[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

is it possible to strip down the mod to make lazor eva a stand alone? this mod has some great features like first person view, docking camera, radial camera but the rest doesnt apeal to me. :/

I'm going to add it to my lenghty list of features i'll consider. I'm still in the middle of fixing and improving the features already in the system so i don't know when that will be.

Hey, first of all great mod I love it! I just had a quick question. I'm using a logitech extreme 3D joystick and it works in kerbal just fine but as soon as I activate the lazor system (specifically the red lazors) The joystick doesn't seen to effect control anymore. Is there just a setting I'm missing or is there just no joystick support for this mod or something else? I've searched around and can't seem to find anyone else mentioning this problem or any joystick related things at all actually. Thanks!

The red lazor system can't handle joystick control atm.

Firstly nice mod.

Secondly could you add a detailed explanation of the EVA features of the mod to the front pages cant find any info on em.

Also is it possible to use the guided bomb etc to eradicate the VAB and SPH buildings from orbit once and for all???? lol

Press 1 for destroy what you point at,

2 to decouple what you point at from whatever it is attached to.

press 3, then click on two parts. and suddenly they are welded together.

and carefull what you wish for. Sure i can make them dissapear but are you sure this is what you want? It would really mean they would be gone forever and you wouldnt be able to play ksp anymore :P

Can the model for the sunbeam laser be replaced using only config change? Im guessing its more complicated, but figured Id ask before I try.

No one has tried this?? Drat...gonna have to make a model to find out now...

You can do this, so yes, it is possible.

Is there a way to make the missiles take into account the curvature of Kerbin's surface? Or do I just have to use a rocket to get high enough to counteract that every time? (I'm using missiles to destroy debris.)

It is probably possible but the plan was to add some other options for missile control.

Is the gui meant to look like this? or is it a conflict, because i cant find the close button for the windows yFVFouk.jpg

Missing textures. You havent installed it correctly.

This seems to be the issue most people are having. Is it really that hard to install my plugins? And if so, how could i make it easier?

Oh its not hard to install your plugins, don't worry :), it worked before and I think it was just a glitch I had.

Oh and great mod by the way, puts a whole new level of fun into ksp :D

Edited by Boamere

Romfarer, can you make a stand-alone nuclear device that I can put on my custom missiles?

you can just tweak the missile parameters in the .cfg file. Set blast radius to whatever you want and let me know what happends. Screenshot :D

You can do this, so yes, it is possible.

Really?

I don't have to do anything special in Unity to define where it shoots or pivots?

Or do I misunderstand..maybe you are saying new models would be considered by you.

Great mod, I use it in every ship I make. Greatly enhances the experience with rudimentary autopilot functions and course plotting. Red lazor also makes docking an almost pleasant experience! :D

However, I have run into a rather annoying issue, very similar to this one:

Is there any kind of restriction on the use of the red (lazor guided) lazor? I launched without problem the first module of my space station using the red lazor, but when I launched my space tug, the red lazor didn't seem to work. It wouldn't keep the direction it was set to follow (I used the "current direction" option). It wouldn't change direction to go prograde, retrograde or any other option either. The space station's module has a PPD-12 Cupola Module but the space tug has only a Probodobodyne OKTO2 probe. Does it changes anything?

In my case, I have a lander rocket design that includes a satellite and both the lander and the satellite stages have their own Lazor Systems and red and yellow lazors. For the most of my test flight to the Mün, the red lazor functions normally without any problems and continues to function normally for the lander after the seperation. However, the seperated satellite's red lazor will almost completely cease to function, only ever neutralizing the rotation but never turning to the designated direction, no matter what the setting (with the exception of "Free" of course).

The lazor itself would point at the correct direction but the SAS system wouldn't utilize the controls nearly at all. They would flicker at the correct direction (I'm pretty sure it was the correct direction) but immediately level themselves. Or flicker at the opposite direction to neutralize the previous flicker. When manually rotated, they'd halt the rotation and then go back to flickering.

It's not too problematic since the orbital adjustments are usually small enough to not take too much time manually, but it's something of an inconvenience. The satellite uses the Probodobodyne OKTO command module.

Possibly relatedly, the lander's Lazor system will completely lack the red and yellow lazor tabs after the seperation. It can be fixed easily by going back to KSC and taking control of the flight again, so it's not a real problem.

If necessary, I can provide the .craft file and the save file and the mods used (or a stripped down .craft without other mods) if it helps.

