.17. I can't mount it on any part without generally bugging out the VAB. I foolishly overwrote my old KSP folder when I upgraded, so I can't test whether or not ships that already had that part on them still work.

The main module part seems to be buggy in 0.17. I can't mount it on any part without generally bugging out the VAB. I foolishly overwrote my old KSP folder when I upgraded, so I can't test whether or not ships that already had that part on them still work.

LazorSystem is now 0.17 compatible. Let me know if you find any bugs, or i will put some in there on purpose :P

The target tab now has a lot of parameters for the new planets....Enjoy

I've found a bug: sometimes when I open the target cam window,, it screws up the gui and the buttons are squashed at the top, and the picture is rotated. The consoles spams repaints. Any ideas?

I have already fixed this bug and uploaded it. Just reload the file on the op. The bug had nothing to do with 0.17. Well only indirectly ;-) When 0.17 came out i rushed out all the planetary parameters, and with it, the bug that cause this. Let me know if you find any more issues.

The bugfix also contain a tweaked guidance system for the lazor missiles. It should work a lot better in space now. It is still not able to hit moving targets though. The problems are: 1. Setting the direction of the missile, it needs more precision. 2. Compensating for drag, gravity, coriolis, centripetal, etc. forces.

Amazing mod! An excelent addition to this amazing game.

At last, airplanes are easy to control :D

The missiles are great, even if we barely have something to shot at. I have also created a long range, bigger version of them (something like a cruise missile) and i'm cleaning KSP's debris with my bombers. However the part i like most is the guidance and logistic systems.

Keep up the good work :D

So can i have multiple different systems in this mod? I mean, can i like change wich laser i use? How?

You can run as many systems as you want, at the same time too :D Basically you just put lazors on top of color crystals, then mount them on your vessel to enable different subsystems. To get started it's probably best that you read the op especially the parts about assembly and subsystems.

Amazing mod! An excelent addition to this amazing game.

At last, airplanes are easy to control :D

The missiles are great, even if we barely have something to shot at. I have also created a long range, bigger version of them (something like a cruise missile) and i'm cleaning KSP's debris with my bombers. However the part i like most is the guidance and logistic systems.

Keep up the good work :D

It really makes my day to hear that you guys like this mod :)

Btw: Have you created a new missile model or is it just a .cfg edit?

Is there something besides targeting a vessel and activating the stage to get missiles to be precise? I tried still shots, horizontally flying shots, shooting while flying up, while flying down, and to give them every possible orientation on my vessels. They always miss my still target by 5-10m. All I wanna do is blow that memory of a failed takeoff up!

Is there something besides targeting a vessel and activating the stage to get missiles to be precise? I tried still shots, horizontally flying shots, shooting while flying up, while flying down, and to give them every possible orientation on my vessels. They always miss my still target by 5-10m. All I wanna do is blow that memory of a failed takeoff up!

the problem is precision. as i described in my post earlier. I'm not sure what speciffic situation you are reffering to but for example at orbit, when the target vessel is traveling at 2km/s the end point i am using for reference is 2km beyond my vessel and rapidly fluctuating by, i dont know how much. This is why my missiles miss by said meters. i really don't know if it is possible bo hit targets traveling at this speed in the real world. All i know is the issues i listed up in my previous post. If i can overcome those im confident i can atleast make the missiles hit "sometimes".

the problem is precision. as i described in my post earlier. I'm not sure what speciffic situation you are reffering to but for example at orbit, when the target vessel is traveling at 2km/s the end point i am using for reference is 2km beyond my vessel and rapidly fluctuating by, i dont know how much. This is why my missiles miss by said meters. i really don't know if it is possible bo hit targets traveling at this speed in the real world. All i know is the issues i listed up in my previous post. If i can overcome those im confident i can atleast make the missiles hit "sometimes".

Well, the missiles tend to miss small targets on short-mid distances. A workaround could be made by implementing a different detonation system. Instead of being impact-detonate, it could use a proximity detector and a bigger explosion radius. How difficult could this be to implement? I have only edited some configuration parameters of some duplicated files, i don't know how to create or edit plugins.

Anyway, thanks for this amazing mod :D

It would be nice to have a larger blast radius, but I think there are problems with the way KSP handles explosions right now; sometimes they are not even counted as explosions according to my testing.

Well, the missiles tend to miss small targets on short-mid distances. A workaround could be made by implementing a different detonation system. Instead of being impact-detonate, it could use a proximity detector and a bigger explosion radius. How difficult could this be to implement? I have only edited some configuration parameters of some duplicated files, i don't know how to create or edit plugins.

Anyway, thanks for this amazing mod :D

It is no problem to have the missiles do proximity detonation. I could add even a button to the modules tab that toggles this functionality on and off. I could also add a text field where you can manually set the range.

It would be nice to have a larger blast radius, but I think there are problems with the way KSP handles explosions right now; sometimes they are not even counted as explosions according to my testing.

The problem may also be related to the type of explosion the missiles have. It doesn't actually make any explosion. All it does is add force to parts within its blast radius. The force at 0 range is 1000, at half range it is 500 and at max range it is 0. I have probably said this before: if the target is at say, half range and 500 force is not enough to send the part flying, either because it is too heavy or because the force applied is not enough to make it break off whatever it is attached to, nothing will happen.

If you want to explode things its best to use the bombs. They have some thrust and they work just like a missile if you fire them in orbit. They are more inaccurate than the missiles though because im compensating for the gravity incorrectly. Also if you really just want to clean out debris you can use the S-D button on the target screen, it's available after you have linked up with the tracking station.

I don't have problems with debris; I tend to just drop a couple of the bombs. But after an incident with a close-range missile launch at the VAB from one of my planes, which ended in bits of plane flying opposite their previous direction of travel, I really want to see more bits flying everywhere!

I don't have problems with debris; I tend to just drop a couple of the bombs. But after an incident with a close-range missile launch at the VAB from one of my planes, which ended in bits of plane flying opposite their previous direction of travel, I really want to see more bits flying everywhere!

I fixed the issue with the explosions on the lazor guided missile. It now seems to be 100% reliable and bits are flying EVERYWHERE :D I also added a proximity detonation function. Now i just have to increase the precision of the guidance system. Hopefully my vectoring pid controller idea will work.

I'm really confused as to exactly what the lazors do and how to use them. I've played around with the mod a little I know I can point them at different things and look through a camera, and I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube of people using them to make hovercraft and Flying Saucers but have yet to learn how to do any of that.

Is there a tutorial that I'm missing for both what the mod contains and how to use it.

I'm really confused as to exactly what the lazors do and how to use them. I've played around with the mod a little I know I can point them at different things and look through a camera, and I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube of people using them to make hovercraft and Flying Saucers but have yet to learn how to do any of that.

Is there a tutorial that I'm missing for both what the mod contains and how to use it.

I have tried to make the op more informative but i continuosly fail at it :(

It's all about putting colored lazors on your vessels, different colors enable different subsystems. The subsystem section on the op has most of the system listed. And they pop up in the subsystems tab in-game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.