[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

The new standalone docking camera download doesn't have any parts. I have the parts from the previous version so everything appears to be working fine - I did remove the old Romfarer.dll from the plugins directory before putting the 0.20 bits in its new location in the GameData folder, but I've left the parts in place.

It is not supposed to have any parts.

im not using sunbeam i'm using the red and yellow lazors

Please explain in more detail what you are trying to do, and if possible upload a screenshot of the bug.

Any idea how to increase fuel transfer rate? 1.4/s is not much when you transfering whole tank of 1440 fuel.

Use more yellow lazors.

After 2.0 reinstall and having Lazor Updated and installed correctly.

aaaand having a control module on my ship (which I never fail to do anyway) my Lazors are still blowing up at launch.

Poof gone, blown to bits for no apparent reason.

any additional thoughts or something I am missing.

Please explain in more detail what you are trying to do, and if possible upload a screenshot of the bug.

In the subsystems tab, it shows that I have 2 subsystems Lazor guided flight and engineering, how ever when I click on them no menus appear with the respective functions (afterburner,fuel transfer,etc).

After 2.0 reinstall and having Lazor Updated and installed correctly.

aaaand having a control module on my ship (which I never fail to do anyway) my Lazors are still blowing up at launch.

Poof gone, blown to bits for no apparent reason.

any additional thoughts or something I am missing.

You are missing the main lazor module, lazors won't do anything without it.

In the subsystems tab, it shows that I have 2 subsystems Lazor guided flight and engineering, how ever when I click on them no menus appear with the respective functions (afterburner,fuel transfer,etc).

are you clicking on the colored buttons to the right? and if so, are exceptions being thrown?

I suggest copying the files manually. If it's not working it is definately installed wrong. (as in files are in the wrong place)

I did more than that. I made a clean reinstall and copied the files manually. Same GUI error.

Bumping/repeating my previous question:

Thanks for making the Docking Cam a stand-alone module, as that's the only part of this light show that I'm interested in. The current installation is very tidy - no messing with config files, just delete it to get the original parts back. That's nice.

However, it still gives me the IMO useless "Lazor Powered" configuration box in the upper left corner of the Space Center view, that I can neither move nor disable. I don't need this and I don't want it. Can you give me any way to get rid of it?

I don't see any colored buttons?

I'm going to need a screenshot.

I did more than that. I made a clean reinstall and copied the files manually. Same GUI error.

Need screenshots here as well. You are running ksp 0.20 right? and you copied the files so GameData replaces the GameData folder right?

Bumping/repeating my previous question:

You will have to wait for an update.

Need screenshots here as well. You are running ksp 0.20 right? and you copied the files so GameData replaces the GameData folder right?

Yes and and yes. Here are screenshots:

1GxTxd7.png

And here's one of the planes included on the pack:

jN7dsZd.png

And here's one with the Lazor System working:

UI60Jhu.png

Edited by MR4Y

I installed the docking cam 0.20 on the gamedata folder, but the windows are missing textures, even when those textures are in the folders, also I am missing info on the window, I only see the thin white lines and red ones, not the ones you need to align properly.

Ok this has me curious.

With the latest Installment 2.7.1 (numbers could be a bit off there)

Is there no longer a Plugin file or a Plugin Data Folder?

Because just out of curiosity I re-downloaded the Lazor File from space port.

It doesn't have either of these.

I really thought 0.20 would make it easier to install mods and also fix the issues with missing textures.

So for those of you that are seeing all black textures on the lazor system gui, well, this is the only thing that really has been established. While testing it i ran into an issue with a few textures showing as all black, not all of them. I have compiled a checklist:

1. Must have KSP 0.20

2. Must have lazor system v27

3. Install the files and make sure GameData replaces GameData in KSP_win.

4. The path to the plugin should be ...KSP_win\GameData\Romfarer\Romfarer.dll

5. The path to the textures should be ...KSP_win\GameData\Romfarer\textures and this folder should have 38 png images in it.

6. What operating system are you using?

I'm also going to need to see the output_log.txt for when the game loads up with no textures.

1. Must have KSP 0.20

5. The path to the textures should be ...KSP_win\GameData\Romfarer\textures and this folder should have 38 png images in it.

I'm also going to need to see the output_log.txt for when the game loads up with no textures.

1- Yes.

2- Yes.

3- I rename the main folder to 'Kerbal Space Program 0.20' to differentiate from 0.19. I don't think this should cause any issues.

4- It is there.

5- It has all 38 textures.

6- Windows 7 Home Basic x64 and Windows 8 x64 Pro.

Here's is my log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h0ml36ua0c4x3w/output_log.txt

I've fixed my texture Issues by doing what Romfarer said.

I installed the Roamfarer folder into the GameData folder.

I had it under KSP_win/GameData/mods/Roamfarer (if you have it installed like this it wont load all the textures)

1- Yes.

2- Yes.

3- I rename the main folder to 'Kerbal Space Program 0.20' to differentiate from 0.19. I don't think this should cause any issues.

4- It is there.

5- It has all 38 textures.

6- Windows 7 Home Basic x64 and Windows 8 x64 Pro.

Here's is my log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h0ml36ua0c4x3w/output_log.txt

I have looked at your log. Turns out there is a bug in the ksp loader. From what i hear the fix for this will be included in the next ksp patch.

I've fixed my texture Issues by doing what Romfarer said.

I installed the Roamfarer folder into the GameData folder.

I had it under KSP_win/GameData/mods/Roamfarer (if you have it installed like this it wont load all the textures)

I'm glad this fixed your issue. I might add some changes to it so you can have the mod installed in a directory of your choosing.

How come my launch clamps turn into dangerous killers?

My plugin is supposed to explode the launch clamps on take off, if this doesn't happen for some reason, it triggers a bug. I hear the ksp patch will include something which will enable me to not explode them.

I really thought 0.20 would make it easier to install mods and also fix the issues with missing textures.

So for those of you that are seeing all black textures on the lazor system gui, well, this is the only thing that really has been established. While testing it i ran into an issue with a few textures showing as all black, not all of them. I have compiled a checklist:

1. Must have KSP 0.20

1. Check

2. Check

3. Check

4. Check

5. Check

6. Win 7 64bit

Texture problem? No :)

Main Module on: Yes :)

Lazors Exploding?: Yes :confused:

Clamps NOT Exploding?: Yes :rolleyes:

UI for Lazors missing?: Yes (probably cause the Lazors explode before ship settles) :rolleyes:

This is almost funny as my Lazors are exploding but my Launch clamps do not.

Hey Rom? My issue could be relevant in the fact that Lazors explode but Launch Clamps do not.

Not every one is getting THAT issue. What if somehow KSP is saying "Explode his Lazors" instead of Saying "Explode his Launch Clamps" :wink:

I hope this does help you. Is there any log I can give you that shows that particular data?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.