In my case, I have a lander rocket design that includes a satellite and both the lander and the satellite stages have their own Lazor Systems and red and yellow lazors. For the most of my test flight to the Mün, the red lazor functions normally without any problems and continues to function normally for the lander after the seperation. However, the seperated satellite's red lazor will almost completely cease to function, only ever neutralizing the rotation but never turning to the designated direction, no matter what the setting (with the exception of "Free" of course).

The lazor itself would point at the correct direction but the SAS system wouldn't utilize the controls nearly at all. They would flicker at the correct direction (I'm pretty sure it was the correct direction) but immediately level themselves. Or flicker at the opposite direction to neutralize the previous flicker. When manually rotated, they'd halt the rotation and then go back to flickering.

It's not too problematic since the orbital adjustments are usually small enough to not take too much time manually, but it's something of an inconvenience. The satellite uses the Probodobodyne OKTO command module.

Possibly relatedly, the lander's Lazor system will completely lack the red and yellow lazor tabs after the seperation. It can be fixed easily by going back to KSC and taking control of the flight again, so it's not a real problem.

If necessary, I can provide the .craft file and the save file and the mods used (or a stripped down .craft without other mods) if it helps.

I would appreciate a stripped down craft that illustrates this issue (or two issues if they are separate) so i can run my own tests on it and figure out what goes wrong. I did implement something in the last version that sould solve issues like this, but there's clearly at least one case it fail in. A brief "steps to reproduce" would also be appreciated.

I would appreciate a stripped down craft that illustrates this issue (or two issues if they are separate) so i can run my own tests on it and figure out what goes wrong. I did implement something in the last version that sould solve issues like this, but there's clearly at least one case it fail in. A brief "steps to reproduce" would also be appreciat

When I use this mod sometimes I can't end flight :/ has anyone else got this bug?

I'm going to need your outplut_log.txt and steps to reproduce for this one.

I would appreciate a stripped down craft that illustrates this issue (or two issues if they are separate) so i can run my own tests on it and figure out what goes wrong. I did implement something in the last version that sould solve issues like this, but there's clearly at least one case it fail in. A brief "steps to reproduce" would also be appreciat

Here it is. The only things the stripped down version lacks are radial drogue parachutes. Tested it and the bug can be replicated by simply launching into orbit around Kerbin and seperating there. Staging should be correct, just keep seperating the outer layers as they run out of fuel.

After the interplanetary stage (the Poodle engine), the satellite will seperate alongside the support struts. It has Seperators in the same stage, so turn the ship a bit so the satellite won't crash into the interplanetary stage. Both the 'non-functional satellite RSAS' and the 'lacking lander modules' issues should appear. The latter fixes itself after retunging to KSC and coming back.

Hi :D

Been enjoying this mod for a while (v281), I think the latest Kerbal update has thrown a bug at this. v0.21.0.272

In VAB Place a control module ( I used Mk1 lander can)

On top of that add an XL girder and place 2x solar panels (mirrored) on a side of the girder.

ALT + click a solar panel and things go all wrong, I can't place or select anymore items, or even exit VAB the only thing that's possible is to ALT+F4 KSP :(

It looks like the item is getting replicated down the bottom of the screen and not being placed at the mouse as it should do?!

Not sure if this happened pre-update, it has happened before but I can replicate this everytime now.

Carry on the good work ...

PS: I'm also using The Winch mod (KAS) and MechJeb 2 all tested independently though.

>> UPDATE <<

Hadn't installed the new lazor update *facepalm*

Edited by Mysophobe
just an FYI update

In case someone is wondering. No, LazorSystem does not work with 0.21 yet. 0.21 introduced a lot of changes and it broke almost all my mods, i think. Not so easy to fix either as my mods are made up of roughly 14,000 lines of code.

But soon! :D

In case someone is wondering. No, LazorSystem does not work with 0.21 yet. 0.21 introduced a lot of changes and it broke almost all my mods, i think. Not so easy to fix either as my mods are made up of roughly 14,000 lines of code.

But soon! :D

WOOOOOOOO thats alot of code. Good luck, take whatever time you need. Thanks for all hard work.

Edit: cant wait to begin welding giant ships together again though :P

If This helps,

I've initially tested Robotic Arms pack and it seems to work with .21. I have a 592 part space station with 4 of the canadarms. works very smoothly and no wobble. I do have ASAS on this station.

May be my imagination, but frame rates seem to be up...

Edited by Papa_Joe

If This helps,

I've initially tested Robotic Arms pack and it seems to work with .21. I have a 592 part space station with 4 of the canadarms. works very smoothly and no wobble. I do have ASAS on this station.

May be my imagination, but frame rates seem to be up...

Idk about the rest of your message but I think average frame rates for me are up as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.