Is there any way to use fuel lines on the donut tanks?

I am trying to build a new lander and I need to transfer fuel directly to an engine. Problem is: the source is a donut tank and the parts are not directly connected. And idea how I can circumvent this illogical drawback?

Edited by ShadowZone

The 1x1 structural panels do not allow fuel crossfeed, so the fuel-seeking algorithm can't find the tanks through them.

Either use a part that allows fuel crossfeed to mount the tanks, route the fuel around the panels through parts that allow fuel crossfeed, or run a fuel line from the tanks to the panels to override their fuel crossfeed setting.

I am trying to build a new lander and I need to transfer fuel directly to an engine. Problem is: the source is a donut tank and the parts are not directly connected. And idea how I can circumvent this illogical drawback?

IIRC, the toroidal tanks don't allow surface attachment, so you can't attach fuel lines to them directly. Why not attach the engines and the tank to something that allows crossfeed?

IIRC, the toroidal tanks don't allow surface attachment, so you can't attach fuel lines to them directly. Why not attach the engines and the tank to something that allows crossfeed?

This is due to me trying build a very compact vehicle that can fit inside a Mk3 Cargo Bay and can land on Laythe. But I modified my construction so I can use the smal LT-100 tanks.

Thanks for all the hints!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.